Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:58   #511
BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I think prices would be as below (Considering 1 lakh less than City)

Petrol
EMT- 6.2L
VAT- 8.9L
I strongly believe that low 5 lacs is definitely a pricing which Honda can achieve. There is significant saving of 12% on tax for being a sub- 4 meter car with 1.2 litre engine.

Honda City attracts 20% tax as compared to Jazz which will be taxed 8%. If City was to be taxed 8%, it's Ex-showroom price would have been 6.48 lacs. Don't think a hatch would cost only 28k less than its sedan sibling.

Following chart shows that Volkswagen and Fiat are already offering a price difference of over 2 lacs between their sedan and hatchback models. Also, fit and finish in base model of Polo is by no means inferior than Vento.
Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:20   #512
BHPian

In terms of quality or the lack of it, I don't think Jazz will be much different from the current City. Afterall Jazz has the same dashboard layout and they are not gonna produce same panels from different materials sans features. I think the main USP for Jazz will be interior space, badge value, mileage etc. As far as pricing is concerned my intuition says they will price the base petrol variant in the vicinity of 5.5Lakh. Anything more than that and the top end diesel will cost upward of 9 lakh. Then it will be another failure from Honda. The Polo GT TDI costs 7.99L ex-showroom.

Last edited by Carpainter : 22nd December 2014 at 13:21.
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:28   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Production version of Jazz spotted. Launch could be in this Finacial year (March-15)

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-b5jrwaucuaew0tu.jpg

https://twitter.com/gaadiwaadi/statu...403457/photo/1
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:50   #514
BHPian

Honda Jazz available in six colors in India
* White
* Red
* Silver
* Titanium Metallic
* Crystal Black
* Carnelian Red

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-india.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz.jpg

Source: GaadiWaadi

Last edited by damager21 : 23rd December 2014 at 22:04.
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 09:52   #515
Team-BHP Support

Indianisation zindabad!

Name:  Fit_base.PNG
Views: 6879
Size:  282.4 KB

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-fit_topend.png

ORVMs don't get the integrated turn indicator whereas the global Fit does. Alloys are 15 inchers compared to the 16” that the Fit receives. When the Elite i20 and Punto Evo receives 16” alloys, Honda sticks with the older norm. The Fit has the stubby radio antenna at the rear whereas the Jazz gets the long antenna at the front. Eager to see where else they’ve cut costs.

On a side note, good to see Gaadiwaadi set up their camp outside Honda’s yard as well.
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 10:47   #516
BHPian

Thank God they din't give the Chrome effect, on the black portion of the front grill of the new Jazz, for India. Or will they eventually do it by the time they launch the car... I hope not!
Old 24th December 2014, 11:25   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks under-tyred. Thankfully no chrome in front and hopefully no chrome at back either. Now the wait continues for specifications and of course, the TeamBHP Official review as and when it comes. My elder brother is very much keen on this in exchange of his Ritz but all depends on the unbiased review here. I just hope they load it with all safety features.
Old 24th December 2014, 12:22   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Indianisation z
ORVMs don't get the integrated turn indicator whereas the global Fit does. Alloys are 15 inchers compared to the 16” that the Fit receives. When the Elite i20 and Punto Evo receives 16” alloys, Honda sticks with the older norm. The Fit has the stubby radio antenna at the rear whereas the Jazz gets the long antenna at the front. Eager to see where else they’ve cut costs.

On a side note, good to see Gaadiwaadi set up their camp outside Honda’s yard as well.
Thanks a lot.
I am very disapointed with the long antenna. Even my Jazz, the previous generation one, has got a nice stubby rear antenna and so does the City (new and old). It looks like Honda is clearly after volumes and they are going to compromise on quality and features. Bad news for potential buyers... The Jazz should have been well loaded and also provide the excellent quality of the previous generation car. But, Honda is playing it safe!
Old 24th December 2014, 12:40   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

That alloy looks hugely inspired from the erstwhile Swift alloys (pre-facelift). Given the amount of cost cutting visible, I strongly believe that Honda will target a competitive pricing this time.
Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 12:45   #520
i10
BHPian

Are the fog lamps also missing, or is it just the angle of the photo?
Old 24th December 2014, 12:46   #521
BHPian

This looks like a mid variant of Jazz and hence some amount of compromise as far as the features are concerned. While we see alloy wheels, both elements of the front grill are black.

I believe in the top variant of Jazz, lower element of front grill would be Chrome and hence in lines with what we see in all global variants of Jazz.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2014hondafitjazz202.jpg

Also, ORVMs don seem to have integrated turn indicator and long Radio antenna in the front is a departure from the sort antenna we see on City and global variants of Jazz. Fog lamps are missing too.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-2015hondajazz_rear.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 24th December 2014 at 12:48.
Old 24th December 2014, 13:16   #522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
Are the fog lamps also missing, or is it just the angle of the photo?
I am guessing it is the photo angle. Even the cheaper Brio is equipped with fog lamps.
Old 24th December 2014, 14:11   #523
@KP
BHPian

I so hope that the pics here are of the mid variant and that the top end has all the bells and whistles. I know Honda might be playing a volume game here but should include all the features atleast for the top end...
Old 24th December 2014, 15:26   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks a lot.
I am very disapointed with the long antenna. Even my Jazz, the previous generation one, has got a nice stubby rear antenna and so does the City (new and old). It looks like Honda is clearly after volumes and they are going to compromise on quality and features. Bad news for potential buyers... The Jazz should have been well loaded and also provide the excellent quality of the previous generation car. But, Honda is playing it safe!
Yours was probably the last Honda in India (in the mass-market space) with solid European-like build. Considering that they have price it below the City for the Indian market, I don't expect the quality and equipment levels to keep up with the international standards.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:56   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yours was probably the last Honda in India (in the mass-market space) with solid European-like build. Considering that they have price it below the City for the Indian market, I don't expect the quality and equipment levels to keep up with the international standards.
Following article on Motorbeam has some valid points about the upcoming Jazz.

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/12/car...es-with-amaze/

It says:
Honda will position the Jazz right against the Hyundai Elite i20 but unlike the City which easily beat the Verna in sales, the Jazz won’t have it easy because the latest i20 is quite a car. Further making life difficult for the Jazz (which flopped in its previous generation) is the upcoming Maruti YRA, a car whose petrol version will easily be the best in class (just like the Swift). Honda needs to ensure the Jazz is properly loaded with a lot of equipment and isn’t priced at a premium like the City, because in the case of the Jazz, it already needs to get over the poor performance of its predecessor.

I think how much and to what extent Honda compromises on quality & cuts down the feature list depends on the numbers they are chasing for Jazz. Honda currently has a production capacity of 20,000 units per month. At present, month-on-month they are churning out 15,000 units on an average.

My guess is that this 15,000 number will not be sustainable as over the next 6 months demand for City and Mobilio will slow down leaving a higher production capacity for Jazz.

Given this, Honda would be chasing a demand of at least 7,000 units per month for which an aggressive price would be required. Eventually, they may price Jazz below Elite i20 and hence offer lesser features.
Attached Thumbnails

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks