Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 09:54   #556
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jazz launch is in July 2015 reports ET. Jazz will be the only new launch from Honda in 2015.

They seem to be very careful in pricing at launch having learnt from past. Hope the Quality is sustained.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/45696898.cms
I have stopped believing in the dates shared by ET. It looks like they came up with this article just to copy current news that Jazz may offer paddle shifts.

To try and spice it up they have not mentioned that AT version of Jazz will come with Paddle shifts. Instead they are saying

Quote:
First-in its-class paddle gear shift system, which allows drivers to switch gear without using the clutch
Is'nt it obvious that by default AT don't come with clutch and hence paddle shifts also don't require a clutch.

Also the article seems to be an hurried attempt. Following is the quote of Jnaneswar Sen in the article

Quote:
"We would like maintain the current volumes while expect to get incremental volume with re-entry into premium hatch category," he said.
What English is this?
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 12:13   #557
@KP
BHPian

Hmmm. Dunno what to believe now. Jul 2015 seems a bit too late.

NOTE FROM TEAM_BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid typing...like...this... Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th January 2015 at 17:10.
Old 31st December 2014, 18:45   #558

Too late indeed. I waited for almost 2 years before deciding on Polo GT TSI this October. My heart wanted GT TSI, despite the concerns over DSG. But the head wanted Jazz becuase it would be a more practical family car even though it may not be as much a driver's car as the Polo GT TSI. 2 months and 2000 kms later I'm glad with my decision. GT TSI is just too much fun.

However last week when we drove to Pondy, I simply could not fit my bicycle in, even after dismantling, though we were just 2 adults and 1 kid. Jazz would have easily accommodated the bicycle and all the luggage with its magic seats.

If we think of upgrading our old M800 next year, it is surely going to be Jazz.

By the way this is my first post in TeamBHP. So a big hello and wish you all a very happy 2015.

Anton
ANTON.D is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 20:07   #559
BHPian

ET is clearly living in another universe! There would not have been a July launch mention if they followed Gaadiwaadi and damager21's post ( super info that ).

March 2015 is ideal for Honda to stack a good number of cars, take on Hyundai and to assess what's cooking at the Suzuki YRA stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTON.D View Post
By the way this is my first post in TeamBHP. So a big hello and wish you all a very happy 2015.
Anton
Welcome ANTON.D and a happy 2015
Old 1st January 2015, 22:36   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Thank God they din't give the Chrome effect, on the black portion of the front grill of the new Jazz, for India. Or will they eventually do it by the time they launch the car... I hope not!
That's reserved for the Sport edition, Anniversary edition or Type-R version in India. j/k

Love the looks of the car so far. It's not a huge departure from it's previous gen and so all the endearing functionality of the original Jazz should be in there. I am sure the tyres can be up-sized but, hey Honda, 1980's called. They need their antenna back.

I am hoping that they load it well enough to compete with the i20 and Polo. Eagerly waiting for the launch.
Old 2nd January 2015, 23:39   #561
BHPian

I really hope Mar 2015 is when they will launch the Jazz in India. Been waiting for it for almost 6 months & any further delay would really mean I would have to look at other options

Hope the leaked pics are of a lower variant & the higher variant gets integrated indicators on OVRM & antenna at the back like how City differentiates between lower variants & higher variants [shark fin/regular antenna]

Hopefully someone at Honda is following this thread & gauges the excitement for the Jazz launch & sticks to Mar 2015 schedule

@damager21: That's some serious stuff you have put up dude. Great find!!
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:08   #562
BHPian

I am quite surprised to see that Honda is still non-committal on launching Jazz in March. Surely there is no production constraint. If we look at the last 3 months, average monthly production stood at 15,000 units.

Dec'14 - 15,048
Nov'14 - 16,153
Oct'14 - 13,599

Honda has a monthly production capacity of 20,000 units which means that they have an un-utilized capacity of 5,000 units per month. Is Honda expecting a demand of 10,000 Jazz per month?

The other point to consider is that the current high demand products viz. City and Mobilio are both produced at Tapukara plant while Brio and Amaze are produced at Noida plant.

If we were to look at the number of units sold by each model, City + Mobilio add up to 10,000 units and hence occupy complete production capacity of Tapukara.

I believe that Jazz will be produced at Noida plant where currently about 1,000 Brio and 4,000 Amaze is produced per month. Clearly there is a capacity at Noida which can be utilized immediately. In fact dwindling demand for Brio and Amaze will only free up more capacity.

The main reason for delay could be Maruti YRA. Maybe Honda wants to wait for Maruti to launch YRA to analyze the price and feature mix before launching Jazz.
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:36   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
The other point to consider is that the current high demand products viz. City and Mobilio are both produced at Tapukara plant while Brio and Amaze are produced at Noida plant.

If we were to look at the number of units sold by each model, City + Mobilio add up to 10,000 units and hence occupy complete production capacity of Tapukara.

I believe that Jazz will be produced at Noida plant where currently about 1,000 Brio and 4,000 Amaze is produced per month.
If this is right - I'm shocked by this strategy!

Brio, Amaze and Mobilio are based on the same platform and share a lot of common parts. It makes sense for all three to be produced in the same plant - logistics, costs savings etc.

Similarly for City and Jazz which again have a common parts bin. Why would they shuffle and make these products at different plants?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:58   #564
BHPian

Would Honda consider to fit the 1.6 City motor and sell this as the first true blue hot hatch???

Think an aftermarket turbo charging job on such a car and just imagine what you could have n your hands.
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:31   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If this is right - I'm shocked by this strategy!

Brio, Amaze and Mobilio are based on the same platform and share a lot of common parts. It makes sense for all three to be produced in the same plant - logistics, costs savings etc.

Similarly for City and Jazz which again have a common parts bin. Why would they shuffle and make these products at different plants?
I don't think they will take this strategy. This will obviously increase their cost of production. I think they are waiting to finalize these things first before they launch the car. They could also be waiting for the S-cross launch from MS to price the Jazz more competitively. Other reason for delaying the launch could be our Union Budget. May be they are waiting if the government change any policy or not. Afterall, they are trying to be more mass market brand now and these things matter for a mass market seller.
Old 4th January 2015, 20:09   #566
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Other reason for delaying the launch could be our Union Budget. May be they are waiting if the government change any policy or not. Afterall, they are trying to be more mass market brand now and these things matter for a mass market seller.
I think this is more the reason why Honda is delaying the launch.
Old 4th January 2015, 21:19   #567
BHPian

Quote:
They could also be waiting for the S-cross launch from MS to price the Jazz more competitively. Other reason for delaying the launch could be our Union Budget. May be they are waiting if the government change any policy or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
I think this is more the reason why Honda is delaying the launch.
I am not too sure if budget is a key reason because it will be out on 28th Feb / 1st Mar. This means that Honda should be in a position to launch Jazz any time in March because the only thing that will need to change if at all is pricing calculation.

I dont think increase or decrease in sops should take Honda 4 months to decide on pricing strategy.

This year we will witness a slew of launch. To name a few
Maruti: S-Cross, YRA, YBA
Ford: Figo
Hyundai: ix25, i20 Cross
Tata: Bolt
Mahindra: S101
Renault : Lodgy

For how much time and which all car launch will Honda wait before launching Jazz? Every name in the above list could be a direct / indirect competitor.
Old 5th January 2015, 21:12   #568
BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure if budget is a key reason because it will be out on 28th Feb / 1st Mar. This means that Honda should be in a position to launch Jazz any time in March because the only thing that will need to change if at all is pricing calculation.

I dont think increase or decrease in sops should take Honda 4 months to decide on pricing strategy.

This year we will witness a slew of launch. To name a few
Maruti: S-Cross, YRA, YBA
Ford: Figo
Hyundai: ix25, i20 Cross
Tata: Bolt
Mahindra: S101
Renault : Lodgy

For how much time and which all car launch will Honda wait before launching Jazz? Every name in the above list could be a direct / indirect competitor.
True. But you know everybody recons Maruti as the yardstick when it comes to pricing a product in their respective segments. So it may not be a concrete reason but it might be a concern for them as the S cross will also be launched in the second quarter of the year I guess. It is just my guess that's all.
Old 5th January 2015, 22:33   #569
BHPian

Quote:
But you know everybody recons Maruti as the yardstick when it comes to pricing a product in their respective segments.
Maruti could be a yardstick, but believe Honda may lose the opportunity to take the first bite of good chunk of market by launching in March 2015. With good amount of products in its portfolio now compared to few years ago & its experience with earlier Jazz debacle, I think Honda should know its pricing strategy by now.

Regarding budget, not sure but I think manufacturers do have insider info/early guess of what the policies may be.

Quote:
Waiting to check on competitor pricing may backfire big time. Also, Honda still has the brand value in spite of it going the mass market route & cutting costs as seen in the 4th Gen Honda City

Launching the Jazz with aggressive pricing in March should see a good record sales IMO
Old 13th January 2015, 16:57   #570
BHPian

Showrooms in Bangalore dont have any info on the release date. I called up a couple of showrooms and executives in both showrooms expect it to come around March-April.

Honda just launched updayed Amaze and Brio woth AVN system. Will we see that on the new jazz?Only time will tell.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks