Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 09:42   #8476
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Here is my question, I too got myself an iPhone 5S, got the 5, only because of the brilliant size & its design over the 6. The in-built e-mail feature of the iPhone shows all e-mails, be it notifications or spam, whereas in G-Mail, only primary mails are shown. Any work-around?
GMail actually filters the email into different categories, which is why they are bundled seperately. If you want to have the same segregation, use the GMail app, which is what i do.
Old 4th January 2016, 09:43   #8477
BHPian

Quote:
The in-built e-mail feature of the iPhone shows all e-mails, be it notifications or spam, whereas in G-Mail, only primary mails are shown. Any work-around?
If you click on Gmail in the Accounts below the Mailboxes, you will be able to navigate to your other folders or labels on Gmail and other mail servers...
Old 7th January 2016, 16:59   #8478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the price difference, the 6S makes better sense. Has better camera and have heard it is better built, plus has lots of features, I too would have to Google or some of our BHPians who are verse with Apple will point out. There is 3D touch thing as well.
Absolutely!! For the 10k price difference the main thing going for the 6S is the A9 chip which is fantastic in performance and beats almost all android flagship and the iphone 6 in the performance benchmarks. In fact it beats them by a fairly high margin. So for that kind of performance, the price difference is not much.

Best to go with 6S if you do not own an iphone at all or upgrading from 5s and below. If you already own the 6, then the incremental increase in performance etc are not going to impress you much and the 3D touch is currently in its infancy. You will not be missing much.

Quote:
Here is my question, I too got myself an iPhone 5S, got the 5, only because of the brilliant size & its design over the 6. The in-built e-mail feature of the iPhone shows all e-mails, be it notifications or spam, whereas in G-Mail, only primary mails are shown. Any work-around?
Honestly, the inbuilt email client is not very good. Best to use Gmail app for personal account and Outlook app for the work emails. (If you have an Exchange account for work that is )
Old 8th January 2016, 01:28   #8479
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

I experience moments of lightning speed on my iPhone 6 Plus where apps open and close in the blink of an eye. It seems as though the apps or windows are hidden and shown when clicked. This is not always how it works and happens to me once in a way as though my phone is on steroids. Anyone know why and how to make this consistent ?

Last edited by diyguy : 8th January 2016 at 01:30.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:31   #8480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I experience moments of lightning speed on my iPhone 6 Plus where apps open and close in the blink of an eye. It seems as though the apps or windows are hidden and shown when clicked. This is not always how it works and happens to me once in a way as though my phone is on steroids. Anyone know why and how to make this consistent ?

I think its a bug😜
It happens with my 5s too and once I go do a restart its all fine. Initially i thought its about settings (reduce motion toggle) but it wasn't.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:37   #8481
BHPian

Got an iPhone 6 through office and it didn't start off well. It came with iOS9.2. Less than 12 hours after setting it up, the network vanished and went to - Searching for signal. This happened outside in broad daylight where I was pretty sure every operator signal would be very strong. After a few attempts at restarting, i got the network signal again. I thought it was a small glitch and left it at that.
Same day, at night, i found it "searching" again. No amount of restarts helped. Help forums online suggested various solutions for this "Known problem", ranging from the reset to hard reset to dropping the phone face up from a height of 1 foot.
I didn't want to risk doing anything.

Following day, returned the phone, which was subsequently checked at the apple service center. They couldn't solve the issue as well and locked it down to a hardware issue.
I was given a new replacement phone.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:29   #8482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Following day, returned the phone, which was subsequently checked at the apple service center...I was given a new replacement phone.
Did you try with a different SIM? I have witnessed this issue during the recent chennai floods and my iphone 6 plus was not getting tower while my wifes 4s seemed to be working fine, both on airtel. Also noticed that 3G/4G seems to be weaker than 2G for voice, atleast in Chennai. So I typically sent it to 2G and when I need to use data is when I turn on LTE.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:05   #8483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did you try with a different SIM? I have witnessed this issue during the recent chennai floods and my iphone 6 plus was not getting tower while my wifes 4s seemed to be working fine, both on airtel. Also noticed that 3G/4G seems to be weaker than 2G for voice, atleast in Chennai. So I typically sent it to 2G and when I need to use data is when I turn on LTE.
Yes, of course. That was the first thing i did. First my sim on another iPhone and then another sim on this phone. That confirmed that there was something wrong with it.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:38   #8484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Yes, of course. That was the first thing i did. First my sim on another iPhone and then another sim on this phone.
Okay and the change in hardware now has sorted out this issue for you? I have applecare in the US and maybe will swap my phone on my next visit in that case.
Old 12th January 2016, 20:54   #8485
Team-BHP Support

In the iPhone 5S, when I entered other state & service was in roaming mode, my data went for a toss. I had already activated data roaming and the selected data preference was LTE by default.

While voice calls weren't a problem, data was very unstable, worked only 1-2 percent of times. Selected 3G, then it started working intermittently. Selected 2G, battery drain stopped and data was working fine. I am using AirTel. Any help?
Old 13th January 2016, 08:21   #8486
Team-BHP Support

Were you on Airtel or partner network? Have never faced such connectivity issue, though 2G is a great way to boost battery drain.

A restart after killing all apps is always a good idea, in such situations.
Old 13th January 2016, 08:26   #8487
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been quite sometime that I have got Airtel LTE on my iPhone 6. Dont remember from when exactly. I had assumed that LTE was not available. Yesterday, I noticed that a person next to be had Airtel LTE signal on his phone whereas I had only got 3G. Tried restarting but did not give any positive result.

Should I contact airtel once? I am paying for 4G/3G data.
Old 13th January 2016, 09:29   #8488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its been quite sometime that I have got Airtel LTE on my iPhone 6. Dont remember from when exactly. I had assumed that LTE was not available. Yesterday, I noticed that a person next to be had Airtel LTE signal on his phone whereas I had only got 3G. Tried restarting but did not give any positive result.

Should I contact airtel once? I am paying for 4G/3G data.
Two things

1) Make sure you have a 4G SIM.
2) Make sure LTE is enabled in "Mobile data" section in iPhone

If both above are true, try contacting customer care and see if 4G is enabled on network side.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 13th January 2016 at 09:45.
Old 13th January 2016, 20:59   #8489
BHPian

Friends,

Acquired 5S recently.

I have forgotten the No. of times I have lost a message, partially written.

Is there a way I can save drafts while writing messages.

I am on IOS 9.2.

Thanks.
Old 14th January 2016, 09:10   #8490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Friends,

Acquired 5S recently.

I have forgotten the No. of times I have lost a message, partially written.

Is there a way I can save drafts while writing messages.

I am on IOS 9.2.

Thanks.
I am on 9.2, iphone 6s.
I just tried writing a sms to one contact, then left it half way and wrote another sms to other contact leaving it half written.
came out of sms app.
again visited sms app and checked these half left sms for both contacts and they were there only. i could continue writing from where i left.

hope i explained and not misunderstood your requirement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks