Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 21:20   #2161
BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If your Yamaha receiver has multiple HDMI input outputs, then check which one of them support ARC. Else you will have to take a different route for delivering Audio back to HT.
I dont find any markings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
When you play a movie from Hard disk on TV, is dolby sound sent to HT via optical? Does that work? If yes then there is something to do with TV and STB.
Yes, it does.
I can connect the optical from STB to HT too, but if need to watch movie, need to change the connections. So hesitant.
With my existing connection, STB Dolby is passed through the optical to HT. HDMI is only for picture.
Old 6th June 2014, 11:16   #2162
BHPian

Does anyone own Heco speakers here ? Any feedback on the same ?

Also do let me know if there are any Heco dealers in Bangalore. Looking for a pair of tower speakers in the 35 - 40k range, that can double as a 5.1 + for Stereo mode as well.

Any other inputs from the audio gurus most welcome.

Last edited by Fillmore : 6th June 2014 at 11:19.
Old 6th June 2014, 17:56   #2163
BHPian

Logitech Z906 5.1 THX certified, I recently auditioned this at a friends place and was mightily impressed, is anyone here on the form owning it? The pricing is around 20k.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 16th June 2014, 20:10   #2164
BHPian

Yesterday there was a low voltage in my apartment which caused my amplifier to die. It doesnt turn on. Infact it was connected to a spike buster and there is no fuse blown in it. After some google, checked the fuse inside my amplifier and it hasnt blown out too.
Had to take it to the service center. Disappointed!! :(
Old 16th June 2014, 23:07   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post

Also do let me know if there are any Heco dealers in Bangalore. Looking for a pair of tower speakers in the 35 - 40k range, that can double as a 5.1 + for Stereo mode as well.

Why not check the entry level Jamo's/Klipsch?
Old 17th June 2014, 00:10   #2166
BHPian

great thread, just saw it.
Well I have Philips FW-V 520 music system which is pretty old now, was a gift to me by my father around 11 years ago. It's a 2200 watt pmpo, dual cassette player and recorder with MP3, VCD etc playback capabilities. Although it's pretty old, but still plays like new and the sound output is one of the best I've ever heard. And it's still my prize possession. Truly love how it plays the finer nuances of the track being played.
Thinking of getting a new one now for my place in Delhi. around 20k. Still need to zero on
Old 17th June 2014, 08:04   #2167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Why not check the entry level Jamo's/Klipsch?
Checked out Heco Victa Prime 702 series.
I would say it sounds better than entry level Jamo's and Klipsch.

The 602 series are not that great.
Old 17th June 2014, 12:01   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
great thread, just saw it.
Well I have Philips FW-V 520 music system which is pretty old now, was a gift to me by my father around 11 years ago. It's a 2200 watt pmpo, dual cassette player and recorder with MP3, VCD etc playback capabilities. Although it's pretty old, but still plays like new and the sound output is one of the best I've ever heard. And it's still my prize possession. Truly love how it plays the finer nuances of the track being played.
Thinking of getting a new one now for my place in Delhi. around 20k. Still need to zero on
Stereo or HT? What do you prefer?
Old 17th June 2014, 20:22   #2169
BHPian

HT all the way. have always loved them. Used to like all those power houses back in the days, these days it's all sleek and thin in design. I love the mean look of the older HT's. But what I am looking for is something which can give me surround sound. speakers on all corners of the room and two upfront, which makes listening a true pleasure. Don't like that thump thump sound, I want the sound to be clear and crystal so that I can hear all the finer details of the music. And I don't mind extending the budget too.
Old 24th June 2014, 18:41   #2170
BHPian

hello all am planning on buying the "JBL Harman Kardan Soundsticks III", require your guys opinion. Purpose of use is listen to music and watch movies.
Old 26th June 2014, 07:50   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Yesterday there was a low voltage in my apartment which caused my amplifier to die. It doesnt turn on. Infact it was connected to a spike buster and there is no fuse blown in it. After some google, checked the fuse inside my amplifier and it hasnt blown out too.
Had to take it to the service center. Disappointed!! :(
Took the amplifier to the service center and the diagnosis was made. Transformer has gone. Got it replaced within warranty. Asked what is the purpose of the fuse. It is for over current protection only. And also recommended to turn the amplifier completely off when not in use. If the power button is alone turned off, its in standby mode, which heats up the transformer.
Big pain, I have to setup everything from scratch, the settings have been erased during this change.
Old 26th June 2014, 08:53   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
HT all the way. have always loved them. Used to like all those power houses back in the days, these days it's all sleek and thin in design. I love the mean look of the older HT's. But what I am looking for is something which can give me surround sound. speakers on all corners of the room and two upfront, which makes listening a true pleasure. Don't like that thump thump sound, I want the sound to be clear and crystal so that I can hear all the finer details of the music. And I don't mind extending the budget too.
Dont expect the same sound quality as your stereo from the new HT for music. I would suggest keep the stereo for music and for 20K get any entry level HTIBs for movies from the usual suspects Onkyo/Yamaha/Denon, you wont be disappointed.
Old 26th June 2014, 09:44   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say it sounds better than entry level Jamo's and Klipsch.

The 602 series are not that great.
Audio dynamics India is the dealer. Had heard them once - muddy uninvolving sound. If you are looking at entry level floorstanders, please check the q acoustics 2050i. It is fantastic for the price.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:14   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
For the 35-40k budget there is no decent floorstander or worth the amount you pay. Instead I would suggest lookout for good Bookshelves, the SQ will be far better eg,
- Monitor Audio BR2 / Gold series
- Quad 11L /12L
- Epos M% (slightly out of budget)
- Kef iQ1 or Q300
- B&W 685
- Dynaudio Audience 42

It all depends on the amp which you are going to pair it with due to the sound signature of each component. So better choose the speakers first, then the amp

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 26th June 2014 at 10:33.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:31   #2175
BHPian

Quote:

You can try Torvin speakers, they are fairly decent and you will be able to get these within the range you have mentioned. I have used the Phantom 9 floor standing speakers and they were pretty good.
http://www.torvin.com/speakers.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks