Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 03:53   #2236
BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

I am gonna get my YHT 2910 delivered and now looking for a stabilizer, can anyone please suggest if this is fine?
Will be connecting 42'' Smart LED, DTH, Home Theatre, X-box 360 and a blue ray player

http://www.flipkart.com/v-guard-crys...mdp955q2sxajgk
Old 26th September 2014, 12:03   #2237
gemi_kk

Would some one update me on the availability of any wireless Home theater systems in the market.

I do not have the required piping setup in my home to run the wires of home theater kits and put the speakers at the appropriate places, so planning for a wireless kit.

Old 26th September 2014, 23:08   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
I am looking out for a home theatre 5.1 dolby sound with DVD player.It should be able to connect to my tatasky HD. I dont have a very high budget. I have an LED Tv.

Can you let me know your budget and room size. these are the primary steps to move towards your buying decision

just out of the sleeve a powerful 5.1 package without DVD player at a decent prize

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/produc...m-z906?crid=47
Old 27th September 2014, 06:19   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Can you let me know your budget and room size. these are the primary steps to move towards your buying decision

just out of the sleeve a powerful 5.1 package without DVD player at a decent prize

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/produc...m-z906?crid=47
My room is around 300 sqft. My budget is around 15-20k. I cant really play it loud as its a flat.
Old 27th September 2014, 15:07   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
My room is around 300 sqft. My budget is around 15-20k. I cant really play it loud as its a flat.
You do have options in Sony, Samsung from 9k onwards called HTIBs home theater in a box with DVD player

But the one I recommended in Logitech is available under 20k online without DVD player.. it's a fantastic product and volume at which you will play is your preference

It's compact yet powerful and aesthetically good for rooms which is say a bedroom.

Do make your choice on your likings

Cheers
Old 27th September 2014, 15:23   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
You do have options in Sony, Samsung from 9k onwards called HTIBs home theater in a box with DVD player
====Cheers
Thanks a lot self-driven. I have had a look at logitech. It looks fantastic.Shall check out the HTIBs and let you know.
Old 27th September 2014, 19:07   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Would some one update me on the availability of any wireless Home theater systems in the market.

I do not have the required piping setup in my home to run the wires of home theater kits and put the speakers at the appropriate places, so planning for a wireless kit.

Hi

Creative has but in stereo configuration, I have seen JBL, onkyo, LG having wireless configurations. But not experienced them since they tend to be small satellite configurations which is not my liking

Suggest you have to experience them as you will be paying for wireless tech than the speaker's power output.

Also check for interference from mobile phone signals when you get calls with the unit playing

Hope I added some value

Cheers
Old 27th September 2014, 20:10   #2243
gemi_kk

Quote:
Hi
Hope I added some value
Cheers
Yes, You definitely have added value.

The search starts for a good unit.

Old 29th September 2014, 10:57   #2244
BHPian

Have decent amount of experince with the below brands and equipments.. Set up a 5.1 last month for my friend and few others in the past, I welcome queries on the same if any

Headphones / Ear phones: Audio Technica, Denon, Sony, Sennheiser

AV / Stereo Amplifiers: Sony, Yamaha(older ones), Pioneer and Denon, Marantz

Speakers: Boston, Polk Audio, Quadral, Creative

Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 05:11   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Yamaha YHT-2910

http://in.yamaha.com/en/products/aud..._w/?mode=model

This will play XBox sound in Dolby digital and will handle other usual connectivity.

This is a pure Audio system and you would need a separate Media player if you need to play movies etc.
Update: I got my 2910 last Friday and after a week of use I am a happy man

Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 6th October 2014, 21:42   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I have a Sony Mini-Hifi System MHC-GN77D whose main unit has conked off. The speakers (ss-gn88d - 2 Nos) and (SS-RS77V 2 Nos) which are quite good still. I was thinking of building a basic 5.1 channel home theater system utilising these four speakers. I am not exactly an expert or an audiophile hence the system need not be high end.

Being a noob i have no idea where to look for to get suggestions on a good amp. Intention is to buy a center speaker and a 5.1 channel amp/AV reciever to run the speakers.

I dont know where to begin to the extent that I dont even really know what kind of economics I am looking at.

Advices welcome.
Old 12th October 2014, 12:11   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hi all,

I have a Sony Mini-Hifi System MHC-GN77D whose main unit has conked off. The speakers (ss-gn88d - 2 Nos) and (SS-RS77V 2 Nos) which are quite good still. I was thinking of building a basic 5.1 channel home theater system utilising these four speakers. I am not exactly an expert or an audiophile hence the system need not be high end.

Being a noob i have no idea where to look for to get suggestions on a good amp. Intention is to buy a center speaker and a 5.1 channel amp/AV reciever to run the speakers.

I dont know where to begin to the extent that I dont even really know what kind of economics I am looking at.

Advices welcome.
The impedance (ohms) that is rated for the 77v speakers you have specified is different from normal impedance rated in AV receiver (6 - 16 ohms). So the 88d shouldn't be a issue, the other one will get undue load from the receiver.

A audiophile will not pair different brands in a 5.1 setup. Entry level Centre is available in Boston at good price though.

Pioneer, denon, have good AV receivers at budget price

1. Use your sony speakers with second hand stereo amplifier available at 3 or 4k
2. Try the options of HTIB, Logitech 5.1 set up or slowly build a complete 5.1 setup

Please mention budget, room size, your hearing preferences

Cheers
Old 30th October 2014, 10:45   #2248
BHPian

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this thread seemed most appropriate:

I have an old pair of AIWA speakers and central unit that is in disuse. The central unit no longer can play cassettes or CDs and will need probably need some new belts and cleaning to be operational again. However, it still does radio just fine.

I really, really like the speakers and don't want to get rid of them but they don't run without the central unit's amplification. We no longer use cassettes or CDs, so we want to get rid of the central unit.

Is it possible to get an amplifier unit for the speakers so they will run with an external audio source, or would aftermarket-amps be no match to what came with the unit?
Old 30th October 2014, 19:57   #2249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this, but this thread seemed most appropriate:

I have an old pair of AIWA speakers and central unit that is in disuse. The central unit no longer can play cassettes or CDs and will need probably need some new belts and cleaning to be operational again. However, it still does radio just fine.

I really, really like the speakers and don't want to get rid of them but they don't run without the central unit's amplification. We no longer use cassettes or CDs, so we want to get rid of the central unit.

Is it possible to get an amplifier unit for the speakers so they will run with an external audio source, or would aftermarket-amps be no match to what came with the unit?
I am in the same boat as you. I have a 15 year old Philips mini-hifi system. Nothing works except the speakers (not even the radio). I have been using the mic-in port (3.5mm jack) to run the speakers as speakers for my laptop and mobile. And even today, the speakers can put the new low-budget home theater systems to shame. I want to salvage the speakers but dad says to throw away the whole because of the bulky central unit and calls it 'junk'. Can I use the speakers in my car somehow (1st preference) or get a better amplifier to used at home (mic-in port setup does ruin the performance)?
Old 30th October 2014, 20:28   #2250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am in the same boat as you. I have a 15 year old Philips mini-hifi system. Nothing works except the speakers (not even the radio). I have been using the mic-in port (3.5mm jack) to run the speakers as speakers for my laptop and mobile. And even today, the speakers can put the new low-budget home theater systems to shame. I want to salvage the speakers but dad says to throw away the whole because of the bulky central unit and calls it 'junk'. Can I use the speakers in my car somehow (1st preference) or get a better amplifier to used at home (mic-in port setup does ruin the performance)?
I think you can buy a stereo amplifier and use it for home audio. I dont know much about it just that I am also planning to do the same with my Sony mini hifi system whose speakers are fine but the deck has been declared beyond salvage.

Some thing like this http://www.snapdeal.com/product/onky...umbLabelId:632

There are cheaper Indian brands available like Norge, Astonia or even Ahuja. Dont know how good they are but.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks