Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 07:20   #14551
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Turbo View Post
Also is there any free call recorder available for iPhone?
Free or paid, if there are any, please let me know too.
Old 8th March 2022, 19:43   #14552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
About the Apple event on Mar 8. Sure, can wait a couple of more days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Why not iphone 12?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Get the 6.1” iPhone 12 for both your parents
IP12 128GB models are mostly coming down to about 60k each on Amazon. Will think about it.

The Apple store is anyway down now in preparation for the event later in the day. Lets see if there are any pleasant surprises.
Old 9th March 2022, 10:34   #14553
Senior - BHPian

3rd gen iPhone SE will start at Rs 43900. With this pricing the SE has lost its VFM tag in my opinion.
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 10:50   #14554

Quote:
IP12 128GB models are mostly coming down to about 60k each on Amazon. Will think about it.

The Apple store is anyway down now in preparation for the event later in the day. Lets see if there are any pleasant surprises.
There is an upcoming sale in Flipkart on 12th March, if suggest you wait till then. In the past Flipkart had some good deals on iPhones especially the iPhone 12 series and iPhone SE
germin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 10:52   #14555
Team-BHP Support

The epic reveal/announcement was iPhone 13/13 Pro in green! Other new products (new iPhone SE, Mac Studio, Studio display etc.) all where there, but this just stole the show

Nice music though!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 11:00   #14556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The epic reveal/announcement was iPhone 13/13 Pro in green! Other new products (new iPhone SE, Mac Studio, Studio display etc.) all where there, but this just stole the show
Looks like Green is the New Black. Of late, everybody seems to be jumping on to this bandwagon

It was the Tata with the Green/Cameo lineup
Then it was the Jeep with the wonderful metallic green shade
And now Apple
I am sure I am missing out on a lot of others too. But when I did search for watch straps, wallets, bags - suddenly there seems to be an explosion of green everywhere !!!
Old 9th March 2022, 12:35   #14557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Looks like Green is the New Black. Of late, everybody seems to be jumping on to this bandwagon
Not a new shade for iPhone though. My 11 Pro was in green, and with the 12 they favored the blue color, and with the 13 the standout color was the sierra blue.
Old 10th March 2022, 00:24   #14558
BHPian

Hi all, I am planning to upgrade from my iPhone XR 128 GB to iPhone 13 pro max and I will be getting it from US. My dilemma is whether I should get 512 GB or 256 GB version. The price difference between the two is around 15k and my current phone’s storage is 120 GB occupied out of the 128 GB available. I use my phone mainly for entertainment consumption, browsing and clicking photos and videos.
Old 10th March 2022, 00:51   #14559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
My dilemma is whether I should get 512 GB or 256 GB version. The price difference between the two is around 15k and my current phone’s storage is 120 GB occupied out of the 128 GB available.
Since you still have the XR means you keep your phones for a long time. I would suggest getting the 512 GB to future proof your phone without having to bother about transferring data. The fifteen thousand difference distributed over the years would mount to nothing at all and you will be getting double the storage for that price.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 10:55   #14560
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, I am planning to upgrade from my iPhone XR 128 GB to iPhone 13 pro max and I will be getting it from US. My dilemma is whether I should get 512 GB or 256 GB version. The price difference between the two is around 15k and my current phone’s storage is 120 GB occupied out of the 128 GB available. I use my phone mainly for entertainment consumption, browsing and clicking photos and videos.

If you can wait till September, then wait for the iPhone 14 series which is rumoured to ditch the notch design this time and would also be witnessing a design change. I am in the same boat as your’s, been using a XR since 2.5 yrs and was almost about to buy the 13 Pro from US. But then decided to wait out for a few more months and then take a call. If you keep your phone for 2-3 years timeframe, its better to go with the 14 series.
speedfreak01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 22:53   #14561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
If you can wait till September, then wait for the iPhone 14 series which is rumoured to ditch the notch design this time and would also be witnessing a design change. I am in the same boat as your’s, been using a XR since 2.5 yrs and was almost about to buy the 13 Pro from US. But then decided to wait out for a few more months and then take a call. If you keep your phone for 2-3 years timeframe, its better to go with the 14 series.
Ideally, I would like to wait for iPhone 14 but I am not sure whether I will be able to get that model from the US and would long like to spend so much for the model in India. By the way any YouTube leak videos you came across mentioning that they will do away with the notch?
Old 10th March 2022, 23:06   #14562
BHPian

Quote:
Don’t get a phone that’s already past half it’s lifecycle (6 months). Get the 14 pro max, I’d say 1TB considering you keep your phones long as higher camera resolutions and lossless formats mean very rapid storage consumption. In addition, having enough storage means not having to rely on iCloud and having to load all your media before opening.

Always remember the common rule when selecting the correct storage option, ‘think of what you’ll need, then double it.’ Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 08:59   #14563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Contrary to the popular opinion, I would suggest going with the 13 Pro Max 256 GB model; should be more than sufficient for your requirements. My current 128GB 12 Mini is quite packed with the usual apps and have around 6500 photos/videos (from last 2 years). And I have around 10GB left.

And regarding the wait for 14 – unless you get the device immediately on launch, the new iPhone is always a few months away
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 15:14   #14564
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this article. iPhone 12 seems to be the highest selling phone across the world in 2021. Am sure even in Flipkart BBD sale that would have been the case. I picked this up for a steal deal in that sale and as per the delivery guy only in my apartment there were atleast 25-30 more deliveries of the same model

The iPhone Thread-iphone-sales.jpg

Source

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th March 2022 at 15:16.
SoumenD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 23:05   #14565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I need to upgrade my parent’s phones this year. The one my father is using has developed a battery bulge which needs to be replaced urgently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I would recommend iPhone 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
I would suggest to wait till then, We might get to see the new iPhone SE with A15 chip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Hi,
A) get your father an iPhone 11 or 12 and for your mother, get her the iPhone SE (3rd gen) which is rumoured to be released on 8th march.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Why not iphone 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Get the 6.1” iPhone 12 for both your parents, way superior to the 11 and XR as it has a faster chip (A14) and OLED display vs the LCD found in the other two, also has a much slimmer chassis at 7.4mm. Cheers.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by germin View Post
There is an upcoming sale in Flipkart on 12th March, if suggest you wait till then. In the past Flipkart had some good deals on iPhones especially the iPhone 12 series and iPhone SE
Thanks for all your inputs.

IP12 Blue 128GB it is for my dad. He keeps his phones till they fall apart (quite literally), so got the 128GB version. Picked one up earlier this evening from Reliance at 60,1xx including about 5k cashback on ICICI card.

The difference between the screens of 11 and 12 is quite noticeable side by side. Plus, IP12 isn’t priced too far away from 11, so why not!
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed