Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 12:26   #5506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Ah, just when I was planning to order another Defy. Now wifey is willing to wait so that she can have a better Defy than mine.
That is incredibly dumb a release. We're all already overclocking our phones to 1-1.2 ghz. This has no incremental value for the discerning buyer
Old 16th August 2011, 14:04   #5507
BHPian

Re: Steve "Cyanogen" Kondik joins Samsung Mobile

Steve Kondik, the man behind the CyanogenMod team that makes custom ROMs for Android smartphones, has joined Samsung Mobile as a software engineer.

Steve "Cyanogen" Kondik joins Samsung Mobile - GSMArena.com news
Old 16th August 2011, 17:31   #5508
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That is incredibly dumb a release. We're all already overclocking our phones to 1-1.2 ghz. This has no incremental value for the discerning buyer
Anyway, convinced wifey to stick with the current Defy. No point paying higher for a fancy + symbol. What's the best on Defy these days, any letsbuy coupons still active? Will the price drop due to Defy+ announcement?

http://coupons7.net/letsbuy-coupon-code/

Last edited by Samurai : 16th August 2011 at 17:35.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:45   #5509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Anyway, convinced wifey to stick with the current Defy. No point paying higher for a fancy + symbol. What's the best on Defy these days, any letsbuy coupons still active? Will the price drop due to Defy+ announcement?

Letsbuy Coupon Code – Coupon, Discount & Promo Code for Letsbuy
If Defy prices are dropping significantly due to Defy+ launch, I will definitely buy one for my wife and I can use it for my rooting & OC related experiments as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Steve Kondik, the man behind the CyanogenMod team that makes custom ROMs for Android smartphones, has joined Samsung Mobile as a software engineer.

Steve "Cyanogen" Kondik joins Samsung Mobile - GSMArena.com news

Oops... does this mean the end of road for Cyanogen ROMs? Anyway, congrats to him. That's the way to get hired.

Last edited by clevermax : 16th August 2011 at 18:50.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:52   #5510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Letsbuy Coupon Code – Coupon, Discount & Promo Code for Letsbuy
I got my defy on last Tuesday. Paid 14199 INR. The coupons work (discount 1200) but if you want COD, then those won't work.

Overall, I like the phone. Got the full body protector from Gadgetshieldz, although the screen film did not get installed well. Will have to order one more from Gadgetshieldz just for the screen. Don't like the bubbles!

The phone has crashed at least once so far, the phone did not reboot, but I saw android word on the screen at the center. On a couple of occasions, the I got a call and the screen did not become active. Tried pressing power on button, that too did not work. So, could not figure out who was calling till the phone stopped ringing.
On one occasion, the display came up alright, but when someone called, the screen did not change (it still showed the home screen). Had to wait till the missed call notification came up to figure out who called.

All, in all, a mixed experience with Android so far. Note, I have just got a few map applications downloaded and installed so far. No other changes to the phone hardware or software.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:55   #5511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops... does this mean the end of road for Cyanogen ROMs?
May be. But as long as the XDA developers forums exists we will have some fantastic mods like the litening rom or the ninphetamine kernel.

For the first time my phone lasted over a day. 1d and 6 hrs had 32 % left. Only problem was the 32% got swallowed in 1 hr of gaming.

The SGS2 is not for gaming if you worry about battery
Old 16th August 2011, 19:08   #5512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But Google is aquiring only the mobiles division- Motorola Mobilty, which is has a rather weak base now, compared to main competition.
List of their products.

Well, looks like Google will no longer have to depend on other manufacturers for an "official" Google phone.
And surely, Andriod will work better on their phones (just as gmail is better on chrome and hotmail on ie)

PS: And they have got the set-top boxes division for their next foray (television)... Great deal, i say...
Old 16th August 2011, 19:47   #5513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
May be. But as long as the XDA developers forums exists we will have some fantastic mods like the litening rom or the ninphetamine kernel.

For the first time my phone lasted over a day. 1d and 6 hrs had 32 % left. Only problem was the 32% got swallowed in 1 hr of gaming.

The SGS2 is not for gaming if you worry about battery
have you disabled fast dormancy ?
Old 17th August 2011, 09:53   #5514
BANNED

Folks, Google buying out Motorola division has more to do with the Patents War. Until you have some Core Patents you are likely to be priced off (royalty issues). With Apple and Microsoft joining hand due to which Google lost the last couple of bids to a consortium with the pair, they had no options but to get a patent portfolio of their own.

Naturally, Android franchisees are worried. There is rumour that htc may expand Sense into a full brand!
Old 17th August 2011, 10:24   #5515
BHPian

Guys, what is the difference between nandroid backup and titanium backup? Which onetakes the backup of all the settings and memory? I flashed so many rom's but haven't maintained a backup till now..
Old 17th August 2011, 10:52   #5516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Guys, what is the difference between nandroid backup and titanium backup? Which onetakes the backup of all the settings and memory? I flashed so many rom's but haven't maintained a backup till now..
Ive used titanium.
It created a back-up of all my apps on my sd card, along with the user details for each app.
That means that after a flashed a new rom, i could restore something like, say, drag racing (apt, eh?), and it restored my username, all my money, my RPs, and my cars.
is that what youre looking for?
Old 17th August 2011, 12:46   #5517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I got my defy on last Tuesday. Paid 14199 INR. The coupons work (discount 1200) but if you want COD, then those won't work.
Is that so for all products bought on letsbuy ? No coupons for COD ?
Old 17th August 2011, 12:59   #5518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Is that so for all products bought on letsbuy ? No coupons for COD ?
I think only prepaid orders are discounted and some products are cheaper with icici coupon and some with rcom one.
It lets you use each of the coupon only once
I just ordered a couple of pen drives using hsbc coupon
Old 17th August 2011, 13:08   #5519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
It lets you use each of the coupon only once
Could you stress more on the above part. Do you mean, one can use a coupon only once per product or once per account and not for subsequent purchases ?
Whats the hsbc code ?
Old 17th August 2011, 13:22   #5520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

Ive used titanium.
It created a back-up of all my apps on my sd card, along with the user details for each app.
That means that after a flashed a new rom, i could restore something like, say, drag racing (apt, eh?), and it restored my username, all my money, my RPs, and my cars.
is that what youre looking for?
That's ok... what about contacts, Calender, phone and external memory?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks