Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2014, 11:01   #541
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Wow damager21! Thats some info. Where did you get these details?
I am happy about 16" wheels. atleast may be top end variant might get it.
Old 27th December 2014, 19:56   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
Wow damager21! Thats some info. Where did you get these details?
I am happy about 16" wheels. atleast may be top end variant might get it.
Source is Zauba. You can visit following link to access full list of parts imported for Honda Jazz.
https://www.zauba.com/import-honda-jazz-hs-code.html

Following is the feature list of 2011 Jazz. Base variant was superbly loaded and was available for only 5.5 lacs. The best part was that the security features were common across all 3 variants. Hope Honda can repeat the same pricing with feature list.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-2011.png  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 11:33   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Source is Zauba. You can visit following link to access full list of parts imported for Honda Jazz.

Following is the feature list of 2011 Jazz. Base variant was superbly loaded and was available for only 5.5 lacs. The best part was that the security features were common across all 3 variants. Hope Honda can repeat the same pricing with feature list.
I wish so too.I am hoping I dont have to buy the top end variant to get ABS and Airbags:(
Old 28th December 2014, 20:26   #544
BHPian

Quote:

This is the way that car variants would be structured, in an ideal world: All variants get essential safety features including stuff like rear wash and demisters, with all the major equipment being standard across versions, and the the higher variants just have fluff that some people want like alloys and fancy seat fabrics.

This is what we would see if the government got it's act together and mandated safety features on cars - and I am not talking just about Airbags and ABS but stuff like left ORVM and day-night mirrors (stuff that are shockingly omitted from all but the high-end variants). At the moment we are at the mercy of car manufacturers.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:54   #545
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
This is the way that car variants would be structured, in an ideal world:
==========
At the moment we are at the mercy of car manufacturers.
Safety should be primal and offered on all variants. Remaining extra features (and I repeat - cosmetic in nature ONLY) should be earmarked for top end variants...
Old 29th December 2014, 14:20   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Safety should be primal and offered on all variants. Remaining extra features (and I repeat - cosmetic in nature ONLY) should be earmarked for top end variants...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
This is the way that car variants would be structured, in an ideal world: All variants get essential safety features including stuff like rear wash and demisters, with all the major equipment being standard across versions, and the the higher variants just have fluff that some people want like alloys and fancy seat fabrics.
I agree and this is what Volkswagen has already done with New Polo. Base variant (Trendline) comes with dual Airbags. If VW can do it I am sure even Maruti and Hyundai can do the same.

I think while manufacturers acknowledge need for safer cars, none of them are willing to take a moral high ground by making bare minimum features like Airbag and ABS available across variants. Main reason for this is cost.

India being a value for money market, there are a set of consumers who prefer goodies over safety. Actually the current scheme of things work well for manufacturers because those interested in safety are be default pushed to buy mid or top variant cars.

I would expect Maruti to lead from the front. They sell 1 lac cars per month and this large volume will give them economies of scale leading to minimal price escalation. I dont expect their market share to dip if they were to increase price by 20k per model with added safety benefit.
Old 29th December 2014, 14:38   #547
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
I would expect Maruti to lead from the front. They sell 1 lac cars per month and this large volume will give them economies of scale leading to minimal price escalation. I dont expect their market share to dip if they were to increase price by 20k per model with added safety benefit.
Could'nt agree with you more on this. Maruti should set the trend on this and infact this move will actually help them increase their market share. 20K more on a model with added safety features does not hurt
Old 29th December 2014, 17:18   #548
BHPian

Other than VW, only Toyota offers airbags on all variants now. I don't have much hope on Maruti.
Old 29th December 2014, 18:47   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz is speculated to get CVT Automatic Gearbox & Paddle Shifters variant.

Quote:
The car will receive a CVT automatic gearbox and paddle shifters on the petrol powered variant sold here. The CVT and paddle shifters will be class leading features on the 2015 Jazz, which will be positioned as an upmarket hatchback aimed at the likes of the Hyundai's i20 Elite and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki's YRA
http://www.cartoq.com/2015-honda-jaz...-india-launch/

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th December 2014 at 19:06.
Old 29th December 2014, 18:55   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
The previous version of Jazz had ABS + Airbags as standard across all variants. I dont think they should change that.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:27   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jazz is speculated to get CVT Automatic Gearbox & Paddle Shifters variant.

http://www.cartoq.com/2015-honda-jaz...-india-launch/
Quote:
Another interesting piece - Paddle shifts have been imported.
Attachment 1322149

Moreover, the Part No. of Torque converter matches with that used in Honda City. So is Jazz getting CVT like City?
Attachment 1322151

No sun roof's imported, so looks like this feature will get knocked out. I think 16" tires and CVT gearbox with paddle shift could be big bang announcement for Jazz.
Look's like Cartoq has come up with this article basis my post last week where I pointed out that Honda has started importing parts to start production of Jazz. Couple of parts imported were Paddle shifts and a Torque converter whose Part No. matches with that used in Honda City.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:41   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Look's like Cartoq has come up with this article basis my post last week where I pointed out that Honda has started importing parts to start production of Jazz. Couple of parts imported were Paddle shifts and a Torque converter whose Part No. matches with that used in Honda City.
Post No.?

Kudos to you.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:57   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Post No.?

Kudos to you.
Post No 539 on Page 36

Just to add to the discussion on safety features, I think Australian version of Jazz is brilliantly loaded. In fact our top variant Jazz may not even match their base variant.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-specs1.png  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-jazz-specs2.png  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 16:36   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Post No 539 on Page 36

Just to add to the discussion on safety features, I think Australian version of Jazz is brilliantly loaded. In fact our top variant Jazz may not even match their base variant.
Yes, the Australian, Thai and Malaysian versions are all much better equipped when it comes to safety features. They have 6 airbags, ABS and ESP, whereas even the top Indian versions of the City/Jazz have only 2 airbags and ABS.

This is not peculiar to Honda either. Barring Ford to an extent, all manufacturers skimp on safety features on their India models. I think the Ford Ecosport AT is the only sub-10 lakh vehicle in India that has 6 airbags, ABS and ESP. The MT top-end versions have 6 airbags but no ESP.

Note that Ford uses India as an export base and has had to invest in a supply chain for these safety features, which perhaps keeps marginal costs low. Hyundai was not far behind earlier with the i20 having a 6 airbag option. But with increasing focus on domestic sales, that option is now out.

VW is one manufacturer that exports a significant quantum but still chooses to provide only 2 airbags + ABS on its Polo/Vento models in India. The DSG versions also have ESP but that is because it is built into the DSG module.

High time the govt mandated at least dual airbags and ABS on all cars. Safety apart, this would force manufacturers to develop their supply chains. There would be some initial costs but in the long run, higher volumes would bring down marginal costs. We would then see manufactures offering additional features such as ESP and side airbags in their top-end versions at least.
Old 31st December 2014, 07:58   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Jazz launch is in July 2015 reports ET. Jazz will be the only new launch from Honda in 2015.

They seem to be very careful in pricing at launch having learnt from past. Hope the Quality is sustained.

Quote:
The new Jazz is expected to offer higher fuel efficiency and several new features, including first-inits-class paddle gear shift system, which allows drivers to switch gear without using the clutch.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/45696898.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st December 2014 at 08:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks