Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 15:08   #691
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think a hatch is just as complicated to design and manufacture compared to a boot. The extra price we pay for models like the Amaze over the Brio should mainly be due to the market perception and willingness to pay extra for a 'sedan'. Infact - Honda had made an announcement along similar lines when the earlier Jazz was launched, however - I can't seem to find it with google search.
True, and this is not just with the Jazz/City. In many markets the Fiesta hatchback in more expensive or priced similar to the sedan variant. Same goes for cars like Mazda 2/3 etc.
Old 23rd January 2015, 15:27   #692
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
@kp - anytime after budget . probably second week of march
Now, thats very encouraging news. How come there is no word from any of the dealers ?? They infact feign ignorance that production has even started !! Strange
Old 23rd January 2015, 15:46   #693
Team-BHP Support

The outgoing Jazz has a few issues that need to be addressed urgently.

- The suspension: It's mediocre to say the least. Low speed ride is pretty stiff. It does absorb some of the rough stuff, but only up to a certain point, after which it seems like it's had enough. Thuds creep into the cabin more often than not. High speed ride is just as bad. It lacks compliance over undulations and can get easily unsettled. Fill her up with people and luggage and the suspension sags, making even smaller speed-breakers look potentially threatening. In a nutshell, the suspension is woefully under damped and over sprung. Couple this with a ridiculously light and lifeless steering and you've got yourself a twitchy and easily agitated car on a less-than-perfect highway. Honda seems to have fixed this issue in the new City, although the steering continues to be lifeless. Let's hope the changes are carried over to the new Jazz.

- Low-end torque: The 1.2 iVtec in the Jazz feels out of breath before you even get it going! You need to feed it a lot of throttle and watch the revs climb if you want it to get anywhere. The tall gearing doesn't help matters either.

Issues expected in the up-coming Jazz:

- Cost-cutting: It has become the norm these days, hasn't it? I expect the new Jazz to have inferior build quality overall and fit-finish. Not only will Honda skimp on equipment, I'm sure the quality of body panels and interior plastics will be on par with the current City, which isn't exactly a good thing. The City's overall quality has dipped with the introduction of the new generation. And the Jazz felt a tad better built and finished than the previous generation City. That should give you an idea of what the new Jazz will be like. Sigh.
suhaas307 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:15   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
[

Issues expected in the up-coming Jazz:

- Cost-cutting: It has become the norm these days, hasn't it? [...] That should give you an idea of what the new Jazz will be like. Sigh.
+1

I always felt that the 1.2 iVTEC had a non-existent low end torque. Whenever I drove one, it always felt that I had to press the pedal to the metal to get some decent action. On the other hand, the Hyundai's 1.2 Kappa and Maruti's K10 / K12B performed wonderfully

One think that we couldn't find fault on the older Jazz was the build quality.

I am hoping that Honda doesn't do much of a cost cutting in Jazz, else they'll be eaten alive by i20 after the initial launch euphoria. ix25 is also on the way. Hyundai is going great guns in India! (Despite their Verna, Elantra are doing not so ok, and their Sonata is lost)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:27   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Now Jazz is spotted with 16" alloys ( Top Variant?)

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-b8bqzuciaavmey.jpg

source:GW

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2015 at 16:34.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:30   #696
BHPian

yes, the 1.2litre engine is because of the excise duty benefit.
Launch date is after this financial year i.e sometime after April '15.
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:44   #697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

source:GW
Now that looks like the RS variant to me. 16" alloys, indicators on the ORVMs, and a sharkfin antenna!
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:04   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Now that looks like the RS variant to me. 16" alloys, indicators on the ORVMs, and a sharkfin antenna!
Not yet the RS I suppose... No projektor headlamps? But I love it... This is good news as is.
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:08   #699
BHPian

Honda imported 16" Tires last month - 185/55R16. Quite likely that the RS / Top variant will come with these.

Also, I think recent news of Fiat introducing TJet engine in Punto Evo would possibly compel Honda to launch Jazz with 1.5L engine.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz.png  

Old 23rd January 2015, 17:40   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Thanks for the pic Volkman10. Man, love those Alloys!! Similar to the Malaysian version Jazz. Was fearing Honda would launch the Top variant with the weird looking 5 spoke fan shaped one. Also, like the Front lip being Black than Chrome. Personal preference though.

I hope it's not for export market though Not sure if Honda exports to any country from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I doubt if its the RS version. No RS badge on the front lip, No projector headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Also, I think recent news of Fiat introducing TJet engine in Punto Evo would possibly compel Honda to launch Jazz with 1.5L engine.
If the Punto TJet news is kind of true then Honda should take the first bite by launching the 1.5L RS version simultaneously with the other versions it expects to launch after Budget. No point waiting for the initial hype of the 1.2L Jazz to die down & then launch RS. Anyways there would be waiting period, so rather launch it & gauge the feedback.

Pricing it though is the tricky part since it will be in the tax bracket of city . If Punto with its 1.4L can price it with a Tank like build for around 7-7.25L, wonder why Honda can't?

Last edited by manas_270 : 23rd January 2015 at 17:44.
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:59   #701
BHPian

As per GaadiWaadi, made in India Honda Jazz 2015 has been launched in South Africa with 1.2 litre & 1.5 litre I-VTEC CVT. It measures - 3955 mm in length and comes with a 7" touch screen

So is this news a dampener? Was all the imports of 16" tires, paddle shifts and CVT assembly for 1.5 litre engine meant for Export version of Jazz?

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-south-africa.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-india.jpg

The only reason I see this news being false is that on Honda South Africa website, they have posted following snap of Jazz. The front grill is what we see in Australian and European version of Jazz. Also, it will be a surprise if Honda was to use India as an export hub. I think they have always maintained that they will use current capacity to cater to demand of Indian customers.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-front_jazz_prototype_872x480px.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 23rd January 2015 at 18:19.
Old 23rd January 2015, 18:44   #702
BHPian

Quote:
As per GaadiWaadi, made in India Honda Jazz 2015 has been launched in South Africa

The only reason I see this news being false is that on Honda South Africa website, they have posted following snap of Jazz. The front grill is what we see in Australian and European version of Jazz. Also, it will be a surprise if Honda was to use India as an export hub. I think they have always maintained that they will use current capacity to cater to demand of Indian customers.
Actually when the second set of spy pics were released by Gaadiwaadi, a poster in a different forum had mentioned that these Jazzs were for African market and that he got the info from a reliable contact in Honda.

I argued that it is false showing the same image you have given below. Moreover I had also given the same point about export which I still believe is true. Honda officially is targetting an export of only 9k units an year. This should only satisfy the demand for City + Mobilio in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh n Africa. So I don't really think the South African Jazz is going from India. Also Zauba has not listed any export of Jazz from India as of now.
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:37   #703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As per GaadiWaadi, made in India Honda Jazz 2015 has been launched in South Africa with 1.2 litre & 1.5 litre I-VTEC CVT.
Positioned as a mini-MPV.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1422021877.395071.jpg

However, from the pic- it looks like the media drives are done. Honda website shows a feb launch though! The alloys do look similar to the spyshots.
Old 23rd January 2015, 21:39   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Positioned as a mini-MPV.

However, from the pic- it looks like the media drives are done. Honda website shows a feb launch though! The alloys do look similar to the spyshots.
I only hope against this was the picture given in the SA Honda website showing the European model. Now that media drives were done using the model seen in spy shots + Gaadiwaadi reports + The info provided my a poster in a different forum all point to the same thing.

All the discussions over the last couple of weeks were regarding the South African Jazz We will have to wait to see what Honda provides to India and when they are planning to launch
Old 23rd January 2015, 22:34   #705
BHPian

Honda Jazz launch price in South Africa
Jazz 1.2 Trend - INR 9.67 lacs
Jazz 1.2 Comfort - INR 11 lacs
Jazz 1.2 Comfort CVT - INR 11.93 lac
Jazz 1.5 Elegance - INR 12.34 lac
Jazz 1.5 Elegance CVT - INR 13.45 lac
Jazz 1.5 Dynamic - INR 13.45 lac
Jazz 1.5 Dynamic CVT- INR 14.64 lac

Passive safety features include dual front, side and curtain airbags, inertia reel seatbelts with pre-tensioners and load limiters for front occupants, and height adjustable seatbelt anchors. Child seat tethers are fitted to the rear.

Active safety systems includes ABS anti-lock brakes with electronic brake force distribution (EBD), emergency braking assistance (EBA), Vehicle Stability Assistance (VSA), parking sensors and Hill Start Assist.

Other features include Cruise control, automatic climate control, seven-inch display in the dashboard, which incorporates the audio system, Bluetooth telephony, the trip computer, and more. There’s also leather trim on the steering wheel and gearshift knob. Paddle shifts come in CVT all variants.

1.2 i-VTEC CVT offers fuel efficiency of 17.84 kmpl
1.5 i-VTEC CVT offers fuel efficiency of 17.2 kmpl

The seven-model Jazz range is produced in Honda’s Tapukara facility in Rajasthan, India. A three-year/100 000 km warranty, which includes one year’s roadside assistance, is standard and all models, apart from the 1,2, Trend, are covered by four-year/60 000 km service plans from new.

Following are 2 more spy images in India
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-b8cvh58cmaaqlzd.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-b8cvm1cuaa8u8h-1.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 23rd January 2015 at 22:42.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks