Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 11:00   #481
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Every day I come here to check any update on the Jazz. But nothing :(
I just wish it is atleast available in March 2015 within my price range.
raptor3624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 22:42   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
I think Honda has already announced that Jazz will be launched in FY15 which means any time between April 2015 to March 2016.

No time frame mentioned which is disappointing. I hope there is a delay of max a month of two though it is highly likely that they will launch near Diwali next year.
Old 27th November 2014, 19:09   #483
BHPian

Quote:
I know the feeling my friend. I am in the same boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I think Honda has already announced that Jazz will be launched in FY15 which means any time between April 2015 to March 2016.

No time frame mentioned which is disappointing. I hope there is a delay of max a month of two though it is highly likely that they will launch near Diwali next year.
Sad. So, that's almost an year ahead for the launch. Let me hope I will not be pulled into temptation by other launches by then.
Old 28th November 2014, 12:42   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
I know the feeling my friend. I am in the same boat

Sad. So, that's almost an year ahead for the launch. Let me hope I will not be pulled into temptation by other launches by then.
I am thinking which other vehicle would come close to the new jazz. Just in case they push the release further. The max I can wait for this vehicle is March-April.
Old 29th November 2014, 09:18   #485
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking which other vehicle would come close to the new jazz. Just in case they push the release further. The max I can wait for this vehicle is March-April.
I too am waiting for Jazz and can wait till May. While the exact launch date of many other cars is still not clear, following could be some of the exciting cars to look consider if launched by mid-2015.
  • Tata Bolt (Hatchback)
  • Maruti YBA (Compact SUV)
  • Maruti YRA (Hatchback)
  • Ford Figo facelift (Hatchback)
Of all these, YRA could be an exciting launch as it would offer the space and comfort of Jazz with Maruti service assurance and lower price tag.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:07   #486
BHPian

I think the YRA and YBA will be later than the release of Jazz.
Old 12th December 2014, 09:59   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2014 Jazz has been reviewed by the guys at ACI in Singapore. It will be launched in India by the beginning of the second quarter of 2015.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20141211051111_jazzmain.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20141211051123_jazz6.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20141211051205_jazz5.jpg

Excerpts:

Quote:
The cabin feels familiar largely due to the fact that there are a lot of bits in here that link the Jazz to the City sedan. The chunky steering, the instruments and the basic layout of the centre console are all very similar. There are a number of generous cubbys for storing small items too. Overall quality is also pretty much the same with hard but seemingly long-lasting plastics in use throughout the cabin.

However, with a photo of the City’s cabin in one hand, I’m able to note the differences. The Jazz’s asymmetrical dashboard extends further forwards towards the windscreen, the portion above the glovebox is more layered (there’s no secondary compartment like the old Jazz either), there’s a cupholder at the driver’s end of the dash (like the old Jazz) and there are generally fewer silver plastics all around. Jazz models in most international markets, like the one pictured here, also get a 7-inch touchscreen, but top-end variants of the Indian version will, in all probability, use the City’s 5-inch unit. Honda has learnt the hard way that Indian buyers like features and so is likely to sell the Jazz in fairly loaded form. That said, the Jazz will be different to the City in its use of manual controls for the air-con system. It’s not a negative really, because the knurled knobs are large and fall very easily to hand. Still, it’s a pity the recirculation control is of the outdated slider type. A more pertinent issue, though, is visibility past the thick A-pillar. The blind spot easily hides large vehicles and is bound to be a problem at crossroads.

Even in the back, the large windows allow lots of light in and make the cabin look larger than it already is. Like before, Honda has really aced packaging here to come up with something that could humble many larger mid-size sedans on rear seat space. The new Jazz’s extra 30mm of wheelbase seem to have been completely used in creating even more space in the back. It’s a car you can easily sit cross-legged in, there’s that much legroom. Headroom is fantastic as well and there’s also sufficient width to seat three abreast.

It’s a car that puts practicality and ease of use above all else. While not the most exciting car to drive, it is easy to live with and brilliantly versatile. A spacious cabin and good all-round comfort are other key elements of the package. Also expect it to be a lot better equipped this time around. The other big thing to expect is a more competitive price tag.
Complete Review - ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 10:25   #488
Senior - BHPian

On my recent trip to Malaysia, I saw the Jazz and it looks smashing. But once you step in, the feeling is all familiar like stepping into a City. I don't expect the Jazz interiors to be fixing any short comings that you may find in City.
Old 12th December 2014, 11:19   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish they launch a 1.5L petrol variant also which definitely will please some enthusiasts. :-)
One important aspect will the ground clearance of the new Jazz with reference to Indian context.
Old 12th December 2014, 22:31   #490
BHPian

From the review it seems Honda is targeting the masses and not the enthusiast. The exterior and interiors are good to look at and attractive. If Honda can price it judiciously then it will have a winner in hand.
Old 13th December 2014, 10:00   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I wish they launch a 1.5L petrol variant also which definitely will please some enthusiasts. :-)
One important aspect will the ground clearance of the new Jazz with reference to Indian context.
+1 to that. GC has always been a problem with Honda cars and a much talked/complained about issue. It's high time they fix it rather than hoping for better roads & scientific speed-breakers in India.

A 1.5L while super desirable, might be wishful thinking. Maybe get the 1.5 as a true 'Sports' version? What I am hoping for is increased GC and an affordable AT option i.e. less than 1 lakh difference over comparable MT variants.
Old 13th December 2014, 10:16   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
+1 to that. GC has always been a problem with Honda cars and a much talked/complained about issue. It's high time they fix it rather than hoping for better roads & scientific speed-breakers in India.

A 1.5L while super desirable, might be wishful thinking. Maybe get the 1.5 as a true 'Sports' version? What I am hoping for is increased GC and an affordable AT option i.e. less than 1 lakh difference over comparable MT variants.
Haven't they already fixed this issue with the new City? Read multiple owners commenting that GC is not a big problem anymore, thanks mainly to the stiffer suspension setup.

Already the autocar review comments that the Jazz doesn't feel sporty. Increased GC surely won't help!

Also, it would be interesting to see if Honda gives the Jazz the 6 speed gearbox from the City diesel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 22:21   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Haven't they already fixed this issue with the new City? Read multiple owners commenting that GC is not a big problem anymore, thanks mainly to the stiffer suspension setup.

Already the autocar review comments that the Jazz doesn't feel sporty. Increased GC surely won't help!

Also, it would be interesting to see if Honda gives the Jazz the 6 speed gearbox from the City diesel.
Thanks for the information. I haven't really followed the threads for the new City so didn't know they've corrected it - about time too considering they've been in India for a decade and a half.
Old 16th December 2014, 21:48   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
...I haven't really followed the threads for the new City so didn't know they've corrected it - about time too considering they've been in India for a decade and a half.
Nop; this was NOT done in the new City; but the facelifted version of the previous gen itself.
Old 21st December 2014, 12:12   #495
BHPian

It looks like Honda is sticking to its original plan of launching Jazz in March 2015.

Following articles all point to this and in fact there is a mention that Honda has already started production of prototype version of Jazz. Not sure how authentic these sources are but if true, then this indeed is good news.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...il-126629.html

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2014/1...-march-2015-2/

http://fly-wheel.com/next-generation...in-march-2015/

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-tweets.png
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazz1.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazzinteriors.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazzseating.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com