Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 12:18   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

mithun... Some of my previous comments on the thread relate to Samsung split units too.

anupmathur, thanks for correcting me
Old 6th July 2009, 12:20   #587
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a Samsung Bio Sleep Plus .8 ton for my bedroom. Its a 3 star rated A/c. Booked the A/c on Wednesday evening, the A/c was delivered on Friday morning and the installation was completed by Friday afternoon.

The A/c is set at 26 degrees with the smart saver mode, with the ceiling fan the entire night is comfortably cool. The room size is about 120 sf. ft. If I had asked the show room guys they would have suggested me a 1.0 ton at the least with possibly a 1.5 ton A/c. Though I experimented with the Bio Sleep Plus mode, am more comfortable with Smart Saver.

The entire thing costed me 17K including installation and stabiliser etc.

The best thing is when I had checked the current consumption with a stop watch.
A/c - 1 unit for every 30 minutes of running.
My old Air cooler - 1 unit for every 50 minutes of running. (My air cooler used to run 12 hours through the night)

So with some judicious use I could keep my electricity bill under control.

What I have realised is it that its better to have a lower capacity A/c rather than buying a higher capacity and incurring higher running expenses and wasting resources.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:12   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Guite, leave that pipe as it is.

There is no pipe that carries 'coolth' into the room. The thinner pipe of the two carries liquid refrigerant to the expansion valve/evaporator coil and the change in phase (from liquid to gas) produces the cooling in the indoor unit.
Thanks Anup for the reply and explanation.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:32   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I purchased a 1.5 ton Samsung Split AC AS18EXA from Hari Om Electronics, Ashok Vihar-II, Delhi-110052 on 5th June' 09. The AC was fitted by one of the employees sent by the company.

Unfortunately, from day 1, this AC has not been working properly at all. The cooling has been well below satisfactory level. I have even tried setting the AC to turbo mode / 16 degree celcius auto mode etc, but without any results.

So, I registered my complaint at Samsung's helpdesk number. Their representative visited my place next day to inspect the AC. He said that their is no Gas in the unit, and he will be come again next day to rectify this issue. As promised, he came next day and refilled the Gas. I wasn't at home (he refilled it in presence of my mother), so couldn't check the AC's performance at that time.

I tried & tested the AC for few days, and to my utter dismay, there was still no improvement. Cooling is still below par. Even if I run the AC in turbo mode or at 16 degree Celsius temperature, it fails to cool the room.

So yes'day, I lodged a complaint at their helpdesk number 30308282 again. Today, their representative came to inspect the AC unit installed at my home. And, he again gave the same gyan that there is no gas in the AC. He said that he will be coming again tomorrow to fill the gas, which will solve the cooling issue.

This is the first time I got a samsung product at my home, and I'm very, very displeased with its performance.

I have two more AC units installed at my home - (not from Samsung), and they have been performing very well. I had no issues with them at all.

Even after spending close to 35 grands on a Samsung product, I'm getting no respite from the sultry heat of Delhi. There's is no use, if they can't provide a product that can meet customer's satisfaction. I feel like being cheated.

I have posted this here because I wanted to share my experience with fellow bhpians - so that they take an informed decision while buying samsung ACs.

Secondly, I wanted to know, what action can I take? I have also tried emailing on the support.india@samsung.com email address, but I have got nothing from there apart from a usual computer-generated reply.

Does anybody has email addresses of their senior employees / upper management?

Thanks,
woof
Around 5 months back, I had a problem with my Samsung Series 4 LCD(Which was a new model then). The TV started displaying bad picture 3 months into buying it. Samsung Serviceman came and he agreed that the TV had a problem. He got it send to the service center. For a month they started giving different reasons for not being able to return my TV.Towards the end of the month, the guy hinted that they were waiting on a part that is not in the country now and they had really no clue on when it will be available.

I searched and found the Samsung India Corporate office , called them, ask for the CEO (I addressed him by name- an asian chap). They transferred me to his secretary. She wanted to know the reason why I wanted to speak with the CEO. I was nice, and explained that I was dissatisfied with the experience I had with Samsung support, and being a wellwisher for Samsung, wanted to give the feedback directly to CEO. She said she could help me and I explained my problem (Nicely and politely). She collected my number. In 2 hours, Samsung area manager for Kochi called me. The next day (which happened to be a holiday), he got one of the retailers to open the shop just to get a TV for me, came with a team of people, got it installed at my home and personally apologized for the experience...

Prior to contacting the CEO, I had called up the supervisor of phone support, and had threatened to go to service station, pick up the TV, hang it from a tree in front of my home with a large label 'Most expensive paperweight available in India', take pictures and send it to all media people I know. I think my move to call up the corporate office helped me get the TV and save a lot of trouble for me and them.

Maybe you might want to try the same :-)
Old 7th July 2009, 13:34   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Around 5 months back, I had a problem with my Samsung Series 4 LCD(Which was a new model then). The TV started displaying bad picture 3 months into buying it. Samsung Serviceman came and he agreed that the TV had a problem. He got it send to the service center. For a month they started giving different reasons for not being able to return my TV.Towards the end of the month, the guy hinted that they were waiting on a part that is not in the country now and they had really no clue on when it will be available.

I searched and found the Samsung India Corporate office , called them, ask for the CEO (I addressed him by name- an asian chap). They transferred me to his secretary. She wanted to know the reason why I wanted to speak with the CEO. I was nice, and explained that I was dissatisfied with the experience I had with Samsung support, and being a wellwisher for Samsung, wanted to give the feedback directly to CEO. She said she could help me and I explained my problem (Nicely and politely). She collected my number. In 2 hours, Samsung area manager for Kochi called me. The next day (which happened to be a holiday), he got one of the retailers to open the shop just to get a TV for me, came with a team of people, got it installed at my home and personally apologized for the experience...

Prior to contacting the CEO, I had called up the supervisor of phone support, and had threatened to go to service station, pick up the TV, hang it from a tree in front of my home with a large label 'Most expensive paperweight available in India', take pictures and send it to all media people I know. I think my move to call up the corporate office helped me get the TV and save a lot of trouble for me and them.

Maybe you might want to try the same :-)
That's a nice idea. Do you have the contact details of their corporate office?
Old 8th July 2009, 11:46   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
That's a nice idea. Do you have the contact details of their corporate office?
Check your PM for the details I got.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:31   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Check your PM for the details I got.
Thanks a ton devakj!

Taking inspiration from you, I googled around, and managed to get hold of email id of Samsung India's Deputy MD. Shooted a polite mail across to him last night. And, just an hour back, I got a call from a very senior manager from their customer care department, and he said he will be personally taking care of this issue, and will be sending somebody at my place in couple of hours.

Meanwhile, I asked a local AC mechanic to inspect my AC. He said that cooling is there... but its not upto the mark. Secondly, he said that being a 5 star rated AC, this unit should draw less power, but actually, it was consuming more energy than specified on Samsung's sticker on the AC.

Anyways, lets wait & watch.
Old 8th July 2009, 14:54   #593
BANNED

@woof: just proves the point once again. The higher you go the more decent and responsive they become.
Old 9th July 2009, 10:46   #594
BANNED

One of my frinds bought a 0.75 ton split Samsung AC which is only having a 1 star BIS rating.

How much more will be the power consumption when compared to a 4 star BIS rating ?
Old 9th July 2009, 10:58   #595
Senior - BHPian

I am very particular about energy saving AC models hence procrastinating my purchase.

Are there any 5-Star rated window AC's in 1 ton category in the market?
Old 9th July 2009, 11:26   #596
BANNED

Maybe LG or Voltas, though I doubt it. Also, make sure they are with the ratings as updated this year. The ratings go up further next year.
Old 9th July 2009, 11:56   #597
BHPian

I dont think there are any 5 star rates windows a/c, though I dont know why.

5 stars are available only in Split units
Old 10th July 2009, 22:32   #598
naj
BHPian

Only split AC's have 5 star rating. The max rating window AC's have are 2.
Each star saves you about Rs 300 in electricity bills if used 24 x 7 for a month.
I have purchased a Haier 1 ton Split with 2 stars last week. It cost me 15k.
Me, with a friend of mine have done the installation ourselves ,complete with fitting the indoor unit ,then fitting the condenser unit and connecting the pipelines .It was fun.

naj
Old 10th July 2009, 22:34   #599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
The max rating window AC's have are 2.
correction. its 3 stars
Old 12th July 2009, 00:16   #600
BHPian

O General

Well, after moving to scorching heat of NCR from Bangalore rains, it did not take me long to decide what to do - buy ACs of course

Got 2 O General window ACs (1.5 T each) installed at my place earlier today. The buying/installation experience was a breeze.. Units delivered at home in less than 3 hours from making the purchase, and in another 1.5 hours, they were up and running..

Would comment on the performace/cooling once I am able to make a fair assessment (read get sufficiently cooled ;-))

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks