Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 14:08   #6436
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Will definitely try and get it replaced. Thanks guys.
Old 16th October 2013, 17:26   #6437
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
If you can get hold of a iPhone specific screw driver then you could open up the casing (refer YouTube) before going for a repair and check if the button has any minor issues. The button might have gone inside coz of pressure applied on the button while using it IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Shankar, suggest you look at going to Nixon at National market to get it fixed. Ifixit quoted me 3200 for the same job and I got it done in half the time there at 1200.

Am at iRepair
The owner is a very straight guy and I trust him.
He has diagnosed the fault and there is a little part that needs changing because the on off click switch has gotten damaged owing to either excessive use or because I dropped it.

Cost Rs 2K + tax.
Worth it for peace of mind I think.
Getting it done now as we speak.
Will get the phone back in an hour.

The fact that iRepair are trustworthy and are very near my workplace are definitely in their favour, hence the choice of using their services!
Old 16th October 2013, 17:39   #6438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Will definitely try and get it replaced. Thanks guys.
Great.. Try your luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Am at iRepair
The owner is a very straight guy and I trust him.
He has diagnosed the fault and there is a little part that needs changing because the on off click switch has gotten damaged owing to either excessive use or because I dropped it.

Cost Rs 2K + tax.
Worth it for peace of mind I think.
Getting it done now as we speak.
Will get the phone back in an hour.

The fact that iRepair are trustworthy and are very near my workplace are definitely in their favour, hence the choice of using their services!
Cool enough. The price for the replacement too is reasonable.

All the best (Y)
Old 16th October 2013, 17:39   #6439
BHPian

Hello Team,

I have upgraded my iphone 4 to the latest IOS 7.0.2 , however I cannot restore back to the earlier version 6.x.

as per google searches it seems that Apple is not signing the IOS 6.x software anymore thus preventing client restores.

I did not like the IOS 7 interface much as it causes nausea like feeling and hence I wanted to restore back to IOS 6.x.

any ideas friends or am I stuck with IOS 7

Regards,
jimmy
Old 16th October 2013, 18:04   #6440
BHPian

Iphone 4 is now available for 18.5k (from Amazon India). Guess it is now on its last legs with Apple making the 4S as the entry level variant in the Iphone lineup.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:54   #6441
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Great.. Try your luck Cool enough. The price for the replacement too is reasonable. All the best (Y)

Done and dusted mate. Their card machine was out of order so I paid cash and got a nice little goodwill discount so I m good. Importantly my i4S is back and singing!
It is a first class phone and I am really pleased with it.
Old 16th October 2013, 19:01   #6442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I read somewhere that you get warranty on American phones in India now too. Maybe it was this thread.
It does, only if you have apple care AFAIK. and for specific models in that range.
Old 16th October 2013, 19:48   #6443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hello Team,

I have upgraded my iphone 4 to the latest IOS 7.0.2 , however I cannot restore back to the earlier version 6.x.

as per google searches it seems that Apple is not signing the IOS 6.x software anymore thus preventing client restores.

I did not like the IOS 7 interface much as it causes nausea like feeling and hence I wanted to restore back to IOS 6.x.

Regards,
jimmy
No way you can go back to iOS6 provided your iPhone was jailbroken and SHSH blob was saved using tinyumbrella. Forget it.
Old 16th October 2013, 20:05   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Done and dusted mate. Their card machine was out of order so I paid cash and got a nice little goodwill discount so I m good. Importantly my i4S is back and singing!
It is a first class phone and I am really pleased with it.
That's great

I too have a white 4S & am completely satisfied with it.
It performs all the jobs well even after almost 2 years of its life & on top of it, it still looks classy.

Quote:
Hello Team,

Regards,
jimmy
If your device is jailbroken, then there is quite a possibility that you might have a blob saved on the cydia servers.
If you have one for iOS 6, then just fetch it & downgrade back to iOS 6 using tiny-umbrella.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th October 2013 at 07:17. Reason: Posts merged. Next time just use the Report Post function to grab our attention. Thanks!
Old 17th October 2013, 09:38   #6445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Regards,
jimmy
There is no official way in which you can downgrade the iOS version to iOS6. Also, IMHO at some point in time you would realize that no support is available for apps as well as issues you face on the previous iOS.

If its just look n feel, i would suggest you get used to the new one. Its more hasslefree than trying to downgrade and then future maintenance.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:31   #6446
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If its just look n feel, i would suggest you get used to the new one.
Nausea and Motion sickness has been widely reported with the new OS all over the world as the OP says. I don't think it is something you can get used to.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:52   #6447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Nausea and Motion sickness has been widely reported with the new OS all over the world as the OP says. I don't think it is something you can get used to.
Well, i believe it was the motion effect they had introduced which led to that claim. There is a setting to turn that off, i believe.

As for the getting used to part, if we can get used to a rocking boat in some time, we can certainly get used to some slow moving objects on the screen. Well, that's just my opinion.
Old 17th October 2013, 14:36   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Well, i believe it was the motion effect they had introduced which led to that claim. There is a setting to turn that off, i believe.
Yes,
1. Open the Settings app;
2. Go to General;
3. Go to Accessibility;
4. Activate 'Reduce Motion'.

By the way, anyone opted for AppleCar Protection Plan for their iPhones bought from India. If so how much does it cost and how do I opt for one.
Old 17th October 2013, 14:53   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Spec wise how different is IP4 from IP4S. I am not talking about the on paper specs. Looking at the price IP4s is still going for 38.5k.
Old 17th October 2013, 15:06   #6450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Spec wise how different is IP4 from IP4S. I am not talking about the on paper specs. Looking at the price IP4s is still going for 38.5k.
hope this helps: http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/the-dif...and-iphone-4s/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks