Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 17:18   #2491
Senior - BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

I'd prefer Bose for its deep base and realistic sound. But you audition both and decide. Its your party.

Which one will stand above in between Bose Cinemate 15 & Harman Kardon SB26, as both are available in almost same price range?
Old 10th November 2015, 15:51   #2492
BHPian

I was wondering if any of the experts here can help me with my new home music speaker / system purchase.

Objective: Just need a good music set up at home. I mostly listen to soft warm music to relax and chill. I am not looking for a home theater - 5.1/7.1/9.1 etc.

I am looking for a 2 speaker or 2.1 or good Bluetooth speaker is what I have in mind.

Just to give you an idea at home I have the following:
1. Bose SoundTrue On Ear headphones - I like them a lot as they are very clear across the range
2. Audio Technica ATH-AX3 headphones - They are quite good for the price
3. Creative MUVO Mini - I listen to this while taking a bath

Also, I am not looking for thumping bass, all I am interested in a speaker system which is good to listen to - has good soundstage, has good clarity across the range, like bose headphones that i have they aren't very bass heavy but you can distinguish between different bass beats. Something like that

Budget: I was planing to spend about SG$500 which is about INR 25,000 is this good enough? In this budget I was hoping to buy a 2 speaker or 2.1 speaker system or good Bluetooth speaker

Music: I mostly listen to soft music - Ambient music, Piano music, Ghazals and Old Hindi music (Yesudas songs are my favorite)

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 10th November 2015, 16:06   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_2006 View Post
I was wondering if any of the experts here can help me with my new home music speaker / system purchase.

Objective: Just need a good music set up at home. I mostly listen to soft warm music to relax and chill. I am not looking for a home theater - 5.1/7.1/9.1 etc.

I am looking for a 2 speaker or 2.1 or good Bluetooth speaker is what I have in mind.

Just to give you an idea at home I have the following:
1. Bose SoundTrue On Ear headphones - I like them a lot as they are very clear across the range
2. Audio Technica ATH-AX3 headphones - They are quite good for the price
3. Creative MUVO Mini - I listen to this while taking a bath

Also, I am not looking for thumping bass, all I am interested in a speaker system which is good to listen to - has good soundstage, has good clarity across the range, like bose headphones that i have they aren't very bass heavy but you can distinguish between different bass beats. Something like that

Budget: I was planing to spend about SG$500 which is about INR 25,000 is this good enough? In this budget I was hoping to buy a 2 speaker or 2.1 speaker system or good Bluetooth speaker

Music: I mostly listen to soft music - Ambient music, Piano music, Ghazals and Old Hindi music (Yesudas songs are my favorite)

Thanks in advance for all your help.
You can check Q Acoustics BT3. It has Bluetooth connectivity. It also has sub-out, you can buy a powered sub later if needed. The price range will be higher (if you compare the price in India, but may cost less in Singapore)
Old 10th November 2015, 17:50   #2494
BHPian

Quote:

I purchased the Bose cinemate series II for about 29k from the US about 2 years back. Should be lower or around the same price in Singapore. Look for the older model. It's one of my best buys in terms of VFM, sound effect and ease of use!
Old 11th November 2015, 18:46   #2495
BHPian

Thanks navin (we connected via PM), r_devakumar and diyguy for your inputs

I did some research and am considering the following:

1. audioengine a5+
2. audioengine b2+
3. Bose companion 20
4. Bose soundlink 3
5. Bose Soundtouch 10 or 20
6. Creative SB Roar 2
7. Harman Kardon SoundSticks
8. Harman Kardon Go + Play Wireless
9. Polk Hampden
10. Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS Digital Cinema

All of these should fit within my budget with some stretch, do you guys have any views on these?

In particular, I am quite impressed with Harman Kardon SoundSticks III Wireless, have any of you used it or have any views?
Old 14th November 2015, 23:51   #2496
BHPian

Hi,

Need help selecting a budget 5.1 receiver. The receivers I could shortlist are

1. Pioneer VSX-524K
2. Yamaha HTR-3067 - Rs.25k
3. DenonX500 - Rs.25k

I am not looking for anything fancy. All the current Decoders, HDMI inputs, etc. Standby pass through would be a good feature to have. Seen it in action in Denon X500, not sure about others having it.

What do you guys suggest? Anyone using either of these receivers?

MaSh
Old 16th November 2015, 10:33   #2497
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

I just bought "Philips HTL3140B 200W Soundbar with NFC Bluetooth & Wireless External Sub" from ebay for 13,906/-.

I have connected the same to my 42" LED TV and played music via phone and USB as well. It works like charm and I am happy for what I have paid.

Hope this helps.
Old 27th November 2015, 17:09   #2498
BHPian

Re: Simple n Sleek 2.1 HT for TV/FM?

Could members here suggest me a simple n sleek 2.1 HT, primarily for viewing TV and at times for music. We have built-in provision for 2 rear speakers in the living room.

I am NOT so keen on soundbars. I would prefer, if it has FM tuner, USB and Aux features. Budget =<15K.

Please advise.

Last edited by JMaruru : 27th November 2015 at 17:12.
Old 28th November 2015, 07:21   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could members here suggest me a simple n sleek 2.1 HT, primarily for viewing TV and at times for music. We have built-in provision for 2 rear speakers in the living room.

I am NOT so keen on soundbars. I would prefer, if it has FM tuner, USB and Aux features. Budget =<15K.

Please advise.
Probable Options:

1. Panasonic SC-HT20.
There are Sony equivilants of this too. You could hear them both and decide, I prefer the Panasonic for its sound quality and looks. These are available for around 5000/-. http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer...s/sc-ht20.html

2. PSB Alpha PS1
Active speakers if you can stretch your budget and get something more long term. Cost around 30k. http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/...owered-Speaker

3. You could get a stereo integrated amp and 2 bookshelf speakers. Options here are endless and totally dependent on your taste, future proof ideas, and budget.

MaSh
Old 28th November 2015, 08:13   #2500
BHPian

I have the same need as JMaruru, but am looking for something with HDMI input. Any suggestions? How are the low priced sound bars from Philips?
Old 29th November 2015, 13:04   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Options here are endless and totally dependent on your taste, future proof ideas, and budget. MaSh
+1. So would like to get a first hand feel of home theater setup. Are there any audio outlets in south b'lore which audition these setups?

Please advise.
Old 29th November 2015, 13:59   #2502
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1. So would like to get a first hand feel of home theater setup. Are there any audio outlets in south b'lore which audition these setups?

Please advise.
Not sure about South Bangalore but few places where I have auditioned products are :
1. Onkyo dealership at Barton centre I think (not too sure about this location been 4 years now)
2. Modern Radio outlet at Domlur old airport road
3. Audio planet Koramangala behind BDA Complex
4. Pro FX Barton centre
Old 29th November 2015, 23:09   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
I have the same need as JMaruru, but am looking for something with HDMI input. Any suggestions? How are the low priced sound bars from Philips?
Quote:

Please advise.
You could get a 5.1 receiver and to start with get just the front speakers and then slowly add on other channels as and when you feel the need. Receivers from Brands such as Marantz, Harmon Kardon, Yamaha, etc are quite musical and wil future proof you.

You could head to Pro Fx store in Barton Center, MG Road or any other location convenient to you, to listen to various receiver and speaker combinations. Reliance Digital too has auditioning rooms.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 29th November 2015 at 23:10.
Old 30th November 2015, 10:55   #2504
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of going for a sound base, to save the hassle of wires running around. Are they really good enough? Or is it better to stick to something like the Audioengine 2+ ? I am looking for tight bass and enhanced listening experience - not too much of an audiophile though. Budget i am looking at is about 20K.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:36   #2505
BHPian

Folks, I am looking to add a speaker to my LED tv which sound pretty awful. I am not a music buff although likes soft and tender music notes.

Suggest something which may also have an aux o/p too (for mobiles,ipod etc).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks