Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 12:59   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Anyone using Lync ? Very impressed with the features.
Dont have access to Lync server. :(
Old 15th June 2012, 13:51   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Dont have access to Lync server. :(

What more do you want! Check the video. I guess the app for Win mobiles are out but then you need to have Lync server
Old 15th June 2012, 15:57   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What more do you want! Check the video. I guess the app for Win mobiles are out but then you need to have Lync server
Exactly what I meant. The Lync client for Windows Phone has been aorund for quite some time now. But like I said, I need a server. Any ideas to get one?
Old 18th June 2012, 15:39   #409
BHPian

Guys,

Need a little help.

I had an HD7(bought in India, was not locked to any carrier) which was stolen recently. Had ordered a new one over Ebay, it is an AT&T unlocked HD7S. While I can make the calls and send text messages, i haven't connected it via GPRS or WiFi to the internet. Also, haven't connected it to my PC for Zune Sync.

Before I do that, I wanted to know what precautions should I take while using this unlocked phone? Can I update the software to Mango? I'm just hoping this does not get relocked again. This is the first time i'm buying an unlocked phone so not sure about what not to do.

Thanks

SuperBee
Old 19th June 2012, 00:31   #410
BHPian

any word if the Omnia W will be receiving the Tango update?
Old 19th June 2012, 08:06   #411
Senior - BHPian

@SuperBee - If the phone is a manufacturer unlocked one, then it will not get relocked on updating to Mango.

@CaliAtenza - Tango is not a major update. You should be more worried about whether your phone will get the Apollo update or not. As of now there is no official word from MS whether the first gen phones will get the update or not.
Old 19th June 2012, 19:41   #412
BHPian

Quote:
@SuperBee - If the phone is a manufacturer unlocked one, then it will not get relocked on updating to Mango.

@CaliAtenza - Tango is not a major update. You should be more worried about whether your phone will get the Apollo update or not. As of now there is no official word from MS whether the first gen phones will get the update or not.
Im not really worried if my phone will be getting Apollo or not because i am moving back home to the USA in August. Planning to pick up a new Apollo device when i go home. Rumor has it that Samsung will make a version of the Galaxy SIII with Apollo
Old 21st June 2012, 12:32   #413
Senior - BHPian

Microsoft introduces Windows Phone 8 for fall release, incompatible with current devices

Just came across this piece of news on engadget.com

MS has announced that no existing device READ : Lumia 710 / 800 / 900 shall receive the Apollo aka Windows 8 and instead will get only Windows 7.8

I was so looking forward to pick up the Lumia 800 sometime this year once its price comes to this side of 20k. :(

source : Microsoft confirms no upgrade path to Windows Phone 8, unveils 7.8 for legacy devices -- Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/m...ndows-phone-8/

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 21st June 2012 at 12:35.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:34   #414
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Windows Phone 8 has been unveiled according to GSMarena.

The main change is the shared core ( common drivers kernel etc as in Windows 8 ). So most of the software which works on PC should work on phone.

Here is the link to the site

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2012 at 13:14. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 21st June 2012, 13:52   #415
Team-BHP Support

Here's another :

No Windows Phone 8 update for existing phones - The Times of India
Old 21st June 2012, 13:56   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Microsoft introduces Windows Phone 8 for fall release, incompatible with current devices

Just came across this piece of news on engadget.com

MS has announced that no existing device READ : Lumia 710 / 800 / 900 shall receive the Apollo aka Windows 8 and instead will get only Windows 7.8

I was so looking forward to pick up the Lumia 800 sometime this year once its price comes to this side of 20k. :(

source : Microsoft confirms no upgrade path to Windows Phone 8, unveils 7.8 for legacy devices -- Engadget

Microsoft introduces Windows Phone 8 for fall release, incompatible with current devices -- Engadget
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I wouldnt worry too much about it as long as we have the great folks over at XDA-Developers.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:15   #417
Senior - BHPian

Microsoft took all the time they wanted and joined the smartphone party late. But still they couldn't support one version below.
Apple have done well in this aspect. Though iPhone 3GS came with iOS3, the latest releases, iOS6 works with on 3GS !
Old 21st June 2012, 18:26   #418
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldnt worry too much about it as long as we have the great folks over at XDA-Developers.
true. But i think getting a new device is really the way to go here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Microsoft took all the time they wanted and joined the smartphone party late. But still they couldn't support one version below.
Apple have done well in this aspect. Though iPhone 3GS came with iOS3, the latest releases, iOS6 works with on 3GS !
ive heard iOS6 runs pretty bad on the 3GS though...

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd June 2012 at 15:41. Reason: Please avoid putting-up consecutive posts. use the 'Edit' and 'Multi-Quote' functions henceforth. Thanks :)
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:22   #419
BHPian

HomeShop18.com Superdeals: Nokia Lumia 800, Sonyr Xperia P, HP DreamScreen
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:28   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What a thing to hear after getting myself a Lumia 710
The current OS needs some enhancements, like a better audio player with an equaliser option and customisable menu backgrounds.
Quote:
I just wish they do! But I was not able to start my phone in the Qualcomm bootloader mode. Have anyone here tried doing so? Except for the bad audio options, I am more or less satisified with the phone. A break from the Android fever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks