Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 00:42   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
Un-install the Youtube app and install it again. I think this is a problem with the app and not with the phone itself.

There is a Youtube app published by Microsoft, you can try that app also. That app does not have captcha screen.
I used both. The one published by youtubepro wasnt working as well as the one by microsoft. However after i got my 3g recharged it started working. The problem is i cant even check 3g balance on airtel which has the following USSD code *121*21# since wp7.5 doesnt allow USSD codes. Is there any workaround for this? Have you used any?

Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 11:02   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I used both. The one published by Youtubepro wasnt working as well as the one by microsoft. However after i got my 3g recharged it started working. The problem is i cant even check 3g balance on airtel which has the following USSD code *121*21# since wp7.5 doesnt allow USSD codes. Is there any workaround for this? Have you used any?

Thanks
As far as I know there are no workarounds for it. I dont use USSD codes as I have a postpaid connection.
Old 7th June 2012, 11:08   #393
BHPian

Quote:
I used both. The one published by Youtubepro wasnt working as well as the one by microsoft. However after i got my 3g recharged it started working. The problem is i cant even check 3g balance on airtel which has the following USSD code *121*21# since wp7.5 doesnt allow USSD codes. Is there any workaround for this? Have you used any?

Thanks

For Airtel in Mumbai you can check the 3G balance by using *123*11#, check if this works.
My Airtel 3G Sim card is in samsung Wave and for Omnia W i have vodafone postpaid connection.
Old 7th June 2012, 11:33   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d

As far as I know there are no workarounds for it. I dont use USSD codes as I have a postpaid connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly
My Airtel 3G Sim card is in samsung Wave and for Omnia W i have vodafone postpaid connection.
The problem for me is I cant put the lumia 800 sim into other phones as its been cut into micro sim format.
Hmm im trying to think of other workarounds.. Cheers! !!
Old 7th June 2012, 12:25   #395
BANNED

Quote:
The problem for me is I cant put the lumia 800 sim into other phones as its been cut into micro sim format.
How to Make a DIY Micro SIM to SIM Adapter
Old 7th June 2012, 12:46   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy
Thanks for this link very helpful indeed.
Old 7th June 2012, 18:41   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My seller had a special tool which just cuts the micro SIM out of the existing SIM, leaving a rectangular "Shell". I retained the outer "shell" of the SIM. Every time I need to use the SIM on an older phone, I place it in the outer shell and insert the whole thing. Works always.

Best bet is to visit a busy phone reseller and ask him for an old SIM "shell".
Old 13th June 2012, 13:52   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Got your point sir will ask him to check on this issue hope this should solve the issue
IT guy says Saar you should have bought IPhone or Android instead of an windows phone
I just installed a ROM on my HD2 which has static IP and manual settings for wifi networks. Check on XDa-developers if there is any ROM for your phone which has these options enabled.
Old 13th June 2012, 14:03   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I just installed a ROM on my HD2 which has static IP and manual settings for wifi networks. Check on XDa-developers if there is any ROM for your phone which has these options enabled.
Thank you sir will definitely check it
Old 13th June 2012, 15:45   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Thank you sir will definitely check it
I checked xda-developers. There are no ROM's for it as the bootloader is locked and has not yet been cracked by the folks over there. Sad. :(
Old 13th June 2012, 15:50   #401
BHPian

Hi,

I've just inherited an AT&T locked LG Optimus Quantum C900.
Was hoping somebody on thread can help unlocking this ?

Thanks!
Old 13th June 2012, 15:57   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
Hi,

I've just inherited an AT&T locked LG Optimus Quantum C900.
Was hoping somebody on thread can help unlocking this ?

Thanks!
Looks like you will need to buy an unlock code for it.
Old 14th June 2012, 22:11   #403
BHPian

ok, so an update on my ongoing battery problems with my Omnia W:

Ive replaced my old battery with a new one (its been a month now almost).

Initially i didnt do a reset so i got consistently bad battery life. Just recently i did 2 resets, with one being today. Now i have no installed apps other than Whatsapp. Im on 3G. I took my phone off the charger at around 8 am. As of 10 pm today the battery saver reports remaining battery life at 39% and estimated time remaining as 5 hours. It has been 13 hours since my last charge. I did maybe 15 minutes of web browsing today along with a few calls and playing around with the phone. At this point i can only surmise that either the cell towers and nodes are sucking up the power or something else is wrong with the phone; any ideas from you guys?
Old 15th June 2012, 12:18   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
ok, so an update on my ongoing battery problems with my Omnia W:

Ive replaced my old battery with a new one (its been a month now almost).

Initially i didnt do a reset so i got consistently bad battery life. Just recently i did 2 resets, with one being today. Now i have no installed apps other than Whatsapp. Im on 3G. I took my phone off the charger at around 8 am. As of 10 pm today the battery saver reports remaining battery life at 39% and estimated time remaining as 5 hours. It has been 13 hours since my last charge. I did maybe 15 minutes of web browsing today along with a few calls and playing around with the phone. At this point i can only surmise that either the cell towers and nodes are sucking up the power or something else is wrong with the phone; any ideas from you guys?
My personal experience has been that cell phone signal quality has dropped afte 3G was introduced and this is not only on WP7 handsets. I have found this problem on pretty much all handsets. I installed Android on my HD2 and even that was having signal issues. So now to solve this problem i keep the phone on 2G mode and not on 3G. I find that the signal quality is much better when I keep the phone on 2G mode. I only go to 3G mode when I am in a good 3G coverage area.
Old 15th June 2012, 12:27   #405
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Lync ? Very impressed with the features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks