Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 15:18   #2866
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Lots of views shared but unable to come to a decision from them. I need to go in for a 5* rated 1.5T a/c. Among Daikin and BlueStar, which is the better performing product/brand?
Is Hitachi better than Daikin & BlueStar?
Blue Star is just not in the same league as the others. Hitachi is also good but service is highly suspect. You may also look at General.
Old 1st April 2013, 17:10   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback about Panasonic model KC18NKY/2 (1.5T, 4 Star Split A/C). Available on a sale in Metro for 27K (MRP 37K).

The reviews that I see on the net are mostly positive, does anyone here have any experience with this model ?
Old 1st April 2013, 23:01   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Blue Star is just not in the same league as the others. Hitachi is also good but service is highly suspect. You may also look at General.
Thank you for your response. When you say Blue star is just not the same league, you mean it's not as good as Daikin and Hitachi or the inverse [far better than both]?

Safe to assume then, that Daikin is recommended for both product and service? If I go in for a 5* rated model, that I will save on energy consumption is a valid assumption/is proven?

And which is a better product, Daikin or General?

Sorry to ask again if already answered, but any product recommendations in inverter ac 1.5T?

many thanks
ajay K
Old 2nd April 2013, 01:15   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for a separate post but from reading posts on previous pages, Sharp seems to have some good words. Is there good service backup for this brand in Bangalore?
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:11   #2870
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you for your response. When you say Blue star is just not the same league, you mean it's not as good as Daikin and Hitachi or the inverse [far better than both]?
And which is a better product, Daikin or General?
Quote:
Sorry for a separate post but from reading posts on previous pages, Sharp seems to have some good words. Is there good service backup for this brand in Bangalore?
Two things - an Inverter may not have a 5* rating, but is actually far more economical. As for Sharp I have great regard for their products but are too new to comment upon. Prices of Daikin & General are about the same and both are rated as top of the pile. I recently bought a 1.7-2.2 TR Daikin Inverter. Make sure you get a R410a unit rather than a R22 unit. R22 is being outlawed under the Montreal protocol in a few years.

Blue star is definitely inferior to the three brands being mentioned.
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:31   #2871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Two things - an Inverter may not have a 5* rating, but is actually far more economical. As for Sharp I have great regard for their products but are too new to comment upon. Prices of Daikin & General are about the same and both are rated as top of the pile. I recently bought a 1.7-2.2 TR Daikin Inverter. Make sure you get a R410a unit rather than a R22 unit. R22 is being outlawed under the Montreal protocol in a few years.

Hi professor, can i ask you what made you narrow down to a Daiken Inverter AC when there are Inverter AC from LG and Panasonic? Are Daiken AC superior to these? If so in what aspects?
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:45   #2872
BHPian

Daikin has a useful tool that helps calculate the AC based on your room specs: http://www.daikinindia.com/resource-...es&layout=find

Does anyone know the retail cost of a Daikin 0.75 or 1 Tonne Inverter AC?

How would you rate Panasonic and LG Inverter ACs? (in terms of cost, features, durability, support and service)

I need this for my home office in Bangalore (121 sq feet, 4th floor in 10 storey apartment, sun facing, 9-10 hrs of usage during summer only, avg room temp is 28-32C with 50% humidity in summer)

Last edited by bharatbs : 2nd April 2013 at 11:51.
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:55   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Any feedback about Panasonic model KC18NKY/2 (1.5T, 4 Star Split A/C). Available on a sale in Metro for 27K (MRP 37K).

The reviews that I see on the net are mostly positive, does anyone here have any experience with this model ?
I have the exact same model. Its been working great since the last 3 years. However panasonic after sales service is pretty much non existent in bangalore.
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:54   #2874
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi professor, can i ask you what made you narrow down to a Daiken Inverter AC when there are Inverter AC from LG and Panasonic? Are Daiken AC superior to these? If so in what aspects?
I had made up my mind for Daikin, General or Panasonic. My dealer (who is the oldest and biggest in Kanpur) ruled out Panasonic as being not in the same league. He does not sell Sharp or LG! I have been his customer since 1999.

So it was left to Daikin / General - the latter was slightly costlier (about 2-3k) and he suggested Daikin, a brand I have heard of at least since 2000! He is also authorised to service both brands. I think LG and Samsung are at par - and at least in Sammy the condenser is aluminium. My son's (in Manipal) has failed twice in the past four years! So a copper condenser was a must. Also, R410a reduced the choice. While a window unit may not need charging in its life, I find that a split does need topping up after about four to five years.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:11   #2875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If you read earlier pages in this thread, you will soon get a feeling for the perception of the various brands and also other important stuff such as their after-sales service.

I have asked about Blue Star in the past, and received the feedback to be cautious, as they are not really interested in the domestic market. Hope I "quoted" this right.
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:27   #2876
BHPian

I have a one-year old Sharp 1.5T AH-XP18MV at home that is just fabulous. I have no hesitation in recommending this product. I think the strength of these new generation ac's is how good they are in dehumidification which result in reaching the set temperature sooner and keeping it at that. Thankfully I did not have to call a service technician as yet since it is only a year old but my hunch is that is going to be as good and bad as others. Don't expect a Japanese or Korean engineer to show at your doorstep to fix your ac depending on its make. Service is always going to be outsourced to agencies with probably one or two senior technicians getting the factory training and him passing on the directions to his subordinates.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:01   #2877
Senior - BHPian

You would be surprised to see who turns up for install as well as after sales feedback call(not just for complaints), provided your install deserves that level of attention. The outsourced service agency scenario as described by you is pretty warped. Do a little more research as on the other forum(I think I have recognized you correctly) and you will learn about regular training workshops, diagnostic & repair competitions, technical updates besides R&D divisions studying their own and competitors product's workings in our environs and actual implementation of knowledge garnered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Don't expect a Japanese or Korean engineer to show at your doorstep to fix your ac depending on its make. Service is always going to be outsourced to agencies with probably one or two senior technicians getting the factory training and him passing on the directions to his subordinates.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:18   #2878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
...I think the strength of these new generation ac's is how good they are in dehumidification which result in reaching the set temperature sooner and keeping it at that...
Cool air cannot hold as much water as hot air can. Cool the air, it gives up water: it cannot do otherwise, physics does not allow it any choice. So dehumidifying is always going to be a byproduct and result of cooling. If an AC unit cools it will dehumidify too, and if it doesn't, it won't.
Old 3rd April 2013, 00:38   #2879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you sir, for your response. I'm going to settle for either Daikin [1st pref] or Sharp [2nd]. And yes, already understood from reviewing the last couple of pages that R410 is the way to proceed in.
Old 3rd April 2013, 02:15   #2880
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you sir, for your response. I'm going to settle for either Daikin [1st pref] or Sharp [2nd]. And yes, already understood from reviewing the last couple of pages that R410 is the way to proceed in.
Buy the sharp. I have 2 daikin inverter acs, 2 sharp inverter acs and a Panasonic. Sharp is the best followed closely by panasonic and then daikin.

Reasons are too long to disclose here. But in short technology, economic reasons, customer service and reliability are the parameters that i have judged them upon.

Most Viewed