Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2015, 19:14   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

2015 Honda Fit Gets Widebody Kit and Custom LED Lights as showcased at this years Tokyo Auto Salon - definitely brings out more character and sporty side to Jazz!

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondafitgetswidebodykitandcustomledlightsphotogallery_11.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondafitgetswidebodykitandcustomledlightsphotogallery_1.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondafitgetswidebodykitandcustomledlightsphotogallery_8.jpg

Quote:
A widebody kit built to special order and some amazing new LED headlights and taillights.

The Tjin Edition 2015 Honda Fit features custom Axalta paint job, 18-inch iForged wheels wrapped with Falken tires, AirREX air suspension and Bisimoto accessories
The wide-body kit is definitely an awe-inspiring look for anybody who owns the new Fit. It's dramatic and bold, like a rally car, bringing out the five-door hatchback’s hidden sportiness. As for the LED light, well they give it a sort of NSX-like character

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ery-91212.html#
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 19:19   #602
BHPian

Why is the yellow color missing in the vehicles displayed . Could still recall the glossier ad of jazz by honda thailand
Old 17th January 2015, 19:53   #603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Off-topic - I noticed the same thing in some other cars like the Figo where the hatch door is protruding more or same as the bumper. Now, Figo is well under 4M..so, I don't know why Ford took such a stupid decision. May be wafer thin bumpers are the trend but that's something I don't like. Apart from protecting the body, a meatier bumper adds to the looks of the car as well making it look more muscular and aggressive.
Even the City follows this trend. I'm not really sure of the reasons, but I guess passenger safety rules internationally are forcing these design changes. We have a thread running for this topic-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-useless.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 Honda Fit Gets Widebody Kit and Custom LED Lights as showcased at this years Tokyo Auto Salon - definitely brings out more character and sporty side to Jazz!
Wow.

The headlights look similar to the stock lamps available on the City hybrid- the Grace. Hot stuff! Hope we get it as accessories at least.

Even the RS vb-san shared above. Hope it makes it here mated to a 1.5 CVT with paddle shifters.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 22:02   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Being a previous Jazz owner, I would have really liked
the beefier bumper.

The reason a beefier bumper will not be offered is pretty clear though. A beefier bumper would mean that Jazz would easily cross the 4M length, hence making it in-feasible to remain competitive in the market because of increased taxation

Hello there,

I read somewhere on team-bhp that bumpers are not included in the length of the vehicle.

Is it possible?
Old 17th January 2015, 22:13   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello there,

I read somewhere on team-bhp that bumpers are not included in the length of the vehicle.

Is it possible?
As far as I know, the length of the vehicle is calculated from bumper to bumper. In cars like Ecosport, the spare wheel at the back is not calculated for length and Ford intelligently placed the spare wheel at the back which not only added more style to the car but also escaped the 4m rule.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 22:26   #606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello there,

Is it possible?

Bumpers are very much included in the length of the vehicle.

You might have read that the spare tyre is not. For example- the Ford Ecosport and Mahindra Quanto qualify for the sub-4m rules only because the length is taken without the spare wheel attached.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 19:10   #607
BHPian

Say, why no blue colour? I bet even the blue colour f the Amaze/Brio will look very good on the Jazz
Old 18th January 2015, 20:50   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I would have preferred the meaty North American rear bumper instead of the this almost flush-fitting rest-of-the-world one, but this is the one that was expected to be launched in India.
Quote:
Being a previous Jazz owner, I would have really liked
the beefier bumper. In fact, one of my issues with the car is that any hit from behind results in dent/scratch on the hatch door and it looks really ugly. If the bumper was beefier, it would not have happened. And you can live with battle scars on the bumper but not on the hatch door
Agree on the bumper being on the beefier side but that would put it beyond the 4m & deprive it of its tax benefits as mentioned above. As much as I see Honda sticking to this bumper for the tax benefit, was wondering if the beefier bumper can be had as an official accessory like how they have spoiler, bumper protector etc..

I am sure they would be people willing to swap it out during purchase itself, ain't it? Would love to hear fellow bhpians opinion on this accessory idea

You never know, Honda might read this thread & offer it up [Wishful Thinking]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
Say, why no blue colour? I bet even the blue colour f the Amaze/Brio will look very good on the Jazz
Was disappointing too of not seeing the blue color in the spy pics. It looks too good in that color.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-malaysia_jazz.jpg

Source: Malaysian Honda site
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 21:16   #609
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason a beefier bumper will not be offered is pretty clear though. A beefier bumper would mean that Jazz would easily cross the 4M length, hence making it in-feasible to remain competitive in the market because of increased taxation.
The North American Fit has a length of 160" or 4064 mm, while the rest-of-the-world model measures 3955 mm in length.

Now, the North American version has beefy bumpers at both the front and rear - thanks to US regulations. For India, at least the rear bumper needs to function well by protruding out. With 45 mm to play around with, Honda India could have made only the rear bumper protrude out by 40 mm or 4 cm more, if not the same as the US version. In such a case, the length of the car would be 3995 mm, or still within the 4 m mark, while the bumper would have offered a decent level of protection.

The almost flush-fitting rear bumper seems to be the standard Jazz design (including in Japan and Europe), and Honda India seem to have localised the same specifications. Even on the City and Mobilio, the rear bumper hardly protrudes out a little from the body.

Quote:
Off-topic - I noticed the same thing in some other cars like the Figo where the hatch door is protruding more or same as the bumper. Now, Figo is well under 4M..so, I don't know why Ford took such a stupid decision. May be wafer thin bumpers are the trend but that's something I don't like. Apart from protecting the body, a meatier bumper adds to the looks of the car as well making it look more muscular and aggressive.
Yes, even other manufacturers don't seem to care much about offering the much needed beefy rear bumpers. The Elite i20 is another one. The new international i20 is over 4 m in length and they had to shorten it for India. They reduced the car's length to 3985 mm by making both the bumpers less meaty. 3995 mm with 10 mm more of the rear bumper would have been much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
As much as I see Honda sticking to this bumper for the tax benefit, was wondering if the beefier bumper can be had as an official accessory like how they have spoiler, bumper protector etc.
It's not enough to change the bumper alone i.e. the outer plastic one. It's important to change the inner support structures too. Merely screwing on the beefier bumper without adding the support structures would result in the plastic bumper getting cracked or broken on even a small impact.

While it should theoretically be possible procure the rear bumper and the inner support structures from North America and retrofit them on the Indian Jazz, practical difficulties may arise in the process. Unless of course, Honda themselves offer the kit as an aftermarket accessory.

Who knows, maybe if enough customers pester them to bring in the North American rear bumper as an accessory, or as a part of some body kit, they may do it.

Last edited by RSR : 18th January 2015 at 21:29.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 09:28   #610
BHPian

I guess manufacturers like to leave the last few mm for any irregularities in production quality.
goldie_malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 10:01   #611
Senior - BHPian

Honda is further working on reduction of NVH for Jazz. Expect even better results from Jazz (against City).

One of the major things that Honda might be looking at is to gain instant traction in the market considering the new i20 as the chief competition.

Jazz will have following advantages:
- Better brand recognition
- Better space management
- Diesel CVT (wait for this, but will happen soon - better performance against AMTs / Torque units), the torque distribution is very even in I-Dtec motor which is not the case for i20 CRDI motor, CVT will perform better and the rubber-band effect will be visible only in extremely hard usage of motor.
- Fresh inside out
- A version beyond the proposed 4 trims (once the initial hype is over)
- New features (i20 reduced few in this re-launch)

Cheers
-
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 10:38   #612
BHPian

While I loved everything in the previous gen Jazz, apart from its pricing, I find this version of Jazz's looks strange.
The front grille and bonnet look out of sync with the rest of the car. IMO, Honda could have done a better styling job.
Old 19th January 2015, 14:22   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Honda is further working on reduction of NVH for Jazz. Expect even better results from Jazz (against City).
Not to sound rude, but how do you know this for sure?It is a very good news but is this coming from reliable sources?
Old 19th January 2015, 18:09   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Honda is further working on reduction of NVH for Jazz. Expect e............
- Better space management
- Diesel CVT (wait for this, but will happen soon - better performance against AMTs / Torque units), the torque distribution is very even in I-Dtec motor which is not the case for i20 CRDI motor, CVT will perform better and the rubber-band effect will be visible only in extremely hard usage of motor. ...........

-
Are you really sure about this, i mean did you get it from a reliable source? Or just guessing (sorry)

If it's for real, then Honda would be having its hands full.
Old 19th January 2015, 18:58   #615
BHPian

Quote:
It's not enough to change the bumper alone i.e. the outer plastic one. It's important to change the inner support structures too.
Yes, that was my intention as well. Just plastic would be more of a pain than any help & doesn't warrant an upgrade.

Quote:
Who knows, maybe if enough customers pester them to bring in the North American rear bumper as an accessory, or as a part of some body kit, they may do it.
That's the million dollar question, if enough of us can pester them?

Quote:
- A version beyond the proposed 4 trims (once the initial hype is over)
- New features (i20 reduced few in this re-launch)
Do you have more info / elaborate a bit more on above two?

I see you have RJ in your location, so guessing you have reliable sources
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks