Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 15:47   #6196
BHPian

Re: Data Conn. on P500?

I am having few issues after i got the 2.3.3 update from LG on my P500. Now all of a sudden, the data connection has gone. The data is enabled in the settings. I am not able to see the familiar data connection logo on the notification area. What i might be the issue here?
Old 14th October 2011, 17:03   #6197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

The galaxy S2 has a mobile tracking feature too, right ? But I can't see that app anywhere!

Why?
Old 14th October 2011, 17:16   #6198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The galaxy S2 has a mobile tracking feature too, right ? But I can't see that app anywhere!

Why?
Go to this site to activate it Samsung DIVE
Old 14th October 2011, 18:03   #6199
Senior - BHPian

Samsung DIVE requires lot of patience...instead use some 3rd party application that will help.

Samsung DIVE is really slow and may not work most of the time.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:43   #6200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Samsung DIVE requires lot of patience...instead use some 3rd party application that will help.
Samsung DIVE is really slow and may not work most of the time.
Spot on! The funny part is after going thru' all the hassles of setting up the account, the app wouldn't work because our region (India) is not supported. I got this message about a couple of months back while trying to set up my i9000. Don't know if things have changed now.

BTW came across this app called tektrak to locate your lost phone. It claims to do everything that Samsung Dive can do and works pretty well too! It comes with two free trials. You have to pay $4.99 to upgrade to the pro version or refer to your friends to get more free trials.

Link: Welcome - tektrak

EDIT: Just logged into my Dive account to check if it supports our region. Check out the screenshot, it still doesn't atleast for the i9000

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-untitled.png

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th October 2011 at 18:52.
Old 14th October 2011, 20:37   #6201
BANNED

Just installed 7.1 andro-id cyanogenmod on S5570 mini. coool, dark, new and faster interface, crashy TB, .... just exploring the new ROM :-D

Any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am having few issues after i got the 2.3.3 update from LG on my P500. Now all of a sudden, the data connection has gone. The data is enabled in the settings. I am not able to see the familiar data connection logo on the notification area. What i might be the issue here?

Check if the apn settings are there. If in doubt, simply reboot the phone.
Old 14th October 2011, 21:35   #6202
Senior - BHPian

Ok..a couple of things I noticed.

The Google maps mod with navigation doesn't work, force closes after a while. Both the apk's the ownhere and the maps.apk don't work. Any idea ?

Also tried the Speaktoit assistant - one word. BAD !

Downloaded Vlingo - much much better, faster and more responsive.

Also the 4square and Juice defender apps are not updating from the market - why ?
Old 14th October 2011, 21:43   #6203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Isn't forwarding office mail to your gmail against company policies?

Your office uses ms exchange server? We are outlook users at office but it's not exchange server yet. So a simple imap configuration is enough for us. Enable push mail if you are using a mail client like K-9 and you get mails instantly.

Btw, does the default email client in Android support exchange server configuration?
Our network admin doesn't allow it, but he hasn't forced it yet. We don't use exchange server. I did a simple pop3 configuration and it worked. Default email client does work good. We were planning to get Gmail business accounts, that is why this query.

BTW, I am curious, why is not gmail recommended? What if we forward company emails from outlook and our server to gmail on android? What are the risk apart from lost/stolen mobile and stuff. Would love to know your opinion. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
first off, check if your policies allow accessing mails on non company devices.

If so, your andro client, buit in, needs just the pop/smtp details, password, username etc etc.
in fact most clients on the market need the same.
otherwise, if security is paramount, your office would configure a BB for you.(just quoting what happens with me)
This policy to access emails was for company devices. Most users have BB, but they are getting fed up with lots of problem they face with BB. So recently 2 BB Bold 9700 died on two users so they are switching to android getting Galaxy S, so we need to configure their email so they can sync with outlook emails. So i was just testing all this.
Old 14th October 2011, 23:15   #6204
Senior - BHPian

Which is the BEST custom ROM for the SGS2 - where all the major apps like wifi, BT, GPS work out of the box ?

Lots of ROM's have issues - sometimes GPS, sometimes BT - so before I flash a custom ROM - I need to know which ones work as flawlessly as the OE ROM (I know that's asking a lot).
Old 15th October 2011, 08:44   #6205
Senior - BHPian

@Normally_Crazy

Litening 6.1, Batista 2.2(Though some have reported FC), Leomar 2.7.1(My favorite) and CM7.1

All the above are very stable and gives a lot of options to set up Theme, look and feel.

Check rom, Darky rom are also stable.
Old 15th October 2011, 09:13   #6206
BANNED

One thing that is irritating me through upgrades and resets is loss of contact grouping. (work, family, friends, etc).Exporting to .vCard saves the contacts and their photos alright, but I lose the grouping info. Any solution?
Old 15th October 2011, 09:25   #6207
Senior - BHPian

@BackseatDriver

Till date i have been using the restore data option and have never faced any issue. The ROM changes but my apps, my data and my contact groups are all intact.

Many here dont advice restore data and advice titanium restore, but so far i have faced no issues, fc or problems with just advance restore data(only)option from Nandroid backup.

Wont the google sync take care of this?
Old 15th October 2011, 09:56   #6208
Senior - BHPian

Folks

My data manager takes long to open. Is it due to the size of accumulated data? Should I do some clean up? It has 5+ MB now.
Attached Images

Old 15th October 2011, 10:15   #6209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
@Normally_Crazy

Litening 6.1, Batista 2.2(Though some have reported FC), Leomar 2.7.1(My favorite) and CM7.1

All the above are very stable and gives a lot of options to set up Theme, look and feel.

Check rom, Darky rom are also stable.
all these stable roms have everything work cleanly, like wifi, bt, gps?
Old 15th October 2011, 11:29   #6210
BHPian

Re: Data Conn. on P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Dear @JMaruru

Uninstall any/all apps related to network speed measurement or network watchdog kind of apps. These interfere with normal data settings.

After things normalize you can use one of them at a time and upgrade gradually for compatibility sake.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks