Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2021, 10:58   #30781
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
How good are Asus phones to own over a 3 year horizon ? I'm mainly asking from a user experience POV, do you notice lags and stutters a year or two later?

Also,considering the low volumes cases, tempered glass etc might be hard to source 2-3 years down the line ? I'm ok with 2 major OS upgrades but would like security patches for 3 years atleast hopefully on a monthly basis.

EDIT-Any bloatware you cannot uninstall?
I use a 3 year old Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (6GB variant).

The phone has aged very well. The performance has remained fairly consistent and I still get more than 24 hours of battery life with moderate usage.

No bloatware, Almost stock Android ZenUI. I do not play games on phone so I cannot comment on that. But for normal day to day usage it has been perfect mid ranger!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 05:54   #30782
Senior - BHPian

Any users of Mi 10i here?

Looking to replace a two year old Redmi Note 7 Pro with this. Pretty comfortable with the Mi ecosystem and hence exploring this option.

Some reviews say that the screen on time is barely six hours. Is that really so?
Old 5th August 2021, 10:36   #30783
Distinguished - BHPian

Need a phone for a school teacher who uses it to conduct video classes for few hours in a day. A big screen, good battery backup and a good processor. And hassle free experience. Looking for a clean OS as she can't 'clean' bloatwares. Budget upto 25k.

What should be the recommendations?

I have heard good things about OnePlus phones. Would the Nord CE or Nord 2 good options?

I am lost in the sea of Samsung models. My backup options are Pixel 4a (I am a 3a user since 2 years) or a Moto G60 (friend is happy with his purchase).
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 11:42   #30784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Need a phone for a school teacher who uses it to conduct video classes for few hours in a day. A big screen, good battery backup and a good processor. And hassle free experience. Looking for a clean OS as she can't 'clean' bloatwares. Budget upto 25k.

I have heard good things about OnePlus phones. Would the Nord CE or Nord 2 good options?

I am lost in the sea of Samsung models. My backup options are Pixel 4a (I am a 3a user since 2 years) or a Moto G60 (friend is happy with his purchase).
Wouldn't a tablet be a better option given her use case? The basic iPad would be the best option. Zero bloatware too. Else there are a plethora of midrange android tablets.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 11:45   #30785
BHPian

Quote:
Pixel's front camera is known to be good and you are it's ambassador already. Can't go wrong.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 12:19   #30786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Wouldn't a tablet be a better option given her use case? The basic iPad would be the best option. Zero bloatware too. Else there are a plethora of midrange android tablets.
Agreed.

But then her current phone is old too and wants to replace it. Growing old now, she wants something with a bigger screen. Hoping to kill two birds with one new phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Pixel's front camera is known to be good and you are it's ambassador already. Can't go wrong.
Happy Pixel user here but it isn't all rosy. If I have to crib then the phone goes slow after a year of usage. There's a certain lag in performance. Camera is painfully slow. Here's where the OnePlus users say their phones remain as fast as the day they bought it. This caught my attention about OnePlus again.
Old 5th August 2021, 12:21   #30787
BHPian

Quote:
Ideally, the best option would be a Tab, since this is to be used primarily for online classes. You can also check out the iPad Mini, which would best fit the requirements.

Alternatively, if you're looking for a phone, check out the Samsung F62 or the One Plus Nord CE. Haven't heard many good things about Nord 2 yet, seems it's riddled with some niggles.
IamNikhil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:12   #30788
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed.

But then her current phone is old too and wants to replace it. Growing old now, she wants something with a bigger screen. Hoping to kill two birds with one new phone!
The Infinix Note 10 Pro has a 6.95 inch screen. That is the largest in its class. The Nords have smaller screens than regular OnePlus phones.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 07:47   #30789
Distinguished - BHPian

Samsung's entry flagship S20 FE 5G is back in stock now and Amazon has a 6000 coupon and a 10% cashback on SBI credit cards which makes the effective price around 40k. Been tracking this for 2 months now and it is the best price in this period.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 08:19   #30790
BHPian

Quote:

Take a look at Samsung M51. Snappy processor (Sd350g), big, bright display, great battery (7000mAH) and good camera for those long video calls. Very little bloatware. Retailing at 20 to 22K, it would be a good value for money option for the given requirements

Last edited by cogWheel : 6th August 2021 at 08:21.
cogWheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 17:30   #30791
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Samsung's entry flagship S20 FE 5G is back in stock now and Amazon has a 6000 coupon and a 10% cashback on SBI credit cards which makes the effective price around 40k. Been tracking this for 2 months now and it is the best price in this period.
I am on fence with this one. Seems a good enough choice even though the processor is not the latest.

I am extremely tired of the bloatware on my Oppo so none of the Chinese brands are an option for me. Plus I am looking for something that does not feel like a brick to hold.

Most of the so called 5G ready phones only come with very less number of 5G bands, so one being future proof with them is more or less pure lottery. And the few that have a good number of bands come with massive compromises just for the sake of 5G. Also there are no decent 4G midrangers on the market anymore.

There are many things going right for this phone though - decent number of 5G bands, tolerable bloatware compared to the Chinese OEMs, good set of cameras with OIS support and a not too bad form factor. With the Pixels now pretty much confirmed to not show up in India, I am not really sure which phone to wait for anymore. Maybe the Moto Edge 20 series, but if this Samsung gets discontinued like the A52 has, I will lose a very good option. So might as well snag one while it is available. Will think a bit more as we still have a couple of days for the sale to end.

Not interested in the Snapdragon 888 offerings either, as there are many reports of that processor making the phones heat up like crazy.

Last edited by Oxy : 6th August 2021 at 17:38.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 09:48   #30792
BHPian

Finally ordered the 1+N2 12GB version. My 1+3T had literally given u and had no other option other than getting a new phone.

Wanted to go in for Samsung but did not find any phone value for money. Was hoping that Samsung would release a newer version of M51 and was checking regularly for the past 2 to 3 months if any such release would be there but it seems none.
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 19:54   #30793
BHPian

I have a OnePlus 7T that was purchased nearly 2 years back. Recently I am finding that the charger moves around in the charging port and doesn't charge unless the charger is held inside the port. Is there anyway this can be fixed?
Old 10th August 2021, 08:56   #30794
Oxy
BHPian

The Moto Edge 20 series page has gone live on Flipkart and it's coming next week. Two phones to land on our shores:

1. Edge 20: Looks stellar, with all the features that I really wanted on a phone - Slimmest 5G phone (6.99mm thick), lightweight (165g) yet having a large screen (6.7 inches), stock android, good rear cameras (108 MP main, 16 MP wide angle, 8 MP zoom lens with OIS), 32 MP front cam, 10 bit amoled display with 144hz refresh rate and 576hz touch sampling rate, latest processor (SD778) with support for as many as 11 5G bands, ready for PC (I am assuming this feature to be somewhat similar to Samsung DeX), ThinkShield security (might be similar to Knox from Samsung). Cons will be small battery (3750 mah), no stereo speakers and only one major android update that Moto will provide.

2. Edge 20 Fusion: Budget 5G processor (Dimensity 720), supports 13 5G bands, 10 bit amoled display with 90hz refresh rate, 108+8+2 MP rear cameras, 32 MP front cam, 5000 mah battery, ThinkShield security, ready for PC.

If they don't mess up the price, I think my wait is finally over.

Last edited by Oxy : 10th August 2021 at 09:17.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 09:16   #30795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
I have a OnePlus 7T that was purchased nearly 2 years back. Recently I am finding that the charger moves around in the charging port and doesn't charge unless the charger is held inside the port. Is there anyway this can be fixed?
One thing you can try is to compress the usb C pin of the charger very slightly with your hand (without inserting). This will tighten the contact with the internal pins of the phone.
Alternatively you could also try buying a new USB C cable which would have a tighter fit. Instead of the original OnePlus cable you can buy a Realme USB C cable which also works perfectly absolutely well and costs only 399 Rupees. You can buy it on realme official website.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks