Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2018, 17:29   #11581
BHPian

My wife's iPhones 7 is at 83% in about 18 months of usage. Is a replacement recommended?
Old 12th December 2018, 17:48   #11582
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
My wife's iPhones 7 is at 83% in about 18 months of usage.

At 83%, a change would be a good option to consider.
Old 13th December 2018, 09:39   #11583

I visited the Imagine Store in Gopalan Mall to get the battery replaced for my Iphone 6s. My phone's Battery health was at 81%. They quickly ran a diagnostic test and suggested that i go for a replacement. I paid 2K for the battery and it will take 5-6 business days for the battery to arrive. I will get a call once the battery arrives and will take about an hour to get it replaced.

The Service center guy told me that after 31st Dec the same battery replacement will cost me between 7-8K plus 1.5K service charges. So anyone having old Iphones make use of this offer.
Old 14th December 2018, 12:54   #11584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
The Service center guy told me that after 31st Dec the same battery replacement will cost me between 7-8K plus 1.5K service charges. So anyone having old Iphones make use of this offer.

This doesn't sound right,as pricing is governed by Apple Inc. Related article for post December prices.

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...614-2018-12-06
Old 14th December 2018, 14:20   #11585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
My 6+ battery health was at 89% and the service guys suggested to change it since the original cost of the battery is 6K.
Visited the Planet care store @ Jayanagar. Found some interesting things and sharing

1. If the battery cycle count is more than 600 then it is advised to change the battery. Frequently crashing apps also contributes to faster draining. Deleted a few of them right away.

2. Mine was 300 however since the discharge rate was really fast, I opted to get a new one. Paid 2K and will have to wait for 10 days for the battery to arrive. The whole activity took only 30 mins.

3. Once the battery arrives, it may take 3 to 4 hours as there is a huge demand and the program closes on 31st Dec.

Finally the original cost of iphone7 battery is 9K Hence decided to change it now.
Old 14th December 2018, 16:28   #11586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Visited the Planet care store @ Jayanagar. Found some interesting things and sharing
3. Once the battery arrives, it may take 3 to 4 hours as there is a huge demand and the program closes on 31st Dec..

Did you have to part with the phone as well or just order and go for swap later? My 6s battery health is at 88% and I'm tempted to swap now, as my upgrade to XS is delayed by few months.
Old 14th December 2018, 17:09   #11587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Did you have to part with the phone as well or just order and go for swap later? My 6s battery health is at 88% and I'm tempted to swap now, as my upgrade to XS is delayed by few months.
No need to part ways with your phone now. You just order the battery and pay 2K. Comeback with your phone once the battery comes and they will replace it.
Old 15th December 2018, 15:44   #11588

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
This doesn't sound right,as pricing is governed by Apple Inc. Related article for post December prices.

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...614-2018-12-06
The article is simply converting the US$ price for the battery to Rupees. But the actual value will be more in India as we see with any other Apple product.
Old 16th December 2018, 19:33   #11589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Question : Have anybody with eSIM enabled iPhone XS has enabled Watch Series 3/4 LTE eSIM?

-Pramod

I got iPhone XR from US (through a friend) and at last yesterday activated my eSim. The total process took about 10 days. I had 2 sims, one from IDEA and the other from BSNL. As neither supports eSIM (as of now only Jio and Airtel supports eSIM). The first process was to port my IDEA to Jio which took 5 days (weekends included). The second process was to physically go to Jio store for which I had to wait till weekend and yesterday successfully activated/ported to eSIM from physical sim.
After 24 hours of usage, I can say that it works perfectly with BSNL Physical SIM and Jio eSIM together.
Old 16th December 2018, 20:24   #11590
BHPian

Guys, is Apple going to release a proper budget phone in the near future? When I mean budget, I mean a real budget phone, not the 75000 bucks iphone R. Wonder whose budget did Apple have in mind when they called the iphone R its budget offering? I currently have an Iphone SE. brought it for 32000 bucks. Love it to death. I want to ideally buy another 30000 bucks replacement for the iphone SE. Is that going to happen?
Old 16th December 2018, 22:46   #11591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
Guys, is Apple going to release a proper budget phone in the near future? When I mean budget, I mean a real budget phone, not the 75000 bucks iphone R. Wonder whose budget did Apple have in mind when they called the iphone R its budget offering? I currently have an Iphone SE. brought it for 32000 bucks. Love it to death. I want to ideally buy another 30000 bucks replacement for the iphone SE. Is that going to happen?
While I have no clue if Apple will ever come up with a phone under that budget (highly doubt they will) But I do think that an upcoming SE is not happening. The iPhone SE was was created to utilize the existing manufacturing lines of the iPhone 5 and 5s during the 6 transition. It was a win-win: they could produce a modern phone at a much lower cost, without going through a full hardware and manufacturing design process.
The SE going away indicates that they've finished using those manufacturing lines, and to bring it back would require them to either reintroduce a hardware form factor from 2010, or design a smaller phone from scratch. Both at this point seem very unlikely.
Even if they designed a new form factor, it's not exactly easy to fit all the modern technology into a body with 30% less internal space. There's a reason iPhones have been getting bigger and thicker each year since the 6s - they need the internal space to fit this new tech. So, a new SE would likely have outdated hardware, be riddled with compromises like poor battery life, and be very expensive to produce. Not exactly a win for anyone.
Old 16th December 2018, 23:03   #11592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
I think the closest that can come to your need would be to buy a 6S or 7 for similar prices. I sort of upgraded my 6S to 8 plus after 2.5 years of using the former. I did not consider buying the flagship phones since I was not interested in investing 70k or so for them. When I brought the 6S it costed me around 55k and that was the max I would want to invest on a phone. Ended up getting the 8 plus from the USA for 52k through a friend who carried it down. I am more than happy with what the phone is offering in addition to what my 6S offered, except for the bigger size, which was a total let down for me. I went in for the plus due to the larger battery as well as the dual camera setup.

Perhaps, Apple will now just keep the older versions running as their budget line up rather than introducing new budget phones. This will at least give you decent features instead of a budget phone like the SE which had some stuff missing like 3D Touch and so.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:05   #11593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
The article is simply converting the US$ price for the battery to Rupees. But the actual value will be more in India as we see with any other Apple product.
Well I am really surprised. If the battery without discount costs even 5K, how come the outlet mentioned 9K? Who is regulating this, looks like there is a gap and someone is making some quick buck!
Old 17th December 2018, 10:57   #11594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
I got iPhone XR from US (through a friend) and at last yesterday activated my eSim. The total process took about 10 days. I had 2 sims, one from IDEA and the other from BSNL. As neither supports eSIM (as of now only Jio and Airtel supports eSIM). The first process was to port my IDEA to Jio which took 5 days (weekends included). The second process was to physically go to Jio store for which I had to wait till weekend and yesterday successfully activated/ported to eSIM from physical sim.
After 24 hours of usage, I can say that it works perfectly with BSNL Physical SIM and Jio eSIM together.
How do you use Whatsapp on both numbers?
Old 17th December 2018, 10:57   #11595
BHPian

My iPhone X, barely 2 months old now, shows the battery health @ 99%

Is this normal? Anyone else has got the same reading?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks