Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 10:02   #1171
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
What is the old ac rating? If it is 1.5 ton you can get 4000 for it in Delhi, working or not working. I can provide you numbers of the guys who would buy but then they have not seen your ac and am not sure about the expenses related to logistics and Noida Delhi border issues. Try and contact the local scrap guy you will get better amount or press the dealer for more.

Old transformer return price is in line . Just yesterday, I sold an old 4Kva Electrom for 500/ and picked up a 2 step, non timer delay, 4 kva, 180~270V Logicstat transformer for 2150/- cash but with warranty.
Thanks Khoj, My old AC is 1.5 ton, Kirolskar compressor assembeled unit, working excellently for last 12 years, has seen shifting of five houses. Never ever had a gas refilled. Was running effortlessly all these years. Now I guess gas needs to be filled as for the last three days the room is not getting cooled and you need to be sitting right in front of the unit to fill the cool air., I think the compressor life is over and it is better to exchange it, rather then spend more money on rectifying it.

The scrap dealers give max Rs 2700 / 3000 for old AC. but since the dealer is giving 2500 and doing installation free for me. I thought to go for the deal as the installation itself would cost Rs. 500. Thanks for all your valuable suggestions in making me decide on the 3 star Whirlpool AC.

Last edited by SCH : 19th May 2010 at 10:04.
Old 19th May 2010, 19:34   #1172
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion Khoj

Hi Khoj,
Thanks a lot for your help , as suggested i did tired searching for O general , ( looked at the website , it does not show any dealer for Delhi , called by the compay hotline ( ETA) but no thing) , Since it looks like you stay in NCR can you please refer some one for the Ogeneal via PM.

Else it would ne Hitachi 1.5 split for me .

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 19th May 2010 at 19:35.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:02   #1173
Senior - BHPian

have you tried .

011 - 43127777
Old 19th May 2010, 20:21   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec;
have you tried .

011 - 43127777
yes indeed , It goes to the operator who never picks up. I have tried 3-4 times in different timelines
Old 19th May 2010, 20:34   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
yes indeed , It goes to the operator who never picks up. I have tried 3-4 times in different timelines
What part of Delhi/NCR are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH
The scrap dealers give max Rs 2700 / 3000 for old AC. but since the dealer is giving 2500 and doing installation free for me. I thought to go for the deal as the installation itself would cost Rs. 500.
Hi SCH,
That is a sweet deal. I would appreciate if you could let us know what compressor came with your unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
So experts please help me out here.
Two choices ranked in terms of Silence, After Sales ,Looks, Sheer Performance. The ranking is applicable inversely too.

Daikin more info regarding dealers can be found on Welcome to Daikin India

General In gurgaon contact Aditya on 9990080806.

Last edited by khoj : 19th May 2010 at 20:40.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:52   #1176
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SCH,
That is a sweet deal. I would appreciate if you could let us know what compressor came with your unit.
The compressor is from Panasonic. The AC is a very good, It chilled my room in no time, and mind you I am staying on the second floor in Noida with no floor above my room. Last night even the door holder was very cold and can you imagine also from the outside. I had run it on the Auto mode.

I would surely recommend the 3 star Royale unit from Whirlpool. Thanks Khoj for your advice to go for the 3 star AC. I was also told by the dealer that the 2 star was being manufactured locally whereas the 3 star in coming as CKD unit. 3 star weight is 71 kgs compared to 58 kgs of 2 star.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th May 2010 at 20:14. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 20th May 2010, 18:24   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj;
What part of Delhi/NCR are you in?
Dear Khoj , i live in west delhi ( Paschim Vihar ) near by Raja gaden / mayapuri
Old 20th May 2010, 20:08   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Dear Khoj,

Between Voltas and Onida which would you choose. 1.5 half ton split
Old 20th May 2010, 22:42   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Dear Khoj , i live in west delhi ( Paschim Vihar ) near by Raja gaden / mayapuri
You can go the General Arcade in Mansarovar Garden and find the entire range of General machines. The best part is that the same company is also an authorized dealer for Daikin and Panasonic. Their contact details are

Saviour Aircon
Address1 FB-122&127, Mansarovar Garden, New Delhi
City Delhi, PIN 110 015
Telephone 011-25116191 / 25933991
Fax 011-25158685
Mobile 9811131655 , 9811229205
Owner 1 Mr. Yogesh Bibra

There is another General arcade in Rohini, in case the above does not work out you could contact them on 27216370; 9312243532.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Dear Khoj,

Between Voltas and Onida which would you choose. 1.5 half ton split
This is a tough one as there is not much information available on either brand's current range in terms of the components being used etc. I would strongly urge you to look inside the ODU and see the compressors being used and general build quality and decide. Both of them offer a maze of models.

From the information that is available when I compare the top of the line 5 star rated models from the two 'Onida Ultra Slim mirror' @ 30990/- and the 'Voltas Vertis Platina' @ 28990/- I would have to go with Onida as its compressor's cooling is rated at 19200BTU compared to 517200 BTU for Voltas. Further the other models of Onida are also rated at 18000Btu which is par for the course for a standard 1.5 compressor whereas most of the Voltas are rated at 17200 except the Vertis Classic rated at 17500BTU.

As far as features go Onida again seems better loaded and references on the forum in the recent past for Onida are positive though that would be unfair on Voltas as they do not have any negative reviews but none exist for them thus far. Another thing is that since both companies source their kits, compressors etc the quality of the machine in a given season could be different(better or worse or maybe the same) from the previous one depending on the QA levels of the vendors for the given season.
Old 21st May 2010, 14:18   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Hi,

Kindly advise which Window AC is better in performance . 3 STAR ;1.5 Tons Godrej (GWC 18GH3WJM) or Whirlpool ( WAR 18G30RWO ). I am told by the delaer that both have the same Japanese 1.5 tons Compressor. Weight wise Godrej is 52 kgs, whereas whirlpool is 71 kgs. The excess weight ia as the dealer says all other companies use foam for internal packing whereas whirlpool has steel plates.

Also similar voltas 1.5 ton 3 star window ac was discouraged by the dealer due to bad service. According to him Godrej has better service.

Pls. give your opinion about the above two. Godrej is Rs. 500 cheaper to whirlpool.
Go for Godrej A/C it has better service. Toshiba Rotary compressor in it.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:32   #1181
BHPian

confused between O General 2 ton split and bluestar 2.5 ton split.Currently have 2 ton split of LG,which I am shifting to drawing room on the ground floor. Room is very big,but need cooling only at night,near sleeping area.Live in central India on Top floor.I know the room needs larger tonnage,but still max is 2-2.5 that I want.Budget is 50k, O G is 49k MRP B S is 48k MRP.Also for both the models ASG24A and MHW301B star rating is not given and power consuption is given in different units.Kw and Kcal/hr so cant compare. Plz advice...... Khoj ??? other gurus ???

Last edited by inder : 22nd May 2010 at 12:39.
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:36   #1182
Team-BHP Support

Boy! am i really happy with Whirlpool, the cooling is awesome
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:00   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
confused between O General 2 ton split and bluestar 2.5 ton split.Currently have 2 ton split of LG,which I am shifting to drawing room on the ground floor. Room is very big,but need cooling only at night,near sleeping area.Live in central India on Top floor.I know the room needs larger tonnage,but still max is 2-2.5 that I want.Budget is 50k, O G is 49k MRP B S is 48k MRP.Also for both the models ASG24A and MHW301B star rating is not given and power consuption is given in different units.Kw and Kcal/hr so cant compare. Plz advice...... Khoj ??? other gurus ???
Inder,

Out of the two please forget the Blue Star. You would do well to buy the General unit. It is far superior to the BS even though we are talking of different ratings.

Looking at the fact that you are located in the furnace of India you would do well to look at Hitachi's 'STAR' model's new version introduced last month. This is equipped with a 2.2 ton 'SCROLL' compressor which is the best thing to have happened to the splits. At 25600 it has 300 Btu more cooling capacity than the General machine rated 25300 Btu. Also it consumes less current @9.6 Amps compared to 11.1 Amps for General. The price though is higher @56750/- which is the MRP so open to negotiations.

Do understand I am not saying that the General is no good. Infact it is the best there is (its 2 ton is just a shade below Hitachi's 2.2) but this particular model from Hitachi has raised the bar a notch higher simply by using a scroll instead of the reciprocating compressor which is more efficient and better suited for sustained long runs in high ambients. Word of caution though, all other models of Hitachi in this tonnage use a rotary compressor so please ignore them. I am giving the specific model designations below and make sure to verify the same if opting for the Star.

Tonnage Class 2.2
Star Rating No of BEE Stars 5
Unit Model Number RAU026HQD
IDU Model Number RAS026HQD
ODU Model Number RAC026HQD
Compressor Type SCROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Boy! am i really happy with Whirlpool, the cooling is awesome
and what make compressor did you find in your machine also advise the tonnage.

Last edited by khoj : 22nd May 2010 at 15:05.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:03   #1184
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
These seem to be industrial dehumidifiers. I was thinking more of domestic ones like these - Dehumidifier -- Products --

Anyone here used them - they should provide some amount of comfort for high RH cities like Bombay, Madras etc. However, don't know how much they cost.

Another thing - All ACs seems to have a dry mode. Does anyone know how & what exactly the dry mode does?

This is what my LG window AC manual says
Cool Mode: Switches on compressor and circulates cool air.
Dry Mode: Unit will be run at low fan speed with compressor on. When compressor is OFF, the fan will be off.

First I assumed that Dry Mode is just a demudifier, but looking at the above description & also seeing that it allows me to set the temperature in the Dry Mode, it doesn't seem to be just a dehumidifier.

It looks like Dry Mode is just a regular mode with fan operating at low speed. I don't see why the same can't be done with Cool Mode & Fan at Low.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:23   #1185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and what make compressor did you find in your machine also advise the tonnage.
dunno Khoj, mine is a 1.5T chrome edition, its 3 star rated

Most Viewed