Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 20:21   #19771
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
...she will throw the case and phone away ! You will lose the Moto G. No lady will ever be seen with these cases that make the phone look ugly ....
Buddy, you were right but the consequence was something different here The Moto G arrived within 20 hours of ordering. Thanks to Flipkart, that was a super speedy delivery ! Means it was received at the door step while I was brushing my teeth in the morning.

The Lady decided to take a solo drive in the morning (without knowing about my purchase, although she warned me previous day not to buy a new one). She walked into Sangeetha mobile outlet and found the technician there ready to change the Sony Xperia panel glass for 2200 and deliver it within 24 hours !

Summary of the story: Dont go overboard and try to impress your wife at any situation, it will come back to you ! Now I am left with a brand new Moto G beside my Blackberry Z10. Anyway, my plan to get a One Plus One in the next pre-order is frozen with this. Probably time to get back to android and give up the BB10
Old 15th November 2014, 21:43   #19772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Buddy, you were right but the consequence was something different here The Moto G arrived within 20 hours of ordering. Thanks to Flipkart, that was a super speedy delivery ! Means it was received at the door step while I was brushing my teeth in the morning.

The Lady decided to take a solo drive in the morning (without knowing about my purchase, although she warned me previous day not to buy a new one). She walked into Sangeetha mobile outlet and found the technician there ready to change the Sony Xperia panel glass for 2200 and deliver it within 24 hours !

Summary of the story: Dont go overboard and try to impress your wife at any situation, it will come back to you ! Now I am left with a brand new Moto G beside my Blackberry Z10. Anyway, my plan to get a One Plus One in the next pre-order is frozen with this. Probably time to get back to android and give up the BB10
Can you not return it to Flipkart in return for Wallet money?
Old 16th November 2014, 01:21   #19773
Senior - BHPian

I believe you can return items (for such reasons) to Amazon if unopened. But Flipkart has no such policy.
Old 16th November 2014, 02:12   #19774
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used Zerolemon batteries in Note 3 ? Facing some alarmingly low battery life the last 2-3 charges. It was working fine for nearly 4-5 months without any issues. Surprisingly my stock battery is delivering a better battery life than what Zerolemon did. Strange!
Old 16th November 2014, 08:03   #19775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Anyone used Zerolemon batteries in Note 3 ? Facing some alarmingly low battery life the last 2-3 charges. It was working fine for nearly 4-5 months without any issues. Surprisingly my stock battery is delivering a better battery life than what Zerolemon did. Strange!
Portable charges make more sense nowadays rather than bigger batteries. All you have to do is plug in phone to the charger and once its done you can stow it away rather than having to carry a bulky battery with you all the time.

The Xiaomi 10400mAH battery pack for 999₹ at Flipkart makes excellent sense.
Old 16th November 2014, 14:10   #19776
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it safe to opt for the Moto G ( 1st gen) from Flipkart listed @10k? Why I am asking is that with the advent of the Moto G 2014 edition, they must be clearing out the stock of old Moto G. And there are many reports on the net that many of these units are refurbished/repacked ones. How much truth is there in this? Also for regular usage comprising mostly calls and basic internet surfing ( no games), will it be justified to spend that extra 3k for the new Moto G? I am only holding back due to the reported inferior battery life on the newer version owing to increase screen size but same battery capacity. More so since the phone will be used as a dual sim and hence a lot of calls.
Old 16th November 2014, 15:08   #19777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is it safe to opt for the Moto G ( 1st gen) from Flipkart listed @10k?...Also for regular usage comprising mostly calls and basic internet surfing ( no games)... More so since the phone will be used as a dual sim and hence a lot of calls.
Go for it. I personally think the new motoG is quite big for a person to do regular calling and surfing and smsing. I am typing this from the first gen MotoG and the size is just right for regular usage. The screen is brighter and yes, it lasts a tad bit longer since both of them have same battery but different screen size. The biggest con in first-gen MotoG is the absence of memory card and mediocre camera performance. However, that shouldn't be a worry for you...given your expectations from the phone.
Old 16th November 2014, 20:21   #19778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Did you see any improvement in battery life ?
I am yet to find any improvement so far.
Nope. As per wife the battery life is pathetic. Had to charge couple of times a day.
Old 17th November 2014, 04:27   #19779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Portable charges make more sense nowadays rather than bigger batteries. All you have to do is plug in phone to the charger and once its done you can stow it away rather than having to carry a bulky battery with you all the time.

The Xiaomi 10400mAH battery pack for 999₹ at Flipkart makes excellent sense.
The Xiaomi 10400 mAh battery is a bit on the bulkier and heavier side. Also, its made of metal and edges are not rounded. There is some chance that it will scratch other stuff in your bag (or get scratched itself). Don't know why Xiaomi is not providing a silicone jacket with their product in India. Lastly, you need a flat surface to keep your phone and battery bank while it does its job. Not always possible.

A friend of mine was given a batt bank with an amazing form factor - the iPhone form factor! Slim and flat and made of plastic. It also had the LED indicators as on Mi's power bank. And it was much lighter, though I'm sure the capacity must have been lesser than 10,400. But the owner says its good for S3 about twice. He just pairs it up with the phone and places it in his backpack's mobile pocket itself, for charging while on the move. I actually went online after seeing it but I could not find a battery bank with such a convenient form factor from a good manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is it safe to opt for the Moto G ( 1st gen) from Flipkart listed @10k? Why I am asking is that with the advent of the Moto G 2014 edition, they must be clearing out the stock of old Moto G. And there are many reports on the net that many of these units are refurbished/repacked ones. How much truth is there in this? Also for regular usage comprising mostly calls and basic internet surfing ( no games), will it be justified to spend that extra 3k for the new Moto G? I am only holding back due to the reported inferior battery life on the newer version owing to increase screen size but same battery capacity. More so since the phone will be used as a dual sim and hence a lot of calls.
Are they reportedly selling these alleged refurbished in manufacture sealed boxes and passing them off as new? I doubt that. Moto will earn a real bad name real soon, if they are doing that. Or is it Flipkart that is passing them off in unsealed boxes?

Last edited by Raccoon : 17th November 2014 at 04:30.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:34   #19780
BHPian

Quote:
Did you see any improvement in battery life ?
I am yet to find any improvement so far.
I find a little increase in battery life. Probably from 16 hours to more than 20 hours. Thats it. Waiting for the ota. Maybe thatll have some improvements over lrx210.
Old 17th November 2014, 07:54   #19781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

A friend of mine was given a batt bank with an amazing form factor - the iPhone form factor! Slim and flat and made of plastic. I actually went online after seeing it but I could not find a battery bank with such a convenient form factor from a good manufacturer.
I have one of those. Its the Motorola power pack slim P4000. Look it up on Flipkart.
Old 17th November 2014, 09:12   #19782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
Anyone using a Android Wear device? There were a few good deals on the LG G Watch... Thought of giving it a shot.
I am using the Moto 360 and I am already in love with it. Wanted a round smartwatch hence went for the Moto 360.
Old 17th November 2014, 09:20   #19783
BHPian

Anyone having trouble with Nexus 4 touch?
On Saturday, the soft keys stopped working. Had to twist the phone into landscape mode to get the buttons to the other side.
And then later the entire touch panel starts acting up, like having a mind of its own. Lot of ghost touches at times and then absolutely no response at all.
Googled it and seems like a lot of people are having such issues. Wondering if its a hardware issue or not.
Old 17th November 2014, 09:57   #19784
Senior - BHPian

Did you try reverting to KitKat to ascertain if its a software issue or hamdware issue ?
Old 17th November 2014, 10:03   #19785
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try reverting to KitKat to ascertain if its a software issue or hamdware issue ?
I am still on kitkat (4.4.4)
Did a factory reset too, not much help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks