Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 08:52   #15511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

You sir, are the man. Please advise regarding the screen, responsiveness, call quality (esp on the move) - is the chipset MTK6589 or MTK6589M? The latter is rather under-specced but is now standard on Q800 :(

My sister needs to buy one after her Sony xperia mini screen conked off and a new LCD costs like 7k without any warranty while in 10-12k she gets a new Xolo

She is considering the GG/ GG Quattro, but would help if u can give your impressions of both phones
Also, do suggest her to have a look at xolo Q700:
quad core, 1gb ram, 4.3" IPS display, with what they call as OSG something.
One of mine colleague has bought it for 9500 rs & it felt very smooth & lag free on JB 4.2.
Also screen viewing angles & look, build quality of it were decent.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:17   #15512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Also, do suggest her to have a look at xolo Q700:
quad core, 1gb ram, 4.3" IPS display, with what they call as OSG something.
One of mine colleague has bought it for 9500 rs & it felt very smooth & lag free on JB 4.2.
Also screen viewing angles & look, build quality of it were decent.
Nope dada,

Q800 came for 9700 last month itself, but that was the MT6589M chipset (same as Q700), which doesnt have a good cam (non BSI sensor) or graphics chipset (150 vs 286 mhz for GPU). At first glance Q700 looks nice, yes!

Hence the hunt for a pre-apr piece of Q800 or the Q1000 or Gionee Elife E3.
Old 24th June 2013, 10:36   #15513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Nope dada,

Q800 came for 9700 last month itself, but that was the MT6589M chipset (same as Q700), which doesnt have a good cam (non BSI sensor) or graphics chipset (150 vs 286 mhz for GPU). At first glance Q700 looks nice, yes!

Hence the hunt for a pre-apr piece of Q800 or the Q1000 or Gionee Elife E3.
April units of the q800 were also ok. Plus the new units are also said to be back to the original chipset. You may check the same with local dealers. If you are in Bangalore I can recommend a dealer else just check on the xolo website and start making calls. Most dealers are not shy from telling you the date on the box. (that's what I did).
Old 24th June 2013, 10:51   #15514
BHPian

After spending over a decade with Symbian, have switched to Android.
Want to know which are the apps which would help us petrol heads? Have absolutely no idea...its a feeling of time travel for me from the stone-age.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:46   #15515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
After spending over a decade with Symbian, have switched to Android.
Want to know which are the apps which would help us petrol heads? Have absolutely no idea...its a feeling of time travel for me from the stone-age.
aCar, CSR racing to start off.

The fun way to do it is think of whatever purpose you would want your phone to be able to solve. And then search for it on Play.
It will be there, 99% of the time.

Thats the charm of android.
Happy explorations!
Old 24th June 2013, 12:43   #15516
BANNED

I have a "HTC Desire X" - what's the cheapest decent quality car charger I can buy to use with it?
Old 24th June 2013, 17:31   #15517
BHPian

So for the first time I decided to do some hardcore gaming on my S4. Was playing Modern Combat 4 for a good 25 minutes. Must say, the graphics blew me away! For all this while, never did I get even a hint of lag. Gameplay is really good and addictive. But for the first time in my 45 days of ownership, the top part of the screen started to get warm while playing. It used to get a bit warm while charging too (but the S4 has a 2 amp wall charger so guess that's normal). But this is the first time while actually using the phone (that too while gaming immediately after downloading over 1.2GB of data over Wi-fi) it started to warm up. I know the S4 does have heating issues. But how do I know if mine is heating a bit too much? Should I get it replaced? I hope not
Old 24th June 2013, 18:23   #15518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
So for the first time I decided to do some hardcore gaming on my S4. Was playing Modern Combat 4 for a good 25 minutes. Must say, the graphics blew me away! For all this while, never did I get even a hint of lag. Gameplay is really good and addictive. But for the first time in my 45 days of ownership, the top part of the screen started to get warm while playing. It used to get a bit warm while charging too (but the S4 has a 2 amp wall charger so guess that's normal). But this is the first time while actually using the phone (that too while gaming immediately after downloading over 1.2GB of data over Wi-fi) it started to warm up. I know the S4 does have heating issues. But how do I know if mine is heating a bit too much? Should I get it replaced? I hope not
Put in a battery monitor app. Heavy usage can bring battery temperature upto 44,but that's still within operating ranges. Standby would drop it to 32,or thereabouts.
See if you exceed that. 44 does feel quite hot on the hands.
Old 24th June 2013, 18:28   #15519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a "HTC Desire X" - what's the cheapest decent quality car charger I can buy to use with it?
I think all the new android phones have micro usb as the charging port. You can buy a belkin car charger from ebay.in. Will cost you about 250 rupees. But you have use charging cable (assuming it is detachable) of your phone to connect this car charger to phone port. I am using the Belkin charger for about 1.5 years.
Old 24th June 2013, 19:39   #15520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Put in a battery monitor app. Heavy usage can bring battery temperature upto 44,but that's still within operating ranges. Standby would drop it to 32,or thereabouts.
See if you exceed that. 44 does feel quite hot on the hands.
Thanks!
Will do this and check for sometime.
Could you please suggest an app?
Old 24th June 2013, 20:08   #15521
HKS
BHPian

By the way, I need a budget as my office phone. What do you guys think of this device? http://www.***************/reviews/ph...ew/2013/06/23/
Old 24th June 2013, 23:39   #15522
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a BT stereo headset for android phones need A2DP

Any feedback on iBall Groovy and Amkette ? Nokia BH 505 is another option in my mind
Old 25th June 2013, 08:52   #15523
BANNED

Just got an htc Desire X to replace the Wildfire S for my wife. Very impressive.

Three queries:

OTA Jellybean (4.1.x) not available from update! Any URL for it? I know it has been released.

Any way of moving the call records to the new phone?

I hear that one take a backup of all apps, data etc on Google prior to updating the OS.

I have neither unlocked to bootloader nor rooted the Desire. Wildfire was!
Old 25th June 2013, 09:08   #15524
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 rather unique queries :

1. Whatsapp - The unique thing about whatsapp is that 1 can save anybody's number and can easily see if he/she is on whatsapp and go msg'ing away. That is exactly what I don't want. I do not want my name to popup in every contact's Whatsapp list and I don't want Tom Dick Harry and all there brethren to be able to see me and msg me. I know about block but I will still show up as being on whatsapp. I don't want that too.
Easiest would be to get out of it..I use it with friends..not business. There is too much of the latter. hence the query.

2. Contacts - All phones today are talking about consolidating all social networking contacts under People. All good. but, I've installed Linkedin on my phone and by default all my linkedin connection pop up in my contacts. 1000's of them. Not cool.
Is there any old school contacts app that will show only phone number and email id. thats it. no..not even whatsapp.

I know my queries are an anti-thesis of todays social theme of mobile connectivity but then, that is what I'd like to see.

looking forward for your suggestions/comments..etc etc
Old 25th June 2013, 09:13   #15525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just got an htc Desire X to replace the Wildfire S for my wife. Very impressive.

Three queries:

OTA Jellybean (4.1.x) not available from update! Any URL for it? I know it has been released.

Any way of moving the call records to the new phone?

I hear that one take a backup of all apps, data etc on Google prior to updating the OS.

I have neither unlocked to bootloader nor rooted the Desire. Wildfire was!
There's an app on the market, sms backup.
It backs up your sms and call history to your google account. Install it on your phone, run the back up, and then install on the new phone, run it. Everything will be back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks