Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 15:14   #241

re: *SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017

The dream combination is a Jazz with a 1.6 / 1.3 diesel, I'd have waited if it was something close to that. The Brio should come loaded with a smaller fuel efficient engine and that is going to tilt a lot of decisions in their favor, even if they are late to the game.
Old 28th June 2012, 23:24   #242
BHPian

I think that Honda will regain it's lost No. 1 spot in the C-segment with the Diesel Honda City. But the real test will be regarding their diesel engine. Will they be as responsive & butter-smooth like their petrol engines? Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, this is their first attempt at making diesel engines, so they must be in a lot of pressure (correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 29th June 2012, 08:10   #243
BHPian

Honda is relatively new to diesel engines as they do not have a truck history and was primarily a motorcycle and small car manufacturer.But i have seen rave reviews of honda accord diesel Euro spec couple of years back

The link below shows the latest diesel engine they showcased at geneva
4 cyl = 1.6
1 cyl =.4
3 cyl = 1.2 L
SO did they cut one cylinder off this engine to get this small 1.2L diesel or would this be a proper 4 cylinder? Just a wild guess.
Read link..
2012 Geneva Motor Show - Honda 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine unveiled | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

Here is an older 2007 news item about the accord diesel
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 29th June 2012 at 08:16. Reason: To avoid additional un-necessary posting.
freewheelburnin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 08:57   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xTKB View Post
I think that Honda will regain it's lost No. 1 spot in the C-segment with the Diesel Honda City. But the real test will be regarding their diesel engine. Will they be as responsive & butter-smooth like their petrol engines? Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, this is their first attempt at making diesel engines, so they must be in a lot of pressure (correct me if I'm wrong).
They have a very good diesel in Accord and Civic in European countries. The 2.2 iDTEC is very capable oil burner. Some how they were reluctant to bring it onto Indian soil.
Old 29th June 2012, 10:34   #245
BHPian

I am planning for a second car for purely city commute and occasional highway trip(s) since already have a perfect highway cruncher(Safari) for a long time now.Have test driven all cars in diesel hatch segment and belong to the confused buyer category. The reason for looking diesel hatch is city commute(2K kms/month) is very high in Delhi/NCR region. For some reason I went ahead with TD of Brio petrol and just feel in love with the car. Brio Diesel sounds just the right car. Hope they price it right and bring it out soon else I might end up buying another out of impulse.
Old 29th June 2012, 10:39   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ

The 2.2 iDTEC is very capable oil burner. Some how they were reluctant to bring it onto Indian soil.
As far as I can remember, Honda said the diesel quality available in India wasn't suitable for their engines.
I wonder if some modifications could've helped overcome this.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:26   #247
Senior - BHPian

The Earth-Dream diesle (1.6 L) diesel that Honda is developing will actually be a dream to drive. With specs that read - 120PS at 4000rpm, 300Nm torque between 2000 and 4000rpm, ecomony of 75 mpg & official emissions figure of 95g/km, it is going to shake up the diesel manufacturing & markets. Here is the report:

New Honda Civic to shake up diesel market

In fact it is much better (economical & lighter) that the 2.2L i-Dtec Honda is currently using. In short span of time reviews will be out with most Euro auto-mags, & most probably interiors & handling could be the challenge for Honda for the Dream-Diesel in the Civic.
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:44   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted the Brio Diesel Test mule for the third time. Saw this car on Gurgaon-Faridabad road. It was driven at steady 50kph by a XS sized driver, rolled down the window this time again to hear the light clatter. This is the same car KPZen caught on pg.1

*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017-img_20120702_110529.jpg

*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017-img_20120702_110620.jpg

*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017-img_20120702_110518.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd July 2012 at 11:46.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:06   #249
Senior - BHPian

How was it handling that route?

If it was good that could also be because it was being driven slowly, but, also because its suspension is good.

On the other hand, if it was Hyundai like, it is softly tuned to return impressive mileage figures driving in reasonably manageable speeds.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:12   #250
BHPian

I had a word with the Honda Sales executive in Kolkata while servicing my Brio there, and he said that Honda is not bringing the Diesel engines yet in India because of the poor diesel quality. Once diesel quality issue gets sorted out Honda will roll out diesel cars here. Also the guy told that the first diesel cars will be the bigger Honda's -Civic, City (not sure about this though!)
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:51   #251
Senior - BHPian

I think this car is on some endurance test with a certain target kms to be clocked by any random driver over a period of time.
For precise comments on handling, we should wait for its launch and a full blown TBHP review.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:19   #252
Senior - BHPian

The steady 50kmph could also be mileage testing.

All reports are pointing to a Diwali launch. This looks really promising. The only fly in the ointment could be de-regulation of diesel ! There are apparently multiple options with the new PM cum FM and something is expected to be done soon. If something like this does come into effect, all that R&D might suddenly seem in vain !
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:57   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
How was it handling that route?
I am not skilled enough to derive any conclusions on the car's dynamics by just looking at the car, that too when it was being driven at steady 50kph on newly laid smooth highway with very light traffic.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:48   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180 View Post
I had a word with the Honda Sales executive in Kolkata while servicing my Brio there, and he said that Honda is not bringing the Diesel engines yet in India because of the poor diesel quality. Once diesel quality issue gets sorted out Honda will roll out diesel cars here. Also the guy told that the first diesel cars will be the bigger Honda's -Civic, City (not sure about this though!)
Unlike what your dealer mentioned, the Gurgaon Honda dealer confirmed the launch of both the Brio diesel (end of this year) and also Brio sedan. Several road tests spotted clearly indicate an impending launch.
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:54   #255
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2012 at 13:21.
ash_blore is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks