Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 00:05   #1006
CDM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Does anyone here have a Dlink 2750U? I have an issue with the firmware upgrade. Currently I am running on IN1.08 and the latest version is supposed to be IN1.10. I was able to download the firmware from the website but once I start the upgrade, I get an error saying upgrade is failed and the router reboots. Any fix to this issue?
The firmware depends on the hardware version, which itself depends on the region. It's possible that the hardware version of your router is not compatible with the firmware update.
Old 25th November 2014, 00:06   #1007
BHPian

re: On Wi-Fi & Routers

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanks for the information! Much appreciated. How do you differentiate between the hardware versions? And can I install the f/w on the ME site onto my modem?

I was looking for this upgrade sometime back since it would enable USB mass storage. However, now I am thinking if the upgrade is really required since I already set up USB storage in the current version. Your thoughts?
The HW version is written on the box and most probably even on the sticker under the router.

I did upgrade the firmware to the ME one but havent been able to connect my USB printer to the network. So read up before upgrading. And if its just me who is missing this, let me know how its done. I dont know if downgrading is possible.

Damn I miss ddwrt
Old 25th November 2014, 09:55   #1008
Senior - BHPian

the 2750U was a very good modem with B1 (Broadcom chipset)
then with C1 (Broadcom chipset)
hardware versions.

then dlink pinched pennies, and launched 2750U with U1 (realtek chipset)
this is a very avg & cheap chipset for an adsl modem.

you can downgrade or upgrade between any of these versions at any time of your choosing using the format given above.

1.07 (IN)
1.08 (IN)
1.10 (ME)
1.11 (ME)

you can find all these versions in dlink Taiwan (dlink.tw) site or dlink (ME) site.
Old 27th November 2014, 13:57   #1009
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, firstly apologies if this has been asked before and answered many times!
I need a router with a decent possible range for under 3-4k.
Its a 1000sq ft flat & signal needs to go through a wall and a door.
TP Link W8968 seems to be a popular choice as per some posts on this thread. Are there any other options? Was thinking of going to Croma & checking out some brands.
5 Net Broadband gives a DSL Modem & they also offer Wi-Fi Routers which are TP Link N150 for Rs 1,250 & N300 for Rs 1,850. Are these any good? If so which one would be better for my flat? Usage will be on 2 mobiles & 1 Laptop.
Old 27th November 2014, 14:29   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
hardware versions.

you can downgrade or upgrade between any of these versions at any time of your choosing using the format given above.

1.07 (IN)
1.08 (IN)
1.10 (ME)
1.11 (ME)

you can find all these versions in dlink Taiwan (dlink.tw) site or dlink (ME) site.
You are very much correct. Also the amplifier which boosts signal is degraded it seems. The C1 with 3db antennas has better range than the U1 which has 5db antennas.

I just bought one last week thinking that it would have a better range than my n150 linksys router, but to my surprise Dlink has a very poor range.
I upgraded from mea to 1.11 , but still there was no improvement.
I then got another unit for testing which happened to be C1 hardware version and it had better range.

I am really disappointed after spending 2200 on this router.
Old 27th November 2014, 17:04   #1011
BHPian

Guys, I use Huawei Powerfi data card . Model 8221. It supports upto 10 devices on wifi. Yes, it acts as a wifi router.
I tested 8 devices and it works.

Just buy any company 3G GSM Sim card and thats it.
No hanging wires (like in broad band of BSNL, Beam), No costly devices, antennas , no Jhanjhat.
You can even send/receive sms
Old 5th December 2014, 13:52   #1012
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a Zyxcel wireless router which I used for Tata docomo Broadband.
Now I have shifted and Iconnect people(Local BB) are telling me that I cant use Zyxcel as it is not compatible.
Can someone tell me how to know whether a Router is compatible to a BB connection or not.
Old 6th December 2014, 07:40   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
hardware versions.

Lurker, how do we find chipset of a modem? I bought 2750U this week and it had hardware version of V1 and firmware version 1.01. I am quite happy with its performance till now as I replaced my 10yr old modem Huawei SmartAX MT800 bought from BSNL. Also, where can I get details of Antenna db? Thanks.
Old 6th December 2014, 10:24   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
go to this site

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page

and type the modem name and model into the search box
I don't have any specific info about V1 HW. Though it seems to be production model for last year.
Old 12th February 2015, 20:19   #1015
BHPian

My ADSL router seems to have lived its life and is nearing its coffin.

I searched over the net and have shortlisted two ADSL routers. One from TP-Link and other from D-Link. Advantage of TP-Link is that its an USB modem, which means I can plug in my USB storage device and use it over the wifi or I can share my printer over wifi or even better can use any internet dongle through it. D-Link on other hand is one of the trusted band. Anyone using these products? Please help.

http://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w...0-91674980f5b1

http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2...RD4KY4UNGYCZFG
Old 27th March 2015, 15:54   #1016
Senior - BHPian

I recently got Airtel Fibernet connection. They provided a low end modem which has very limited range. I have this D-Link DSL-2750U router lying with me from the ADSL days.

Can I get this to work with Fibernet? The router does not have a WAN input (RJ45) required for Fibernet. If not what are my options in about 2K range which provides good coverage and speed.
Old 27th March 2015, 16:21   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I recently got Airtel Fibernet connection. They provided a low end modem which has very limited range. I have this D-Link DSL-2750U router lying with me from the ADSL days.

Can I get this to work with Fibernet?
I don't think it will work. The ADSL routers are wireless with modem. The cable that you have needs a router that is without modem.
Old 28th March 2015, 16:11   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

Can I get this to work with Fibernet? The router does not have a WAN input (RJ45) required for Fibernet. If not what are my options in about 2K range which provides good coverage and speed.

You can try to connect to any of the lan ports and the router may likely function as an access point. Just disable the modem behavior and set it to router mode alone.

You can look at TP-link routers or even asus on flipkart or Snapdeal for innumerable options
Old 28th March 2015, 18:22   #1019
BHPian

Anyone using powerline networking here?

Planning to try it ever since I started using Chromecast - the signal isn't strong enough in the farthest room and I can't run cables.
Old 4th April 2015, 12:30   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Anyone using powerline networking here?

Planning to try it ever since I started using Chromecast - the signal isn't strong enough in the farthest room and I can't run cables.
You are better off buying a better wifi router to be honest. Powerline is pretty useless - have a devolo kit sitting in the attic somewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks