Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2018, 15:29   #5896
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

My Midea installers also used a spirit level. The also seemed to have the proper tools to bend the tubes etc.
Old 15th June 2018, 01:15   #5897
BHPian

Hello folks, need your suggestions.

I'm on the lookout for 1.5 TR inverter split AC.

I promise I will go through all the previous pages, but can you suggest 2-3 options of good brands, with good service backup and long product life?

If a WiFi option it's available, that will be a boon.

Thanks.
Old 15th June 2018, 10:03   #5898
BANNED

Seems my Daikin 2T has again leaked the Refrigerant. I proved then I may get another Split - R401 or equivalent and Inverter and scrap the expensive Daikin. I have no intention of getting another expensive repair.
Old 15th June 2018, 11:58   #5899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Seems my Daikin 2T has again leaked the Refrigerant. I proved then I may get another Split - R401 or equivalent and Inverter and scrap the expensive Daikin. I have no intention of getting another expensive repair.
I too 'burnt my fingers' with a Daikin.
The inverter started blinking an error-code which was unsolvable.
But then it had more to do with the shoddy installation (no vacumming done, etc).

I replaced it with a General (four years ago) and am a happy customer now!
Old 15th June 2018, 14:47   #5900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, I continue to enjoy flawless performance from my LGs!! Going into the 12th year!!
Old 15th June 2018, 15:04   #5901
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hello folks, need your suggestions.

I'm on the lookout for 1.5 TR inverter split AC.

Thanks.
Depends a lot on your budget, but from my personal experience, General, Daikin are over rated AC's with high prices and low efficiency. Hitachi's are the best with very high energy efficiency and are built to last, they even work in 54 deg ambient. Even my Panasonics are going strong after 6 years. Daikins don't work beyond 48deg.
Old 15th June 2018, 23:34   #5902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I was impressed by the professionalism of LG installers. They had correct tools and used a spirit level extensively while installing the IDU. Even for the wall mounting bracket they aligned the bracket using a level.
That’s impressive. When we got our LG inverter AC shifted recently the LG technicians purposely installed the indoor unit tilted down towards the drain line saying that adequate slope is required to drain water, and if not drained properly accumulated water in the unit causes problems. The pipes are also installed in a rather steep angle, making for a very ugly install.

Quote:
The LG Split is a double inverter model and is whisper quiet. Even the ODU makes hardly any noise. Best is that this is a wide voltage range model works so no need for any stabiliser. Compared to the Daikin we have it is way ahead.
That’s interesting. Which model is it?
Old 16th June 2018, 08:36   #5903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
That’s impressive. When we got our LG inverter AC shifted recently the LG technicians purposely installed the indoor unit tilted down towards the drain line saying that adequate slope is required to drain water, and if not drained properly accumulated water in the unit causes problems. The pipes are also installed in a rather steep angle, making for a very ugly install.

I think you should re-raise this installation issue with them. LG takes customer service a bit seriously compared to other brands. The reason given by them is hogwash. I dont think any AC will need to be installed tilted for water to drain.

Its like telling there needs to be less air in the right side tyres in a car so that the full fuel will get used.
Old 16th June 2018, 10:44   #5904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
T............

The model is JS-Q18HUZD
. from PAYtm for Rs.43,865/ and cashback of Rs.5,702/ NETT = Rs.38,163.
. Installation is free; paid for by PAYtm; but carried out by LG authorised installers.
. You have to pay for AC stand (850) and any extra pipe over 3m supplied. You also have to procure pipe for drain.
. Wide Voltage range so no stabiliser required.

On the whole at this price you will not get a comparable AC. Just note that the cash back is in PAYtm wallet and you can to use it for further purchases only. In my case as our Summer Electricity bills are Rs.10K to Rs.20K a month that cashback is utilised.

A comparable Daikin is Rs.46K and installation and piping is extra, adding at least 5K to the cost.

NOTE that these are with R410a refrigerants and use an ISERR of 4.73. The LG and Daiking units with R32 which cost 5K more, use an ISERR of 5.2, so are more efficient.

Last edited by Aroy : 16th June 2018 at 10:49.
Old 17th June 2018, 00:57   #5905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Depends a lot on your budget, but from my personal experience, General, Daikin are over rated AC's with high prices and low efficiency. Hitachi's are the best with very high energy efficiency and are built to last, they even work in 54 deg ambient. Even my Panasonics are going strong after 6 years. Daikins don't work beyond 48deg.
Any feedback on following models:

Bluestar 5CNHW18PAFUSMRT
LG JS-Q18ZUZD
Lloyd ls18i53id

All of them are 1.5 TR, Inverter, and comes with wifi option (which is a requirement for me).

Does anyone have any experience with how practical/advanced is the wifi feature in these devices. Basically I need to be able to switch on and off (with option to select any mode) remotely via app.

Any other brand that can be suggested with above features?

Last edited by racingmachine : 17th June 2018 at 01:23.
Old 17th June 2018, 09:34   #5906
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I have had enough grief with our Hitachi 1.5TR Window Unit. Hitachi spares cost a bomb, and are difficult to get. So Hitachi is out.
Old 17th June 2018, 10:59   #5907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Any feedback on following models:

Bluestar 5CNHW18PAFUSMRT
LG JS-Q18ZUZD
Lloyd ls18i53id

All of them are 1.5 TR, Inverter, and comes with wifi option (which is a requirement for me).

Does anyone have any experience with how practical/advanced is the wifi feature in these devices. Basically I need to be able to switch on and off (with option to select any mode) remotely via app.

Any other brand that can be suggested with above features?
Quote:
I have had enough grief with our Hitachi 1.5TR Window Unit. Hitachi spares cost a bomb, and are difficult to get. So Hitachi is out.
I have had Hitachi AC for more than 10 years now. Here is my take
. The split which was bought in 2007 is still going strong. Had to fill gas twice in the last five years. The service mechanic assured me that it will last another few years.
. One window AC, with two fan motors bought 2009 is going strong. Only the louver motors keep failing, so stopped after replacing them a couple of times.
. 5 Star window AC, bought in 2011 has given me most trouble, The fins are dense so that it gets clogged within a month. The fan motor packed up two years ago. Cost me 6K with labour as it is BLDC motor used for only one year by Hitachi, and not available any where else. Got rid of it this year.

In the mean time My Daikin split is going strong. This month I got an LG double invereter and that beats all the older AC hollow (including Daikin and my son's inverter Generals).

The LG dual rotary 5 star AC are much better than either Llyod or Blue star. After extensive inquiries and research, I found that both Llyod and Blue Star have major issues with after sales service compared to LG, and on top of that are priced quite high. So my recommendation would be to go for LG.

I bought LG JS-Q18HUZD which no WiFi version of JS-Q18ZUZD. On reviewing the specifications I could not find any difference between the ZUZD and the TLZD models. Buy which ever is cheaper.
Old 17th June 2018, 18:11   #5908
Distinguished - BHPian

How things change!

LG, way back then, was several runs below Samsung. Now Samsung is not even mentioned here, and LG is getting a big recommendation!
Old 17th June 2018, 20:39   #5909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The model is JS-Q18HUZD
. from PAYtm for Rs.43,865/ and cashback of Rs.5,702/ NETT = Rs.38,163.
I checked out this model on LG website. The specs are impressive. I believe most AC brands these days do their primary function - cooling - pretty well. It's the features that differentiate

Indoor unit noise level of this model (JS-Q18HUZD) is mentioned as 28 db. So is my current 1.5 year old LG 1.5 ton inverter (not dual inverter). In reality it sounds far noisier than Daikin of similar specification. In fact, the outdoor unit of this LG is very noisy. It is mounted just outside our living room window; it is no better than a window unit in terms of noise. Low frequency humming noise comes through the large glass window: you get thermal comfort but noise discomfort.
Old 18th June 2018, 07:02   #5910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
How things change!

LG, way back then, was several runs below Samsung. ...
Haha, meet a happy LG buyer of long standing (since 2005)! Three LGs bought during this period - a 2 ton split, a 1½ ton window and a 1 ton split. No gas top-ups and no other problems except for a blower motor condenser replaced for Rs.250/- in the 2 ton split.

A Hitachi and a National window unit are also giving yeoman service for the past 17 and 18 years respectively. No gas top-ups and no other expenses.

Did someone say, old is gold?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks