Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2013, 18:08   #13381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
The original 1500 mah battery is for Rs 1867 (http://www.ebay.in/itm/SCUD-1500mAh-...#ht_2994wt_934)
Looks good. But how can you say it is original? Since this is an import I won't get the standard 6 month warranty as well. After spending Rs. 1800, I would surely like to have manufacturer backed warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post

Thanks for the information. What is Smartools used for? Can we pay for the apps in INR?
Best to checkout the features on the playstore.
You can pay via Indian credit card.
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:13   #13382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Thanks Rajesh. How does it compare to Karbonn A9+ .... any other phone you considered during this purchase?
@aditya101, Karbonn A9+ was just launched when I purchased A21 and there was no demo piece available for performance comparison. A21 has bigger screen, better built and very less radiation figure compare to A9+ These factors helped in finalising my purchase. Overall I am happy with the performance of A21 except for the loud speaker quality.

Lenovo S560 is much better than A21 and it has Dolby Sound quality, but it is costlier by 3K+

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:02   #13383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Can we pay for the apps in INR?
Yes you can. Basically you register a credit card to the wallet service (for Play) and the payment is debited in INR. No extra charges are deducted.
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:12   #13384
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used either the PlayerPro music player or Poweramp player, full version [both, paid apps]. Which one is better?

Both are highly rated and top two android music players [Poweramp more downloaded]. Appreciate if users can share your views. Thanks.

aK
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:15   #13385
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of Purchasing Samsung Galaxy Sduos for my Mom.
She is currently using Iphone 3G,and due to new updates,she cannot use Viber\Whats App etc.How is the Samsung Sduos?
Any better phones in and around 15K budget?,
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:52   #13386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
She is currently using Iphone 3G,and due to new updates,she cannot use Viber\Whats App etc.How is the Samsung Sduos?
Get LG Optimus L9 P765 from here

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...nt=lg-videocon
Old 4th January 2013, 00:15   #13387
BHPian

Quote:
How is the Samsung Sduos?
Most of the features are similar to that of Galaxy SII. It is for Dual Sim. Good on features and processing speed for this price range. If your need is not for dual sim then don't buy this phone. There are better value buys for Single sim phone.

Quote:
You can look in HTC and LG for same 12K to 15K Range which will provide you good options. Micromax A110 is also good one to consider for just 10K.
Old 4th January 2013, 00:17   #13388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Has anyone used either the PlayerPro music player or Poweramp player, full version [both, paid apps]. Which one is better?

Both are highly rated and top two android music players [Poweramp more downloaded]. Appreciate if users can share your views. Thanks.

aK
PowerAmp is great. Just loving it...
It has pretty much all the features you could want and then some..

Do get the trial version (15 days) before putting your money down.
Old 4th January 2013, 00:26   #13389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Looks good. But how can you say it is original? Since this is an import I won't get the standard 6 month warranty as well. After spending Rs. 1800, I would surely like to have manufacturer backed warranty.
But from where would you get 'original' battery? I don't know if service centers would sell it over the counter. And retailers had stopped selling Moto devices (and accessories) a long time back.

So your best bet is either Ebay GEB or Motorola official webstore and getting it through an importer.
Quote:
There has been a recent price drop on Sony Xperia Sola and it is now available for 15-16k.

Other options include HTC One V and Desire V and the hot-selling Micromax A101 (the latest launch).
Old 4th January 2013, 12:00   #13390
BHPian

Quote:
Query regarding OTG access for Micromax A110. I could connect a pendrive [tried 8 & 16gb yet] and access files from within it. But I couldn't access my 200gb portable harddisk when connected using the OTG.

Is accessing such a huge storage not possible or am I doing something incorrectly?
I just tried powered external HDD of 500GB and it works fine. Is your HDD powered?
Old 4th January 2013, 13:15   #13391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
I just tried powered external HDD of 500GB and it works fine. Is your HDD powered?
The portable HDD is powered via the USB, not externally powered like my 1TB desktop disk. Is that possibly the reason why the portable is not being detected by the phone [it is unable to power the portable disk]?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
PowerAmp is great. Just loving it...
It has pretty much all the features you could want and then some..

Do get the trial version (15 days) before putting your money down.
Thanks Agambhandari, glad to note that. Will try the trial and go for the pro version. PowerAmp is the more downloaded app of the two, so not surprised by your recommendation.

Also, anyone to recommend a great weather app please? The Micromax one is good [with humidity, wind speed/direction] but looking for something better [except Go Weather, already seen it].

Thanks.

Last edited by k_ajay : 4th January 2013 at 13:19.
Old 4th January 2013, 15:28   #13392
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I have this query for a friend who upgraded from Nokia X1-01 to Micromax A110. How can he easily transfer the contacts? The old phone does not seem to have any USB/Bluetooth connectivity so PC Sync is not an option. Is there any other way to transfer contact other then using the SIM card to do this ?
Old 4th January 2013, 15:30   #13393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
But from where would you get 'original' battery? I don't know if service centers would sell it over the counter. And retailers had stopped selling Moto devices (and accessories) a long time back.
Called up PC Support from the link that Motorola support provided me via email.

They can arrange for the battery if I make advance payment. The cost of BF battery is around 950 and comes with 3 month warranty. However it is out of stock and will need 2-3 days.

Looks like a fair price if it is original.

HF series battery is available and costs about 200-300 more. But I think that won't be compatible with Defy.

Edit: List of all India Motorola service center:
http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...ce-Centers.pdf

Last edited by S_U_N : 4th January 2013 at 15:31.
Old 4th January 2013, 15:39   #13394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hello Guys,
I have this query for a friend who upgraded from Nokia X1-01 to Micromax A110. How can he easily transfer the contacts? The old phone does not seem to have any USB/Bluetooth connectivity so PC Sync is not an option. Is there any other way to transfer contact other then using the SIM card to do this ?
I see that the Nokia has a memory slot. I am assuming there is an option to export all the contacts from the phone to a .vcf file or something equivalent. Once you do that and save this file on the card, you can use it to import all contacts into the MM A110. All assumptions - but maybe this is an option.
Old 4th January 2013, 16:20   #13395
BHPian

Quote:
The portable HDD is powered via the USB, not externally powered like my 1TB desktop disk. Is that possibly the reason why the portable is not being detected by the phone [it is unable to power the portable disk]?

Also, anyone to recommend a great weather app please? The Micromax one is good [with humidity, wind speed/direction] but looking for something better [except Go Weather, already seen it].

Thanks.
Have a look at

1) Fancy Widgets.
2) Transparent weather clock.

I have used Fancy widgets free version for more than 6 months now and now using Transparent weather clock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks