Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 22:56   #5221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01
Any news on the 4s prices slashing down ?
Or are they still being sold at the same price in Delhi/NCR
News is that the iPhone 4 and 4s is being relaunched at Rs.28000 and Rs.33000 respectively.

This is to happen this weekend or early next week. Dont know if this is true or just another rumor doing the rounds.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:01   #5222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Quick request for answers?

Now that I 5 has landed up, shall I buy an I 4S?
I am not really too fussed about having the latest machine.

Just want points of view from experts here please.
Thank you
SB
I sold my iPhone 4 just a week before the iPhone 5 was to launch and bought a htc one x now so as to use it for sometime.

Now the prices of 4S are crashing after the launch of the 5. I was just going through the used prices of 4S 16gb on eBay and they are now selling at about 21000 INR for Unlocked mint condition phones.

I think that's worth a buy now.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:03   #5223
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Definitely, missing Steve here. If he could be alive, we might have seems altogether different iphone, not just slimmer version of iphone 4
iPhone 5 is actually more than that
Old 2nd October 2012, 16:30   #5224
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking over the international UNLOCKED pricing of the iPhone (official), the pricing is almost exact worldwide if converted to INR it is Rs.37,200 currently available in Hong Kong, Canada, UK and Spain. However in the last two countries the price is valid after the VAT rebate on exit at the airport.
Old 2nd October 2012, 19:56   #5225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
News is that the iPhone 4 and 4s is being relaunched at Rs.28000 and Rs.33000 respectively.

This is to happen this weekend or early next week. Dont know if this is true or just another rumor doing the rounds.
Both 4 and 4s are currently available for that price in the grey market.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:30   #5226
Senior - BHPian

Dunno if its the new iOS or the hardware,but there have been loads of issues on my phone now !
iMessage doesnt work most of the times . I have to reset 3G everytime i need to send an iMessage.
Apps have been crashing .

The Imagine Store ( Apple service center in Koramangala , Bangalore) tells me to switch off 3G . They say using wi-fi and 3G at the same time causes problems

BTW this is a replcament phone . The earlier phone had heating issues and they replaced it saying there was a battery problem .
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:39   #5227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
The Imagine Store ( Apple service center in Koramangala , Bangalore) tells me to switch off 3G . They say using wi-fi and 3G at the same time causes problems:
Open a case # with apple India and get a replacement phone. That's one unacceptable answer from imagine.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:04   #5228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The Imagine Store ( Apple service center in Koramangala , Bangalore) tells me to switch off 3G . They say using wi-fi and 3G at the same time causes problems
that's a load of bollocks! except for the Fruit Maps, everything else works better on my iPhone 4 with the iOS6. must be a hardware issue.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:24   #5229
Senior - BHPian

IPhone 5 has defective camera hardware and it generates purple haze when photo is clicked in front of any light source. Lots of report in media and on internet.

Sometimes back, Tim Kook posted an apology letter in their website for maps issue and suggested to use rivals map . Now, new issue of faulty camera cropped up, apart from accepting problem as "Widespread" by Apple, there is no steps taken by Apply till now.

Guys, if you are rushing to buy an IPhone 5 beware of faulty hardware and wait for corrected lot.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/26/the...a-purple-haze/
http://mashable.com/2012/09/26/iphone-5-purple-haze/
http://www.cultofmac.com/192996/majo...ect-on-photos/

Last edited by anujmishra : 3rd October 2012 at 14:29. Reason: Added news links
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:37   #5230
BHPian

Glad i didn't jumped and bought it! Let the Indian version come in hope it doesn't have any defects. I think Apple should launch the iPhone is some market just for testing the hardwares and softwares! Almost each and every iPhone from the 1st lot has some issues.
Old 3rd October 2012, 20:25   #5231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Dunno if its the new iOS or the hardware,but there have been loads of issues on my phone now !
iMessage doesnt work most of the times . I have to reset 3G everytime i need to send an iMessage.
Apps have been crashing .

BTW this is a replcament phone . The earlier phone had heating issues and they replaced it saying there was a battery problem .
The Latest iOS/iPhone 5 has A WiFi bug which lot of people are complaining about, more details here

Quote:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Scores of iPhone 5 users hit Apple's support forums over the past week to exchange anecdotal reports on a scary bug: Their phones appeared to be sucking down cellular data even when they were connected to a Wi-Fi network, resulting in big overages as they blew through their monthly data caps.

Read full story - Source
Old 3rd October 2012, 20:35   #5232
BHPian

The Wi-Fi problem is not restricted to iPhone 5. I face problems with iPhone 4S and iPad.
Old 4th October 2012, 00:00   #5233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran
The Wi-Fi problem is not restricted to iPhone 5. I face problems with iPhone 4S and iPad.
Yup, the wifi problem was present in the iOS 5 too and same thing continues in the 6 also. Why the hell Apple doesn't test things before launching! Buying an apple device without warranty doesn't make sense at all..
Old 4th October 2012, 08:17   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD

Yup, the wifi problem was present in the iOS 5 too and same thing continues in the 6 also. Why the hell Apple doesn't test things before launching! Buying an apple device without warranty doesn't make sense at all..
Well, I did not have Wi-Fi problems in any versions of iOS 5, either iPhone or iPad. I'm facing problems with iOS 6.
Old 4th October 2012, 08:56   #5235
Team-BHP Support

Two experiences today with iPhone5 Map.

During noon I was in Javits Center, attending Interop Newyork. Just then I wanted to check the direction to the next place I was planning to attend. The iPhone5 map put me squarely in the middle of Hudson river, giving my location as Lincoln tunnel.

In the evening however, I was trying to compare the navigation of iPhone5 map with the OE nav system of Honda CRV. Since the highway was heavily clogged, we had to escape it by driving through a series of back roads. The iPhone5 navigation was very accurate and faster than the Honda Nav system. There were many places where the Honda Nav was suggesting to turn left, and iPhone5 was suggesting right. The iPhone5 was correct every time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks