Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 15:37   #706
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Ford India's Ecosport pages have been updated:
Ford India Private Limited - EcoSport | Review the new urban SUV from Ford

Lots of features seem to be on offer: Ford's talking lady interface, Hill Launch Assist, Keyless Entry and Go, Option of the dual clutch automatic, Electronic safety nets (ABS, EBD, ESP), Cooled glovebox etc. Wow!

I feel the 6-speed auto will be a much better match for this engine, given its wide torque spread.

Now eagerly waiting for the pricing.
Old 26th April 2012, 15:50   #707
BHPian

Found this bit of info interesting from the ford india website:

"You’ll be hard-pressed to find better fuel economy than the 1 litre EcoBoost petrol engine. It gives you close to 20 kilometres per litre so you can go further on one tank. That’s up to 20% less fuel compared to a traditional 1.6 litre petrol engine, while still delivering similar power. (A diesel engine is also available.)"

Ford India Private Limited - EcoSport | Fuel economy & performance

The big question that begs to be answered- is the diesel option available with an auto? Too much of a wish...?!
Old 26th April 2012, 16:15   #708
BHPian

They have left out information about the diesel engine. Do any of the bhpians have more info about the diesel engine specs? It will be interesting to see the cost difference between the petrol and diesel.
Old 26th April 2012, 16:29   #709
Senior - BHPian

I am a hatchback/ sedan guy. But I am falling in love with the EcoSport.

Ford, please take your time with aggressive localization. But price it well with a good spread of variants to accommodate the features with no compromise on safety.

I hope it drives well and the engines are competent.
Old 26th April 2012, 16:32   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
They have left out information about the diesel engine. Do any of the bhpians have more info about the diesel engine specs? It will be interesting to see the cost difference between the petrol and diesel.
If Ford has to leverage the benefit of the lower excise slab, they will most likely be using the engine from the Fiesta (1.5 D) with specs as below:
Name:  Engine.bmp
Views: 3351
Size:  500.6 KB

But there is a possibility that instead of the FGT used in this, they may use a VGT which should practically take the power output to around around 110 PS and up the torque to around 250 Nm. These should be respectable figures for the size and weight of the Ecsport (~1100 Kg).
The diesel Engine will possibly get launched even later than the Petrol one and it may see light of day only by Mar 2013 if the Petrol variant gets released by Nov 2012.
Old 26th April 2012, 18:41   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Since Ford has confirmed it to be a sub 4 Meter vehicle,
When did Ford confirm that the Ecosport is a sub 4 meter vehicle?
Old 26th April 2012, 18:52   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Here comes another bomb [or two?] from Hormazd [ACI]
Quote:
  • Ertiga makes Ford re-think EcoSport price. Wont be surprised if base model is sub Rs 6 lakh.
  • What's certain is a 2013 launch, not end 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
When did Ford confirm that the Ecosport is a sub 4 meter vehicle?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2757939

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th April 2012 at 18:54.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 19:17   #713
BHPian

That's another wonderful news!
My wish to have a base EcoSport sans all the gadget gizmos could come true!

Thank you Maruti for disciplining all other companies to price their products competitively and improving their A.S.S and all! Competition is good for customers

Now I really can't think of anything else to wish regarding EcoSport. As for 2013 launch, it is really not surprising. It was expected since start. At 6 lac price, EcoSport can easily challenge hatchbacks as well. This will further push for more advanced technology at cheaper price from other companies (for example VW Polo with 4 cylinders at price of 3 cyl Polo).
Old 26th April 2012, 21:28   #714
BHPian

But these reports cannot be relied on cause there is no certainty if they will keep the price that low. I am highly doubtful of the 6L figure.

Ford will have to really brain storm on the pricing of this vehicle. If the price it too high, people with low budgets will opt for the Ertiga. And people who have higher budgets will go for the XUV.

They should decide to make profit on volume sales and price it in competition with the Ertiga. That will eat into both Ertiga as well as XUV's sales.

Lets hope they price it right...
adilj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 08:55   #715
BHPian

Oh I am loving it. Finally my dream of owning and driving a compact SUV is going to come true in the near future. Though I could afford I didnt buy a regular SUV cos I drive myself and find it hard to drive the large SUVs. Moreover they are fuel guzzelers and I need to spend more on fuel and taxes to the government which I hate the most.

Moreover I travel alone or at the most with a couple of people. So a large SUV or MUV was not required for me and luggage space of 300-350 liters is more than sufficient for me. To say shortly I needed a hatchback with oodles of ground clearence and I tried to up my i20s ground clearence but was successful to an extent which is not sufficient. Hence the Ecosport fits all my needs and requirements and its the most suitable car for me and I dont mind paying a little premium to Ford if it is offered with all the bells and whistles.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:56   #716
Senior - BHPian

Another good video on Ecosport, probably the narration is in Brazalian language. If some can please translate it into English.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 27th April 2012 at 10:02.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 16:50   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Another good video on Ecosport, probably the narration is in Brazalian language. If some can please translate it into English.

Novo EcoSport 2013 - Todos os detalhes - YouTube
Its in Portuguese and the accents are different than the one from Portugal, the narration is more or less adspeak and 3 people involved in the project - manager of the design studio, director of engineering and a supervisor of design speak about the philosophy, requirements etc which have gone into making this vehicle

According to the manager, they wanted to make something unique yet which is undoubtedly belonging to Ford family look

According to the engineering director, the form factor of this vehicle is one of agility, connotation of adventure and so on

According to the designer they wanted to make sure people felt at home or as if they were sitting at home.

Nothing much technical, nothing that we already don't know from this forum.

Hope this helps.
indivic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 16:54   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Its in Portuguese and the accents are different than the one from Portugal, the narration is more or less adspeak and 3 people involved in the project - manager of the design studio, director of engineering and a supervisor of design speak about the philosophy, requirements etc which have gone into making this vehicle. Nothing much technical, nothing that we already don't know from this forum. Hope this helps.
Thanks for taking the efforts of translation Indivic. So this video seems to be another way of advertising. I thought there would be at least some more technical information which we might have missed out discussing here.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:00   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for taking the efforts of translation Indivic. So this video seems to be another way of advertising. I thought there would be at least some more technical information which we might have missed out discussing here.
You are welcome, anything for Ecosport .

The sub-4m news has got me very interested and if the rear seat would be better than on the Fiesta atleast equal to the Indica,I would like to park one in my house.

I missed out not buying the Fusion having followed it around Chennai for several months when it was being tested only to find it priced out of my range at launch and settled for an Indica.

I still have all the mags with their test drive reports,I hope Ford does not disappoint us this time around.

Last edited by indivic : 27th April 2012 at 17:02.
Old 28th April 2012, 14:11   #720
Senior - BHPian

Just now saw the Ecosport on NDTV, Car & Bike show. SVP was reporting from Beijing. Some of the key highlights:

Not so good ones first:

1. Probable India launch is indeed Jan 2013. However China would get it a couple of months earlier.

2. It will be launched in India only with the 1.0L Ecoboost manual transmission first (5 gears). The 6 speed auto dual clutch will be introduced only later.

Good ones:

1. After the Ertiga launch Ford is reworking on the pricing & expect the Ecosport to priced hand in hand with the top end Ertiga (hope he was referring to the top end Ecosport here).
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks