Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2020, 10:44   #12646
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshift99 View Post

I simply packed the phone back and got back to the 6s, phew what a relief. surprising how a 2015 flagship still so far ahead of a 2018-19 mid-class phone. Now the question is how long will the 6s survive? looking forward to get a 7 plus as that fits my budget right but going by the trend at which apple stops its software support (ex: iphone 4s and 5, iphone 5s and 6) is it worth buying the 7 plus or should i wait longer?
You need to get a better Android phone to truly appreciate and experience the android ecosystem, both software and hardware.

You picked up a wrong phone to jump ship or even experience it. These redmis and the likes will just not cut it. They are below average at best.

Get yourself something like a OP 7T. A tremendous package of fluidity ( that ios users are used to), form and function. Not to mention budget friendly compared to what Apple charges.

I use both an Apple ( 11 pro max) and an Android (s9+) so I am aware of how both ecosystems function.

Last edited by bigron : 11th April 2020 at 10:46.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 23:57   #12647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
You need to get a better Android phone to truly appreciate and experience the android ecosystem, both software and hardware.

You picked up a wrong phone to jump ship or even experience it. These redmis and the likes will just not cut it. They are below average at best.

Get yourself something like a OP 7T. A tremendous package of fluidity ( that ios users are used to), form and function. Not to mention budget friendly compared to what Apple charges.

I use both an Apple ( 11 pro max) and an Android (s9+) so I am aware of how both ecosystems function.
So when i got the 6s in 2015 my mom had bought the oneplus 2 alongside, that phone became totally unusable by last year and she then got the redmi note 5 (this was because my parents had the idea that technology is getting cheaper and phones are becoming more capable each year). My brother got the oneplus 6 and the oneplus 7 but the way oneplus brings out a new phone every 6 months is really irritating, the phone starts to loose its charm.The oneplus 8 is about to be launched and the oneplus 6 feels like an age old device . Anyhow we are now sticking to apple only, I am considering to go with the flagship 11 pro or wait for the next one looking at how well iphones age and last.
Slickshift99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 07:33   #12648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So when i got the 6s in 2015 my mom had bought the oneplus 2 alongside, that phone became totally unusable by last year and she then got the redmi note 5 (this was because my parents had the idea that technology is getting cheaper and phones are becoming more capable each year). My brother got the oneplus 6 and the oneplus 7 but the way oneplus brings out a new phone every 6 months is really irritating, the phone starts to loose its charm.The oneplus 8 is about to be launched and the oneplus 6 feels like an age old device . Anyhow we are now sticking to apple only, I am considering to go with the flagship 11 pro or wait for the next one looking at how well iphones age and last.
Get whatever that rocks your boat.

On loosing charm, my 11 pro max lost its charm within 1 day of me using it. It was just like the X I was using earlier only bigger. Pretty disappointing actually.

Also, a OP starting from the 6 onwards or a Samsung from 9 series onwards will easily last 3 years. ( A new iteration from OP every 6 months is hardly an irritant but okay).

Again, get what works for you.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 16:17   #12649
Senior - BHPian

I have used the following phones over time, always sold off/exchanged my older phones so never had more than one phone at any time.

Android: Samsung S7 Edge, One Plus (don’t remember which one ), Samsung Note 8 and Samsung Note 10 Plus.

Apple: 6, 6s, 7, 11 Pro Max and now 11.

The reason for changing phones was normally always boredom, never had a problem with most phones as such which warranted a change except the Pro Max due to PWM issues. Just couldn’t bear to look at the screen.

After using both platforms extensively I feel any Android whether it has 6/8/12 gb ram/any processor and flagship devices also just cannot match the super smoothness/fluidity of any Apple device. Apple devices flow like water thru any task. They are absolutely worth the premium that we pay. I understand the software and hardware integration vs the Android world etc etc.

Just sharing my thoughts in this lockdown period since we have so much to do

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 18:04   #12650
BHPian

Hello Folks,

The phone is a month old and I have a weird problem with my 11 Pro Max.

In the apple music I can't listen to songs with explicit content though my settings for content restriction is set for explicit. I have toggled this settling multiple times and yet it doesn't work.

The same when I try on a 7plus or an XR works absolutely fine with access to all content in apple music.

I've tried the apple forums and other sources for this issue I can't find any solution.

Any idea what the workaround for this is ?
Old 13th April 2020, 18:30   #12651
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
In the apple music I can't listen to songs with explicit content though my settings for content restriction is set for explicit. I have toggled this settling multiple times and yet it doesn't work.
Have you tried logging out and in from your iCloud account on the phone? Just try that and see if it fixes the issue.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:04   #12652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you tried logging out and in from your iCloud account on the phone? Just try that and see if it fixes the issue.
Thank you, I tried that just now, It didn't fix the issue.
Old 13th April 2020, 20:57   #12653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks,

The phone is a month old and I have a weird problem with my 11 Pro Max.

Any idea what the workaround for this is ?
Try these:

Open iTunes Store > Select Films > pop-out а notification about permission to show an explicit content > agree > It should work.

or/and

Go to iTunes Store, search for an explicit song that you were trying to listen and try buying it. The pop up permission will appear. It should play in Apple music now.

Last edited by bigron : 13th April 2020 at 20:58.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 21:03   #12654
BHPian

Quote:
Go to iTunes store. Click to buy any explicit song but cancel it before payment.

Then enable explicit songs. and try to login and logout of apple music. see if this works.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 16:28   #12655
BHPian

My 6 months old iphone's charger suddenly stopped working. The cable is fine, it the adapter which gave away. is the charger covered under warranty?

because of lock down I cannot purchase a new charger, I'm left with the only option of using other phone's adapter ( Androids) at home.
Old 14th April 2020, 17:08   #12656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
My 6 months old iphone's charger suddenly stopped working. The cable is fine, it the adapter which gave away. is the charger covered under warranty?

because of lock down I cannot purchase a new charger, I'm left with the only option of using other phone's adapter ( Androids) at home.
yes, all accessories bundled with iphone are covered under warranty. you may get it replaced after the lockdown untill then you might wanna use a charger with similar output. My earphones gave up in a few months but i got them replaced hassle free in a 2 days period.
Slickshift99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 17:52   #12657
BHPian

Quote:

Where exactly is this setting to toggle explicit and non explicit lyrics? Screen time > Content restriction?
Old 14th April 2020, 19:07   #12658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, all accessories bundled with iphone are covered under warranty. you may get it replaced after the lockdown untill then you might wanna use a charger with similar output. My earphones gave up in a few months but i got them replaced hassle free in a 2 days period.

I could be wrong but IIRC the accessories are covered only for 6 months.
Old 14th April 2020, 19:54   #12659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I could be wrong but IIRC the accessories are covered only for 6 months.
We have the peace of mind on the bundled accessories for 1 year too, i am attaching the link to apple warranty disclaimer- https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty...y-english.html
Old 15th April 2020, 19:41   #12660
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Any idea if Instant messaging apps have the same privilege as the default mail client on iPhones?

BBMe and WhatsApp run in the background despite background activity being turned off, low data mode on and low battery mode on and airplane mode on.

I have also disabled access to contacts thus disabling status updates and luckily not part of groups too.

WhatsApp hogs battery with background activity. Am on the latest iOS with 90% battery health left and only this app shows above average background activity. I may sound OCD but it does bother me that I prefer to check messages on my own will and not instantly, but alas this background activity does its own thing.

Last edited by Ford5 : 15th April 2020 at 19:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks