Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 14:21   #7321
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I have a Galaxy Ace, and off late I observed that the display just goes blank one I dial a number. If I am using an IVR, I just cant enter any numbers once I connect since the phone just goes blank. Any keys are not helping. Any pointers if there is a fix/hack/upgrade to fix this problem?

thanks in advance.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:49   #7322
Senior - BHPian

I still have data usage bumping up even with all data turned off on my Defy ! Dont know what to do.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:50   #7323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl
I have a Galaxy Ace, and off late I observed that the display just goes blank one I dial a number. If I am using an IVR, I just cant enter any numbers once I connect since the phone just goes blank. Any keys are not helping. Any pointers if there is a fix/hack/upgrade to fix this problem?

thanks in advance.
There may be a problem with proximity sensor or Have you put screen guard recently. If you are on custom rom there is an option to turn off the sensor which keeps the screen on while you are on call...
Old 11th January 2012, 15:16   #7324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey guys, got my Galaxy Note yesterday and loving it! Obviously, since am a smartphone noob, have not even used 0.5% of its functionality yet, but I like whatever I have used so far. And all those worried about how big it is need not worry- slips easy as pie into a pocket and the free flip cover they provide is uber-useful!

Got it off Letsbuy.com for 32,700/- and it's supposed to include a free Jabra BT headset which did not get shipped (will check with them, it's a much needed accesory if you ask me). In fact this model is selling like hot cakes and most retail stores in Pune are selling it at MRP (35K) so I got a sweet deal in the end. Had booked it late last week, so got it pretty quickly.
Congrats Man. Slips into pocket really easy. My Boss does not leave that at all. In one hand he has a cigarette and other he keeps browsing in the Note. The Flip Cover is really useful accesory

And the price of Note seems to be increasing day by day. First phone was for 28.5k + Octroi (Sulekha Deals) in Pune. Second one in office was for Rs 33k.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:05   #7325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Congrats Man. Slips into pocket really easy. My Boss does not leave that at all. In one hand he has a cigarette and other he keeps browsing in the Note. The Flip Cover is really useful accesory

And the price of Note seems to be increasing day by day. First phone was for 28.5k + Octroi (Sulekha Deals) in Pune. Second one in office was for Rs 33k.
Friends, i wanted to go for this phone on the day of its launch and was offered a real nice deal from my dealer. Did not opt for it as in next two quarters SGS3 is expected with 1.8GHZ of processor. Currently i am using SGS2 on which i have over clocked my processor to 1.6GHZ. It works like a charm and battery backup is really great.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:43   #7326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Friends, i wanted to go for this phone on the day of its launch and was offered a real nice deal from my dealer. Did not opt for it as in next two quarters SGS3 is expected with 1.8GHZ of processor. Currently i am using SGS2 on which i have over clocked my processor to 1.6GHZ. It works like a charm and battery backup is really great.
so what do you think is the sgs3 soon? or should one buy the note?
Old 11th January 2012, 17:04   #7327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
so what do you think is the sgs3 soon? or should one buy the note?
It totally depends. I may not prefer spending 30k+ for a mobile which has screen just few inches bigger than mine. Regarding the processor speed I can always over clock my CPU by using various ROM's and rooting my phone.

SGS3 is expected in 1st quarter of 2012 or max b y 2nd quarter of 2012 with 1.8GHZ or 2.0 GHZ of CPU quad core CPU with 1.5 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory and screen is specially being developed for SGS3 (Super amoled III)
Old 11th January 2012, 17:05   #7328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I still have data usage bumping up even with all data turned off on my Defy ! Dont know what to do.
98rs plan? How much data usage? i have the 2Gb plan and rarely exceed 800mb.are your apps auto-updating? (many do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post

thanks in advance.
Sounds like a proximity sensor malfunction. or that your custom ROM has some issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
well there are enough forums on internet filled with this kind of problems! And thts true for every droid out there! (by every droid i mean all models) if your phone doesnt hve this problem, this does not mean this problem does not exist. the first time my phone died on me, I was totally cracked! I scrounged internet and then came to know about this wonderful property (or should we call it a feature) of Android and the wonderful thing called fragmentation and how that is single handedly the biggest headache of all the ODMs (Original Device Manufacturers). it is the reason why my droid is not going to see ICS before 6 months (by that time ICS would be too old) and theres another statistic that says 7 out of 18 mobiles never see the latest android in their life!
!
Fragmention is a fact of such a market - what's new? You earlier ranted about android's stability now you talk about fragmentation. Let's sort out one thing first? please correlate the stability point 1st.
Old 11th January 2012, 18:29   #7329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I am on XXKPQ. Which firmware are you on ? I rarely use silent mode. But I haven't encountered this issue even when I am on silent mode. I use swype.
Correction : I am on 2.3.5 XXKPM. not XXKPQ.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:43   #7330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Got it off Letsbuy.com for 32,700/- and it's supposed to include a free Jabra BT headset which did not get shipped (will check with them, it's a much needed accesory if you ask me). In fact this model is selling like hot cakes and most retail stores in Pune are selling it at MRP (35K) so I got a sweet deal in the end. Had booked it late last week, so got it pretty quickly.
Hey Noop,
I am not sure if you guys have heard of Klisma. Basically if you are from an IT company from Pune, you can buy stuff from Klisma. The current offer for a store buy of the Galaxy Note through them is 31k.

OT : Other offers through Klisma include an Activa in 5 days flat, cheaper TVs and loads of other things. I have bought a few books through them, and found them to be at par/cheaper than flipkart rates.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:52   #7331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku

There may be a problem with proximity sensor or Have you put screen guard recently. If you are on custom rom there is an option to turn off the sensor which keeps the screen on while you are on call...
Thanks. I did put a screen guard but this issue is after a recent firmware upgrade by samsung. How to check this issue with proximity sensor?
Old 12th January 2012, 01:51   #7332
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I did put a screen guard but this issue is after a recent firmware upgrade by samsung. How to check this issue with proximity sensor?
dial *#*#0588#*#* to check if your proximity sensor works.If there is an option to recalibrate,use that.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:26   #7333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a remote chance that some of the application you installed with the previous firmware are now playing foul. If you installed all the apps on memory card, try removing the memory card and see if that solves your problem.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:20   #7334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
98rs plan? How much data usage? i have the 2Gb plan and rarely exceed 800mb.are your apps auto-updating? (many do)
I have turned off all updates. But if the master control in Data Manager turns off all data, shouldn't it just stop is completely.
I am finding the configuration in Android a little cumbersome, there are exceptions for some things you do and are not honest and straightforward.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:54   #7335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I have turned off all updates. But if the master control in Data Manager turns off all data, shouldn't it just stop is completely.
I am finding the configuration in Android a little cumbersome, there are exceptions for some things you do and are not honest and straightforward.
It does that. Infact, you should just use the power widget described by clevermax (for CM). That works perfectly.

You may have turned off (bkgrnd) data sync. that is not the same as zero data.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks