Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:07   #8716
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Well the site's crashed. It was the official 'teaser' video. We still have to wait for 3rd of May for the launch -

damp squib...
Its a game still. I un scrambled the words. It seems to be 'galaxy' 'the' 'next'.
So i think the new URL is thenextgalaxy.com

It seems to exist (ping returns IP address) but times out after couple of minutes.

Last edited by clevermax : 23rd April 2012 at 17:09.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:09   #8717
Senior - BHPian

Here's another link that works with the teaser video.
Samsung Galaxy S III video teaser goes live - NDTVGadgets.com
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:19   #8718
Senior - BHPian

The site's name is an anagram for "The Next Galaxy" Considering the interest its generating and the people lining up, I guess the S3 will be a runaway success.
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:52   #8719
Team-BHP Support

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Ace. For some reason, all online apps are working but i cant connect to the internet. I installed Opera but same problem.

The data transfer icon on the top is showing red n yellow whenever i use the online apps.
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:52   #8720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The site's name is an anagram for "The Next Galaxy" Considering the interest its generating and the people lining up, I guess the S3 will be a runaway success.
The site thenextgalaxy.com simply redirects to their youtube page, where a galaxynote video is shown! Where is the S3 thing???
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:07   #8721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The site thenextgalaxy.com simply redirects to their Youtube page, where a galaxynote video is shown! Where is the S3 thing???
S3 is only coming next month. This is great way to build up excitement to a new product launch. Quite well done Samsung I should say.
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:47   #8722
BHPian

Just Relax guys. May 3 is coming soon. Those planning to buy a top end smartphone should wait a bit more. Of course I am not sure that it is going to be the S3 but it seems like its going to be a good phone. People have already set very high expectations from this phone and this teaser promises that. Let the wait begin!
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:52   #8723
Senior - BHPian

Don't mean to start any wars. But this is a pretty awesome video about Android Usability. It is in 4 parts. A must watch for all android phone users. There are many things which you may have never used. I found one which is Chrome to Phone. I am using it and its awesome.

Old 23rd April 2012, 22:57   #8724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
S3 is only coming next month. This is great way to build up excitement to a new product launch. Quite well done Samsung I should say.
Yes that's correct.. it will be a success story I believe. I like the way they are comparing iPhone fans to sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Don't mean to start any wars. But this is a pretty awesome video about Android Usability. It is in 4 parts. A must watch for all android phone users. There are many things which you may have never used. I found one which is Chrome to Phone. I am using it and its awesome.
I had shared these videos some pages back. Yes it is interesting to watch. iPhone users will never agree to anything shown in it.
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:01   #8725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had shared these videos some pages back. Yes it is interesting to watch. iPhone users will never agree to anything shown in it.
Sorry, i may have missed it. Pretty awesome videos. All very logical and neatly laid out. Some things shown with froyo too. I have both too just like that guy and i agree, Android is somehow more productive than iphone. Without JB, its really restrictive. Great job Google.

Last edited by chevelle : 23rd April 2012 at 23:04.
Old 24th April 2012, 09:14   #8726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle

Sorry, i may have missed it. Pretty awesome videos. All very logical and neatly laid out. Some things shown with froyo too. I have both too just like that guy and i agree, Android is somehow more productive than iphone. Without JB, its really restrictive. Great job Google.
Have you tried showing this to iPhone fans? They will make you believe that he is saying totally wrong things....

I agree that Android user experience is more straight forward and things can be more easily done, but in iPhone you have to get used to that specialized way of using it, then it becomes comfortable. Without JB our with a developer account, most of these things are not possible in an iPhone.

Last edited by clevermax : 24th April 2012 at 09:17.
Old 24th April 2012, 09:45   #8727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that's correct.. it will be a success story I believe. I like the way they are comparing iPhone fans to sheep
Yes S3 might be a success story but I will not buy it. If you ask me, if I buy an Android next, it will always be the Google phone! Sick and tired of waiting forever for updates with other OEM phones.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:38   #8728
Senior - BHPian

The 3rd Samsung Google Nexus-S (CDMA) joins the family for my son, at a killer price of 12K. All of them updated to Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0.4 - Review: Samsung Google Nexus-S 4G From Sprint - Curvy Babe - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums
Old 24th April 2012, 23:00   #8729
BHPian

I am using a HTC HD2 with CM Android 2.3.7. It is the T-mobile version.
It's acting up all weird since a couple of days. It reboots after a 30 odd minute call or on any heavy usage. Read online that there is a heating issue which in turn causes the CPU Grid array to heat up and thus it restarts. But it loads successfully only once after it cools down.
Anyone facing any similar issues? Ideas?
Old 25th April 2012, 00:05   #8730
BHPian

Anyone visiting the USA can now pick up the galaxy nexus GSM version directly from the google play store. unlocked and without contract for a low price of <20K

Google back in the smartphone sales game: unlocked Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (GSM) available for $399 -- Engadget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks