Width - 1956mm (including wing mirrors)
Height - 1691mm
Wheelbase -2578mm
GC - 180mm
Kerb Weight- 1543kg
Gross Vehicle Weight -2075Kg
Fuel Tank capacity - 60 litres
Turning Circle diameter - 10metres
I have a feeling that the length mentioned here for the ecosport includes the spare wheel mounted on the tailgate. Also the width must be including the wing mirrors. Based on the Auto expo version I had seen, the Ecosport is actually a little smaller than the Yeti but will make a good value proposition of it is priced well in the range of 8-10 lacs for the diesel variant.
Regards,
Behemoth
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:23   #632
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
i am certain that airbag deployment would not result in the dashboard replacement. there are specific parts which would have to be replaced however the cost runs into lacs.
i have seen at least three such cases (in US) where the airbags were deployed and then subsequent repair was done, and in none of those cases the entire dashboard had to be replaced.
Yes I agree that full dashboard does not need replacement but the passenger side upper part in some vahicles need replacement. My firnds SX4 ZXi needed dashboard replacement of upper part and steering after accident as it does not have a removable compartment for passenger airbag like many other cars.
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:28   #633
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I have a feeling that the length mentioned here for the ecosport includes the spare wheel mounted on the tailgate. Also the width must be including the wing mirrors. Based on the Auto expo version I had seen, the Ecosport is actually a little smaller than the Yeti but will make a good value proposition of it is priced well in the range of 8-10 lacs for the diesel variant.
Regards,
Behemoth
8-10l for the diesel you say? So according to you petrol should start at 7l ? cmon man, that is not happening
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:55   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
8-10l for the diesel you say? So according to you petrol should start at 7l ? cmon man, that is not happening
That may be true but also as Behemoth says and I agree that going above these prices will put this product outside the VFM envelope it has to be in in order not to become another Fiesta.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:02   #635
vij
BHPian

Wow, To expect Ford to place the shiny new ecosport 2 floors below the fiesta is wishful thinking. I think it will do well if they package it as an aspirational vehicle rather than something like a 'logan' - and Ford has used the 'word' 'aspirational' often with the ecosport.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:44   #636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Regards,
Behemoth
Diesel? I thought the diesel would be introduced a little later. Ford is very keen on the EcoBoost engine at the moment. I guess their chips are all for it, right now.

Also, if Ford can keep the price of the EcoSport under 14 lakhs (on the road - Bangalore) for the top-end variant, they'd have done well. 8-10 lakhs for the diesel variant is just too far-fetched, considering that the EcoSport is based loosely on the Fiesta - which itself is overpriced to begin with.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:55   #637
BHPian

I guess the Ecosport price will almost match that of the New Fiesta, that is, from around Rs 7.5 lakh to Rs 10.5 lakh ex showroom across all models looking at the features list. If they manage to price it at these levels, this one's gonna rock.
Old 24th April 2012, 08:53   #638
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Received a mail with this link from my colleague in Brazil. Ford "showcased" the ECOSPORT in Brazil yesterday. The car will be on sale from July this year.

EcoSport Titanium 2013

In one of the photos, you will notice a fire extinguisher below the driver's seat. This is mandatory in Brazil as the cars there run on Ethanol.

The spare tyre does not have the hideous cover. Looks much better.

Request to Ford;
- leave out the ridiculous spare Tyre cover
- launch Ecosport in India along side Brazil
MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 09:34   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In comparison:

Skoda Yeti 2 litre TDi, 103KW, 4x4, Manual Transmission:
Thanks for sharing the comparo of Ecosport with the Yeti. The Ecosport seems to be at par with the Yeti (at least dimensions wise), the Yeti wheelbase being a tad bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys

Received a mail with this link from my colleague in Brazil. Ford "showcased" the ECOSPORT in Brazil yesterday. The car will be on sale from July this year.

EcoSport Titanium 2013
Thanks MAS for sharing the link. Neat pictures. Would like to highlight a few of them with my thoughts.

The rear seat looks quite comfortable. However it demands more leg room. Don't know what position the front seats are adjusted. If they are at their max backward position, then its decent.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-rear-seat.jpg

The 360 litre boot seems quite adequate to swallow the weekend luggage of 5. If need be you can always accommodate an extra bag or two by removing the parcel tray.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-boot-door-wide-open.jpg

Good thinking of providing the recess in the boot door. The protruding handles of big bags can be fitted without any fuss.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-recess-boot-door.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 10:05   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, To expect Ford to place the shiny new ecosport 2 floors below the fiesta is wishful thinking. I think it will do well if they package it as an aspirational vehicle rather than something like a 'logan' - and Ford has used the 'word' 'aspirational' often with the ecosport.
I don't think Ford will make a mistake they made with the Fiesta by overpricing this one. It should be on par/below the Fiesta sedan. Any thing more than the sedan will make it just aspirational, without too much sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
I guess the Ecosport price will almost match that of the New Fiesta, that is, from around Rs 7.5 lakh to Rs 10.5 lakh ex showroom across all models looking at the features list. If they manage to price it at these levels, this one's gonna rock.
I agree. It should be closer, ideally lesser than the sedan for it to do well. I still have my doubts on compact SUVs with just 5 seats. Indians do need that additional row without which they will just treat it as a slightly bigger hatch and hence price cannot be too much more than hatch levels.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:13   #641
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I don't think Ford will make a mistake they made with the Fiesta by overpricing this one. It should be on par/below the Fiesta sedan. Any thing more than the sedan will make it just aspirational, without too much sales

I agree. It should be closer, ideally lesser than the sedan for it to do well. I still have my doubts on compact SUVs with just 5 seats. Indians do need that additional row without which they will just treat it as a slightly bigger hatch and hence price cannot be too much more than hatch levels.
Whenever there is new technology there is a lot of buzz. Whenever there is a new concept there is lot of interest. Ecosport is new, has all the buzz and interest - Mark my words, its going to be prized above the Fiesta. Just because Ford made a mistake with the Fiesta does not mean they will make a mistake with the Ecosport (ya, I mean it that way)

The Ecosport is not all that small by the way. It has the Yeti proportions and its a fat lady - wide wide car/suv hybrid. Hmm, by that count its not going to help wading through traffic that much

Last edited by vij : 24th April 2012 at 10:23.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:59   #642
BHPian

Can anyone please clarify if the length of the vehicle mentioned in the earlier posts is with the spare wheel or without it. If it is with the spare wheel and the spare wheel is about 250 mm in length then the car without the spare wheel will fall within 4 meters and will definetely qualify for the lower excise duty bracket and surely Ford can offer it for a much lesser price than the Fiesta. So its crucial that we clarify about the actual length of the vehicle before discussing or jumping to conclusions about the price range.

It definetely pains a lot when you have to pay higher excised duties despite of the fact that we get very bad roads to drive on. So if the Ecosport is within 4 meters minus the spare wheel then its really a very good product and it can be offered at a very competetive price range. The reason we want a high ground clearence compact vehicles is to cope up with the bad roads and if it comes at a price close to a hatchback car then nothing like it.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:08   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS
Since i own the new Fiesta, the interiors look very similar ...
Man, I hope they don't have that awful centre arm rest in the rear seat - would be better to just leave it out.

The looks of this car are slowly growing on me. Just don't like that wide open mouth on the front view!

But I guess if we could get used to the XUV, then the same would apply to this which is still better.

The blue lit display also looks better than the red.

Hmmm, so the Duster and this are in a serious contest, clearly, no decision to buy can be made until I see both in the flesh.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:17   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
That may be true but also as Behemoth says and I agree that going above these prices will put this product outside the VFM envelope it has to be in in order not to become another Fiesta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
The reason for my 'hope!' that it will fall in this price bracket is if Ford India manages to shave off 20mm from the existing length of the car (excluding spare), which will make it fall in the less than 4 metres category and also both the Petrol engine 1 L is less than 1.2 L requirement and the diesel 1498 cc is less than the 1.5 L required for the lesser excise slabs. Both of these should fall in the 12% excise duty slab.
If Ford plays on this well, it is a 12% saving of excise as compared to the 24% slab if the length is more than 4 metres, which will translate to well over a 1 lac in landed price to the customer.

(The Fiesta falls in the higher Excise slab due to its higher length. My guess is that Ford will pass on some benefit of the lesser excise and use some part of it to offset slightly higher cost, in the end run still offering it at almost Fiesta level prices)

In the past they have also done this to the Fusion, which was initially more than 4 Metres, but later with bumper redesign it was made to less than 4 Metres and got the benefit of lesser pricing.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 24th April 2012 at 11:26.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:16   #645
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures from the Brazil

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-1.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-2.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-3.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-4.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-5.jpg

Doors open really wide. Note the fire extinguisher below the driver's seat.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-5-doors-open-wide.jpg

Back door handle - very neatly integrated into the rear lights
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-6-handle.jpg

Ribbed roof - for increased strength
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-7-roof.jpg

Old fashioned indicator on the ORVM. Note the key less entry button on the door handle
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-8-orvm-indicator.jpg

Speedometer looks very neat with more information than the Fiesta. Note the "Start/Stop" button
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-9-speedometer.jpg

Last edited by MAS : 24th April 2012 at 12:20.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks