Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 17:22   #3736
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I am posting it here so that others could also use this if needed .BTW corporate connection doesnt mean your employer pays for the connection. All you need to do it email them from your work ID
corpcare.kar@vodafone.com

Most of the times ,a talk of using the number portability option and switching to other carriers helps you get whatever you want
Thanx for sharing . it should be corpcare.guj@vodafone.com for gujarat.

Satya Treid MNP and prepaid trick for 3 months continuously. But every time rep said he will get back to me after talking to senior. And after tht rep never come back.
Old 24th October 2011, 23:29   #3737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Guess 399 is available on corporate connections .I have a 399 plan with unlimited downloads and 10 email IDs .All you need to do is send an email from your official ID
I have a corporate connection but they don't provide BIS-399 on it, with corporate connection you can avail BES-899 for 699.

May be I'm lucky to get the BIS-399 on my postpaid number but honestly 599 is too expensive at 2g speed.

One more thing, did you guys had a talk over the phone or you went to Vodafone store? Try going to vodafone store and talk to the executives their.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:01   #3738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
I have a corporate connection but they don't provide BIS-399 on it, with corporate connection you can avail BES-899 for 699.
One more thing, did you guys had a talk over the phone or you went to Vodafone store? Try going to vodafone store and talk to the executives their.
Not sure about the NCR .But here in Bangalore ,I am using the 399 plan which Vodafone customer care says is similar to the 899 plan on non-corporate customers .

I found the store to be a waste of time as they then direct you to call 111 .The customer care 111 is no good either as I had to call a couple of times to explain the same problem .I am now evaluating other service providers .Till then ,its Vodafone.
Old 25th October 2011, 23:37   #3739
BHPian

What causes the memory of the device to fluctuate?

How can we limit the size of incoming e-mail?
Old 30th October 2011, 11:55   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Any one using BB Protect?

I am trying to setup over wifi but status shows initializing from last 1 hour....
Old 9th November 2011, 03:13   #3741
BHPian

Hi,

As per my knowledge, video streaming is not allowed on BB plan, we need to activate GRPS plan for the same like vodafone live. I have deactivated the same on my number as a result I'm not able to watch videos on youtube but I'm able to do so on websites like NDTV. So my question is under BIS, is video streaming allowed on some websites?
Old 9th November 2011, 09:34   #3742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Any one using BB Protect?

I am trying to setup over wifi but status shows initializing from last 1 hour....
I am using it without any issues for sometime now; though over 3G.
Have you set it at 'Only Back Uo over wifi ' ?
Old 9th November 2011, 13:48   #3743
BHPian

Got two utterly useless apps from BB for keeping patient during the recent RIM service blackout. The apps are Drivesafe.ly , Bubble breaker game ...

vikrant
Old 9th November 2011, 15:46   #3744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Got two utterly useless apps from BB for keeping patient during the recent RIM service blackout. The apps are Drivesafe.ly , Bubble breaker game ...

vikrant
There are 2 more apps. Shazam and Vlingo...Shazam is a superb app and very useful too for music lovers

Vlingo is a virtual assistant and supposed to be an awesome app but, its not working on my phone at the moment, tweaking it to make it work in a few days.
Old 9th November 2011, 19:19   #3745
BHPian

Guys, need URGENT help.

I recently bought a Blackberry Bold 3 (9780).
However, all the excitement has gone down the drain soon after I realised I am unable to setup my office E-Mail account on this phone.

I activated the Blackberry Enterprise service for Rs. 899 a month.
Soon after, the technical support team gave me a username and a password to use on- BlackBerry Internet Service.

On this website, the email account of my office was updated with all the necessary details. On the website the E-mail account is being shown as active and the device is also being shown as connected however, nothing has ever come up on my phone.
I tried restarting the device by removing the battery several times but, no luck.

When I try to setup the email account on my phone using the "Setup Enterprise Account" and key in my office email and password.
Mind you, the options on the phone tell me to key in the "Email" and the Activating Password ?!?!.
I key in the office email ID and the password of my office Email account.

After a few minutes whilst showing "Contacting Server", it gives an error saying-

"The BlackBerry Enterprise Server has not responded to your activation request. An error may have occurred."

Their are three options

More Details
Continue Activation (repeats the same process)
Cancel Activation

On clicking More Details, it says-
"You have not yet been added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Please either cancel this request and contact your IT support team or continue to wait for a response."

Its been 2 weeks with this phone and I am still forced to use my laptop for my mails even after spending 20000 bucks.
Old 9th November 2011, 19:38   #3746
BHPian

Hi Abhi,
You will need to contact your service provider,they can set it right. In any case,remove the battery for few seconds and then restart your handset, it might solve the issue.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2011 at 11:11. Reason: edited out the incomplete quote tag
Old 9th November 2011, 19:53   #3747
BHPian

I contacted Vodafone and they are telling me there is no problem at their end and that I must contact my office's IT team.
My IT team is clueless. Giving lame reasons like its OS is version 6.
Old 10th November 2011, 01:37   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys, need URGENT help.

Soon after, the technical support team gave me a username and a password to use on- BlackBerry Internet Service.

Its been 2 weeks with this phone and I am still forced to use my laptop for my mails even after spending 20000 bucks.

Pls check with service provider if BES i.e enterprise services have been activated or not. Most probably they have activated Internet serviices
vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 09:52   #3749
BHPian

Quote:

On this website, the email account of my office was updated with all the necessary details. On the website the E-mail account is being shown as active and the device is also being shown as connected however, nothing has ever come up on my phone.
I tried restarting the device by removing the battery several times but, no luck.
Are you entering the correct IP address for your office Enterprise Server in Activate Enterprise settings. The error message suggests that your new BB's PIN has not been added by your IT admin to the BES.

Were you using another BB phone for BES earlier and did your earlier phone work correctly?

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2011 at 13:34. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 10th November 2011, 10:14   #3750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need URGENT help.

I recently bought a Blackberry Bold 3 (9780).
However, all the excitement has gone down the drain soon after I realised I am unable to setup my office E-Mail account on this phone.

I guess your office does not have BlackBerry Server.

Delete the email ac from the website, re-send service books and re-setup the account via phone/website. But do not go for Enterprise Activation option. That aint for you.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2011 at 13:34. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks