Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 17:31   #1336
Senior - BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

JK, I do not think they have any dealer in India. I think they do not have any dealers in USA either (not sure)

If you have any friends/rel/colleague in USA, ask them to get it for you. They offer some decent discount around 'Thangs giving' holidays.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:41   #1337
BHPian

Is there a JBL showroom in Bangalore? If so where, I am interested in Floor standers for home theatre.

TIA
Old 17th September 2011, 20:02   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Is the Internet tv any different from the usual LED tvs being sold in the market ?

My requirement is as follows:
To have a big flat screen tv connected to the internet, so I can stream Youtube videos on it all day long. Does the Normal LED tv(approx 42" ) do or is the internet TV as advertised different from the normal LED tv?

Can a normal LED tv be connected to the internet all day long for streaming videos?
What is the difference between the normal LED tv and INternet tv?

Please help.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 17th September 2011 at 20:04.
Old 17th September 2011, 22:13   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Internet TV is nothing but a TV with built-in Media player.

You can purchase a media player that has net connectivity (E.g. Xtreamer) and connect to any TV and that TV would become Internet enabled.

With that, you can do Facebook/Skype/Youtube on your TV.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 22:55   #1340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Is the Internet tv any different from the usual LED tvs being sold in the market ?.
"Internet" is a feature.

Remember the days when PC mother boards with LAN cards costed couple of Ks more than similar spec MoBos without a LAN port?

Remember the days when TVs used to trumpet "auto volume levelling" and "blue black screen" as features?

Quote:
My requirement is as follows:
To have a big flat screen tv connected to the internet, so I can stream Youtube videos on it all day long. Does the Normal LED tv(approx 42" ) do or is the internet TV as advertised different from the normal LED tv?
Is not the LAN port standard on such TVs?? If the anwer is "no", please the Greater Power.

Right now, only the PC will squeal on you when you watch p0rn. Or p1r@ted contents. DO you really want your TV too do the same?

Quote:
Can a normal LED tv be connected to the internet all day long for streaming videos?
What is the difference between the normal LED tv and INternet tv?
Most LED / LCD / plasma TVs have a VGA / HDMI output. Most good 2/3 K video cards have HDMI outputs. Why not connect your PC to the TV using VGA/ HDMI?

You can at least, install some aunty virus. Not on the TV.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 20:31   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Is there a JBL showroom in Bangalore? If so where, I am interested in Floor standers for home theatre.

TIA
I guess there is one in Forum Mall, Koramangala. The floor which has Sahib Singh Sultan (2nd floor, i think).
Old 21st September 2011, 11:51   #1342
BHPian

Need a sub woofer(powered) in the range of 10k will be pairing it with my Audioengine A5's,how are these Carnival 7 subwoofer / Carnival / Products / Mordaunt Short or anything better at this price range.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:04   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post

TIA
There is one in Forum Mall, Kormangala and the address is
JBL Entertainment Lounge

S#21, The Forum Mall,
Shop no 203, 2nd Floor,
Hosur Road,
Bengaluru - 560 066

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Need a sub woofer(powered) in the range of 10k will be pairing it with my Audioengine A5's,how are these Carnival 7 subwoofer / Carnival / Products / Mordaunt Short or anything better at this price range.
Yogi I think the cheapest you can find would be the Onkyo SKW 208 and it sells at about 14k or so in Bangalore. I would say save up for a few months and look for something better. I started off with a budget of 15k for my sub and have shelved it now so that I can save a few more quids and get a good one.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:08   #1344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not sure if this would help, but Altec Lansing has a 2.1 (MX5021). it is essentially a desk-top set, but is very very powerful and will do the job! It can be connected to gaming-consoles and possibly amps as well. It costs 9k, if I'm not wrong!
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theater thread-mx5021.jpg  

Old 21st September 2011, 12:14   #1345
BHPian

^^Had these speakers earlier upgraded to A5's and was using the Altec lansing subs along with it,they have gone bad so need a new sub.The carnival 7 subwoofer cost 9.5k.
Old 24th September 2011, 21:44   #1346

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Not sure if this would help, but Altec Lansing has a 2.1 (MX5021). it is essentially a desk-top set, but is very very powerful and will do the job! It can be connected to gaming-consoles and possibly amps as well. It costs 9k, if I'm not wrong!
For the money this AL pack is a very very decent stuff and a great value for money product there for the possible application and usage. Not really worth to abuse it, crank it up right and it should last well unless there happens a tech glitch. PS. i havent used it but heard it at a shop, where i could ask the chap to let me take over for a few mins and listen to this package which he was using for his desktop
Old 25th September 2011, 21:51   #1347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^^Had these speakers earlier upgraded to A5's and was using the Altec lansing subs along with it,they have gone bad so need a new sub.The carnival 7 subwoofer cost 9.5k.
I'm not too great with music systems, and that includes ICE! I'm a noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trehansid View Post
For the money this AL pack is a very very decent stuff and a great value for money product there for the possible application and usage. Not really worth to abuse it, crank it up right and it should last well unless there happens a tech glitch. PS. i havent used it but heard it at a shop, where i could ask the chap to let me take over for a few mins and listen to this package which he was using for his desktop
It is an excellent product. The music is crystal clear and the bass is rich and not intrusive. It doesn't crackle or emit a tinny metallic sound as you crank up the volume either. It's great for a large room. You might not even need a proper home theater if you have the AL MX5021.

I experienced the magic of this set at the Apple Store @ The Forum Mall in Koramangala several years ago. My set is about 5 years old now, and still doesn't disappoint.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 00:54   #1348
BHPian

The MX5021 is not in production,and that too the earlier MX5021 was better than the latter models it had some extra prefix of "e" or something of that kind not sure though.
yogi1771 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 10:05   #1349

Must admit i have zilch experience on computer speakers & 5.1 sets. I could remember this cause i was pleased at what i heard and for someone with that budget, it suited best.

Rest i have been an old skool person, i need wood & i need only two speakers to keep me happy, while i am not an extremist having suggested that, i do enjoy music & gears in most of their form & applications.
Old 27th September 2011, 22:37   #1350
BHPian

Have been gathering some knowledge for a little while and can say that am not zero at it, but surely can benefit from some experts here. Now the reason why i came to this thread is that i plan to gather stuff gradually to build up a great system. I have people travelling outside india so can ask a few folks to carry something
1. What is the best receiver that one should aim for- Denon, Marantz or Yamaha?
2. I guess there are players that take input from hard disk too now?
3. I know only about Sony and Philips as good Blue Rays- any idea on models?
4. Speakers- this is something that has a lot of choices, am confused here
Total Budget is about 1 lac. I think that getting a receiver and maybe speakers can be bought from outside india, singapore/dubai. Will they be cheaper and if so, whats a good buy?
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks