Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 15:28   #3511
BANNED

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
the first option seems to be good

but can you help me as to how to sync my contacts with Gmail ?
Search and install the App for GMail synch. I did it a few months ago on my cracked 8330 (no BIS/BES etc here). You can search for the BB app on Google as well.
Old 5th July 2011, 00:48   #3512
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang- imo 9780 is the best bb phone right now. However you can wait for new models which will be launched this or the next month.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 09:35   #3513
Senior - BHPian

I have now recieved my new Bold 3 (9780). Very nice phone but I am facing a problem.
I have inserted the sim card and tried to configure email accounts. Since I have already used another BB device earlier, this new device has the comment to '' move email accounts''. When I clicked on the ''move email accounts', it asks to give password of one email account (I have 3 email accounts activated in my last bb set). I gave the password, it accepted and asked to give password of another email inorder to synchronize. I did it but instead of sunchronizing I am getting a prompt reply saying that '' Your Device encountered a problem with this application server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again'' . Tried again and again, but same response.

I tried to creat a new account (Yahoo), but again I am getting '' Activation failed. An error was encountered when sending the activation transaction''.

Any suggestion/advise from Experts??

What could be the problem, am not able to open email accounts (all the 3 accounts were working properly on my old BB device-9520)??
Old 5th July 2011, 14:19   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have now recieved my new Bold 3 (9780). Very nice phone but I am facing a problem.
I have inserted the sim card and tried to configure email accounts. Since I have already used another BB device earlier, this new device has the comment to '' move email accounts''. When I clicked on the ''move email accounts', it asks to give password of one email account (I have 3 email accounts activated in my last bb set). I gave the password, it accepted and asked to give password of another email inorder to synchronize. I did it but instead of sunchronizing I am getting a prompt reply saying that '' Your Device encountered a problem with this application server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again'' . Tried again and again, but same response.

I tried to creat a new account (Yahoo), but again I am getting '' Activation failed. An error was encountered when sending the activation transaction''.

Any suggestion/advise from Experts??

What could be the problem, am not able to open email accounts (all the 3 accounts were working properly on my old BB device-9520)??

Hi, For this you first need to register your blackberry on network. Goto your "host routing table" (should be in advanced options/security) and from options select "Register now". You would receive an sms indicating your blackberry is registered.

Next visit your mobile provider's blackberry website and login with your username and password. As soon as you login it would provide options and move your accounts.

Any issues, let me know would be glad to help.
anmolbedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 15:29   #3515
BHPian

Hello,

I needed feedback on the BB9630 - Tour

The current MRP is 16-17K, however, i am being offered a BB, India for around 13K.

Is it a worthwhile price and deal? If any tour users can advise if the phone is ok or having any issues, would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bapu : 5th July 2011 at 15:30. Reason: wrong model no.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:37   #3516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Hi, For this you first need to register your blackberry on network. Goto your "host routing table" (should be in advanced options/security) and from options select "Register now". You would receive an sms indicating your blackberry is registered.

Next visit your mobile provider's blackberry website and login with your username and password. As soon as you login it would provide options and move your accounts.

Any issues, let me know would be glad to help.
Thanks yours.
Yes, I have already registered the new BB (host routing table).

When I tried to login (www.airtel.in/blackberry), it ask either I should give my user id and password (which I think I dont have because when I requested to get lost password, they said no password exists) or Create a new account. To create a new account I gave the PIN and IMEI number but the reply I get as '' Not acceptable via HTML Browser. Please use your device to access BB Internet Service'' ( I have logged in through my BB deviceonly)???
Old 5th July 2011, 18:20   #3517
Senior - BHPian

@anmolbedi - I just managed to transfer all files including my email accounts from old Device to new Device via Computer using BB Desktop software.

Anyway, thanks for your assistance.!
Old 6th July 2011, 00:01   #3518
BHPian

Hello,

call this stupidity or somthing else. But in my BB 9300 i by mistake hided the saved messages folder and i dont know how to unhide it.

can someone help ?
Old 6th July 2011, 11:54   #3519
Senior - BHPian

How do i use my BB while international roaming?
I have a prepaid Airtel 399 connection.
My BBM is not working and neither is my email syncing.
Whats the problem?
Old 6th July 2011, 12:21   #3520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
How do i use my BB while international roaming?
I have a prepaid Airtel 399 connection.
My BBM is not working and neither is my email syncing.
Whats the problem?
You have to ask Airtel to activate BB service alongwith international roaming (some deposit has to be paid for this). but it is very very expensive. (I have activated the international roaming last year when I went to Malaysia and I was there for 9 days. All these days I made only 2 short calls to India and no outgoing email messages. However there used to be usual incoming messages. But the total bill for the roaming came around Rs.4700/-,). You can buy local prepaid sim cards wherever you are and then use for call/mail etc which will be cheaper than international roaming.

Last edited by nairrk : 6th July 2011 at 12:36. Reason: correction
Old 6th July 2011, 12:43   #3521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
You have to ask Airtel to activate BB service alongwith international roaming (some deposit has to be paid for this). but it is very very expensive. (I have activated the international roaming last year when I went to Malaysia and I was there for 9 days. All these days I made only 2 short calls to India and no outgoing email messages. However there used to be usual incoming messages. But the total bill for the roaming came around Rs.4700/-,). You can buy local prepaid sim cards wherever you are and then use for call/mail etc which will be cheaper than international roaming.
There is no deposit for a prepaid.
I want to be able to use the BB Messenger thats all. Is it possible to buy a local BB enabled sim and use it in my BB fone and utilize the pushmail and messenger??
Old 6th July 2011, 14:07   #3522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
There is no deposit for a prepaid.
I want to be able to use the BB Messenger thats all. Is it possible to buy a local BB enabled sim and use it in my BB fone and utilize the pushmail and messenger??
Yes, seems it is possible. I checked with one of my friend who travel to Singapore, Indonesia regulary and buy local sim for his BB whenever he is out of India. According to him this facility available in all countries. one has to just buy a new sim card conection and take the help of the shop keeper to activate BB. Some activation charge will be deducted. The scheme may be activation charges for 1 day or 3 days or 1 week etc. And accoding to that, amount will be deducted from prepaid sim.
Old 6th July 2011, 21:43   #3523
BANNED

How should I transfer my contacts from my android xperia x10 to my new bb bold 9780?

I am asking this as my SIM can't accommodate all my contacts, hence nack up on sim and then sim to phone transfer won't work.
Old 6th July 2011, 21:46   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
How should I transfer my contacts from my android xperia x10 to my new bb bold 9780?

I am asking this as my SIM can't accommodate all my contacts, hence nack up on sim and then sim to phone transfer won't work.
Install Google Sync for BB. Sync your Android contacts using the native Gmail a/c. Use the same Gmail a/c to sync in to BB.
Old 6th July 2011, 22:19   #3525
BHPian

I was hoping a fellow bhpian might rescue me from my woe!

I have upgraded from a curve 8520 to a torch 9800!

Very happy with the new interface and all! Love the build quality of the phone too.

Now, I have a Figo and use my phone to stream music and take calls/ make calls using the stock head unit.

The torch connects well makes calls and receives calls also quite well just like my 8520!

But, here's the fly in the ointment - When I am listening to music and get/ make a call and hang up afterwards the music jumps to a new track!

My 8520 used to pause and resume seamlessly after a call.

Could someone please help me or direct me to the right information! I have scoured the internet also on this problem with no success!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks