Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 18:30   #12406
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Thank you so much. I immediately ordered one for my iphone X paying a promotion price of 699. A steal, if it is the real deal (genuine?). Belkin has stepped up to replace their faulty screen guard, but I'll keep that aside for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
(Spigen, 2 Pack, iPhone 11 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protector)
Old 11th November 2019, 22:49   #12407
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need help. Got an iPhone X and a series 1 apple watch. How do I sync them. If I delete messages on either my phone or watch, they don't get deleted on the other device. They are connected via bluetooth. Am I missing something in the settings of either phone or watch. Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:46   #12408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Guys, I need help. Got an iPhone X and a series 1 apple watch. How do I sync them. If I delete messages on either my phone or watch, they don't get deleted on the other device. They are connected via bluetooth. Am I missing something in the settings of either phone or watch. Thanks
Unfortunately, a sync in deletion of message doesn’t exist between an iPhone & an Apple Watch.
I too, was very disheartened to discover this fact a couple of weeks ago when I deleted the messages from my phone & they still existed on my watch.
Plus, it’s a real pain in the butt to individually delete every message from the watch.
Old 12th November 2019, 19:54   #12409
Distinguished - BHPian

iPhone SE. iOS 11 (not upgraded).

I sometimes get this keyboard on the screen. It comes up a couple of seconds after the screen is re-enabled, and interferes with the app that I open. How do I disable it ?

The iPhone Thread-img_20191112_194733.jpg

Has started recently. Went away for a while. Back today
Old 12th November 2019, 20:13   #12410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I sometimes get this keyboard on the screen. It comes up a couple of seconds after the screen is re-enabled, and interferes with the app that I open. How do I disable it?
Hello,
This is not a bug in the software as such but a problem which is exclusive to the iOS software installed on your phone. This may have been caused due to a third party app which has gone rogue and caused an error in the keyboard software. To fix this I suggest you to update to iOS 13 (supported by iPhone SE) and if you want to continue to use iOS 11, you may back up your data and perform a clean install of the OS. Also just curious, why are you still with iOS 11? The software updates are definite improvements over the previous versions.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th November 2019 at 20:24. Reason: Image removed from quote. Quote trimmed.
Old 12th November 2019, 20:34   #12411
Distinguished - BHPian

I got an Iphone XR a month back. In my previous 6S, while talking the screen used to be off and when i used to remove the phone from my ear the screen used to get on. This used to work perfectly. But in my XR, half of the time the screen do not get on, i have to press the right hand side button to manually get it on.
I use a Spigen back-cover and a screen guard, by any chance, are these affecting the proximity sensor?
Old 12th November 2019, 20:47   #12412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I got an Iphone XR a month back. In my previous 6S, while talking the screen used to be off and when i used to remove the phone from my ear the screen used to get on. This used to work perfectly. But in my XR, half of the time the screen do not get on, i have to press the right hand side button to manually get it on.
I use a Spigen back-cover and a screen guard, by any chance, are these affecting the proximity sensor?
Yes, the screen protector is indeed the culprit here. As the advanced TrueDepth system of the iPhone XR is fooled by the protector which retains grease and makes it seem as if your face is touching it due to the array of sensors placed there. This problem did not occur on the 6s either due to the placement of the infrared sensor which is further down, or you may not have used a screen protector with it. Remove the screen protector and this issue is guaranteed to be solved, however you can still use the spigen case, no issues. The quality of the screen protector also matters here, as this issue may not occur on all brands.
Old 12th November 2019, 23:00   #12413
BHPian

Quote:
Same thing with my XR. I too have installed a tempered glass. For now, I am living with it, don't want to remove the screen protection and risk it.
Old 13th November 2019, 01:05   #12414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Unfortunately, a sync in deletion of message doesn’t exist between an iPhone & an Apple Watch.
I too, was very disheartened to discover this fact a couple of weeks ago when I deleted the messages from my phone & they still existed on my watch.
Plus, it’s a real pain in the butt to individually delete every message from the watch.
I noticed that you cannot delete multiple messages on the watch at once. Am just wondering whether it would be possible to delete all the messages at once. Perhaps that would help since I have the messages on my phone.

Am just curious what apps sync in such a way that stuff typed/saved/deleted on one device update on the other device.
Old 13th November 2019, 07:13   #12415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Same thing with my XR. I too have installed a tempered glass. For now, I am living with it, don't want to remove the screen protection and risk it.
I have been using an iPhone X without a tempered glass for a year now. As long as you are using a case like spigen tough armour or rugged armour the phone will survive every drop with or without a screen protector. You will start to notice micro scratches after a while but it does not matter, as for the sake of 3D Touch, True Tone display and the proximity sensor it is better to remove the screen protector.
Old 13th November 2019, 09:28   #12416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
It's the same behavior with iMessage between Mac and iPhone as well. Every device using the same iCloud ID will have Messages appear at each device and you'll need to delete individually.

I think there's an option now; when you enable messages in iCloud, deleting on one device does it on every device.
Old 13th November 2019, 14:47   #12417
BHPian

Quote:
I got an Iphone XR a month back.

This is strange. I just checked on my father's XR, which has the 5D tempered Glass(https://images.app.goo.gl/mcvLE1deNT9v3cov5 ), purchased from a roadside stall for Rs 100 and it works perfectly every time. I tried making around 5-6 phone calls ( phone to ear then move away to try to put on speaker and put back to ear) and it worked as expected.
My iP10 also has the same Tempered glass and no issues with that too.
Try without the screen protector, if it works, that was the culprit, else run to the service centre.
The back cover will not interfere with the Proximity Sensor.
Old 13th November 2019, 15:36   #12418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Went to collect the phone today. But now they say that my phone would need to be shipped to Bangalore for the repair! This is for the front mic issue. This will take around a week as per them. The phone is still under warranty.
So I got my phone back from service today. And I must say that I am mighty impressed by the quality of Apple service. The phone was transported to Bangalore, it was repaired and received back in Ranchi in 5 days flat with properly documented details of service carried. Came back in a sealed box inside a sealed envelope, wrapped in factory style plastic. Feels as good as new.

The entire display was changed for the front microphone issue. Apparently the complete assembly including the speakers, mic, front cam was changed. The phone is back in action and currently I am updating to 13.2.2 hoping to get a better battery life than 13.2
Old 13th November 2019, 15:59   #12419
BHPian

I recently updated my Iphone 7 to 13.2.2. Though the bugs like closing the app in the background is fixed, it started consuming more battery. Even the idle state is consuming battery. Someone here facing the same problem ?

Every new release of IOS seems to come with bugs that were fixed in the earlier release. Are they doing regression tests? Ha, my software mind speaking
Old 13th November 2019, 16:04   #12420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I recently updated my Iphone 7 to 13.2.2. Though

Jumping from 12 to 13 or 13.2 to 13.2.2? What all is backed to icloud? Maybe photos and other voluminous things are getting synced in the background. Try shutting it down completely, count till 10 and restart.
No drain noticed on the sole iP7 ( on 13.2.2) in the household.

Most Viewed