Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 10:43   #121
BHPian

Re: Honda to launch diesel Brio by Diwali

That's a good move.. any information about the engines that are going to be used? Who will be supplying them for Honda?
Old 31st May 2012, 10:52   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
The article you've shared is from September 2011 and refers to the Diwali of that very year.
I doubt the launch will be happening anytime before 2013!
Good you clarified. I was wondering that if Honda does launch half-baked products like their Indian counterparts in a hurry, it will do more harm then good to their brand image which many of us trust blindly.
As regards pricing one hopes that Honda has learned enough with Jazz (and in the process helped i20) and won't dare do it again. People have already forgotten Jazz, Aria, Fabia, Linea T-Jet to name few.

Last edited by carwatcher : 31st May 2012 at 10:58.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:56   #123
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Good news. This topic is already being discussed here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...testing-8.html
Old 31st May 2012, 10:57   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
I doubt the launch will be happening anytime before 2013!
The Brio Diesel was caught testing already so I guess someone in the Honda top brass was woken up to realise that the company will not survive by selling only petrol engines till 2013.

We can only hope that this Diwali will be more optimistic year from Honda.

Cheers!
Old 31st May 2012, 11:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
The Brio Diesel was caught testing already so I guess someone in the Honda top brass was woken up to realise that the company will not survive by selling only petrol engines till 2013.

We can only hope that this Diwali will be more optimistic year from Honda.

Cheers!
The scoop is exactly only a week old. Diwali is not more than ~5 1/2 months away.
An an-petrol line-up brand in the country from so many years launching 3 diesels altogether seems highly unlikely IMO.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:19   #126
Senior - BHPian

Though Honda is planning to launch diesel, we need not get happy soon. We need to see how they are in performance. Currently we have so many good diesel options in the market. They need to match they or i will say they need to outperform them. They need to match them in quality, pickup, mileage, sound, vibrations and more important is price. No point in pricing Brio at 6+ lacs for diesel. Or say Honda city at 9+ lacs. So just wait & look for reviews once they are in market. They need to prove here to take big chunk in the market.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017

Amazing scoop. Finally Honda has woken up to the reality and accelerated their diesel launch. Any news if its an in house developed engine or bought from a another manufacturer?
Old 31st May 2012, 12:33   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
In the link below
Honda to launch diesel Brio by Diwali Photos | Pictures - Yahoo! News India

There is a auto transmission, looks like a photo and not an artists impression. Its in the Diesel thread discussion, are we looking at a HONDA + DIESEL + AUTO option! God save competition if this is true and more so if this is slated for Diwali release!

Honda, what trick lies in the hat?
Ah if wishes were horses..

Honda will introduce the diesel Brio and Honda will introduce the Brio AT too.

But I highly doubt Honda would bring in a diesel AT Brio. A diesel hatchback with an automatic transmission is unheard of. I might be wrong though.

I cannot stress enough on the importance of pricing these products though. A LOT depends on how Honda goes about doing that.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 12:56   #129
Senior - BHPian

The yahoo link provided is an year old article, but the business today article that was posted is a day old article.

Moreover, Honda diesel is not something new, only thing was their diesel mills were all running on high quality diesel, which Honda doubts whether the ones in India will do any harm.
so it should be the matter of calibrations or tuning, plus the cost involved for the region specific tweak.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:03   #130
Senior - BHPian

Lovely....finally it is no longer a dream to have a "D" Honda. I was always in love of their designs but wanted to stay loyal to my love for oil burners for its outright torque. I am in any case planning to buy a diesel hatch around navratras and if there are indications of Honda offering a diesel motor, I better stay away from finalizing anything else.

Many thanks for the information.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:29   #131
BHPian

Great scoop!!Read online that the brio is scheduled to be launched during diwali.
Petrol price hike: Honda advances launch of diesel Brio to Diwali 2012 - Business Today
Hope it is priced sensibly
Old 31st May 2012, 16:38   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Put a choked filter and almost all CRDIs would start emitting black smoke under heavy acceleration.
Anyways, it was not smoking heavily. It was just an observation to confirm its a DIESEL.
The Peugeot TUD5 has a heavy black smoke emission when you redline it for climbing near-impossible hills (I've only done this twice). It leaves a burning smell in the cabin for a couple of days too. It's an outdated technology though it does have the advantage of being able to run on Priya Sun Flower Oil when there's a fuel station strike - if the fuel stations won't supply, the supermarkets would be more than happy to! (though that would increase carbon deposits significantly)

Honda's new 1.6L common rail diesel engine is supposed to be fuel efficient so I imagine the black smoke may be something that is still being worked out. If you could hear the diesel clatter with the window open while driving down a highway, I would think they are still not close to announcing a launch overnight.
Old 31st May 2012, 17:32   #133
BHPian

Whattay scoop. Ice cream sandwich. Improve suspension, make the diesel at least half as good as the petrols, and team-bhpians will buy it . As for the rest, they would have bought it even if it was a 45 bhp car. 'Honda' and 'diesel' is all that is really required (Ok, I am exaggerating)
It's all around the Internet now. Is it going to be a 3-cylinder wonder? Honda have taken a really long time to get the diesel out, hope that it is the best in the business.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never, Honda finally decides to bring in the long overdue diesel engines to their cars.

The first to get the diesel heart is the Brio, will the Jazz and City get it too ? If they do, no surprises if they're back as segment toppers again.
Old 31st May 2012, 20:40   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I feel it will be sometime before they develop an auto box for the small diesel.
Well apart from being a Honda what other USP will the Brio D have (Q and being the Jap are there, but then what else)? Honda has been known to raise the bar with their product launches. They also have the brand calling to create a small car D segment auto market.

But all that said and done, you are right, the images always are ad material and loosely used around, but its tempting just to even think an Auto small D car from Honda!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks