Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:21   #436
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

This is such a lovely looking car. I am glad to see the favorite brand evolving. Looking back, the indica generation 1 was a cute bubble looking car (sans the issues that they suffered in the initial lot) The vista ruined the looks, zest recovered from that mishap. Kite is an excellent design. Looks much cuter and smart than the Maruti's.

On the initial impressions from twitter:

A car of this size is meant to be a mix of economy, pleasure and reliability. I do not understand why one of the tweet mentioned its not peppy but linear. So is the alto, i10. They are not the rev friendly zoom ahead type engines (or am i getting this wrong)

One of the comments on twitter mentioned cheap plastics ? What is meant by that ? I do not find the plastic quality of the zest any different from a swift. The swift looks little polished texture but strength wise i think they are same. I do not think any car in the sub 10L range offers extremely good quality plastics (like the merc or BMW)
sunishsamuel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:59   #437
BHPian

Just noticed one thing in the interior picture, does anyone know what is this? There's 2kg written on it?
Image:
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1-copy.jpg
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:01   #438
Senior - BHPian

Not so great news on the build quality front.

Source: https://twitter.com/bertrandOD
Attached Images

Old 2nd December 2015, 14:07   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Just noticed one thing in the interior picture, does anyone know what is this? There's 2kg written on it?
Image:
Attachment 1446221
It should be a push-to-release hook which can be used for hanging covers and other things. Maximum safe working load the hook can carry = 2 kg.
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:13   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It should be a push-to-release hook which can be used for hanging covers and other things. Maximum safe working load the hook can carry = 2 kg.
Thanks Gannu! That's exactly the first thought I had, but considering the low position, immediately dis-regarded it.

I guess will have to wait for the Smaller Yet Significant Things in the Zica Official review.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:22   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
The size and engine specifications pit it right against Grandi10. The features list seems to be a long one with lot of options on the Infotainment system. This car can hold on its own, in every aspect against well entrenched rivals.

Can the two new indigenous cars (Zica and XUV100(?)) steal the thunder from the Koreans and Japanese in the segment? Would be an interesting six months ahead.
I just hope both cars succeed. Zica looks promising. I have Grand i10 but I am liking Zica over it. TATA Motors deserves a success here.
puneeth2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:28   #442
BHPian

The specs are out & there is no mention of an AMT being provided on either the Petrol or the Diesel variant.
That sure is going to put it out of list of many potential city dwellers would've loved the diesel + AT combination.
Heck, I would have preferred an AMT even with the petrol given they, TATA generally price their car's very sensibly.

Last edited by tabrez : 2nd December 2015 at 14:29. Reason: rectifying spelling error
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:23   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Not so great news on the build quality front.

Source: https://twitter.com/bertrandOD
Also See this image from the same twitter source
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-zica.jpg

1. No red line on tacho - The needle turns red
2. how does one feel shudder in clutch when accelerating ?

As for your door concern - People who are new even find it hard to open the door of my zest- because it's heavy and solidly built.. I have to tell them along with opening the lock please push the door a bit. And that is the case here as well. Also from this guy's other tweets it seems he's there with a a purpose... and is on it now.
Prithwitheraj is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:23   #444
Senior - BHPian

Tata is on a roll with the design of their new cars which look more plush & refined. The Kite looks superb inside & out and the engines sound interesting too. Not only does this car look refined but also has a mature grown up look. Sure the rear looks a bit like the Figo but overall this little Kite gets a huge thumbs up from me. I am very bullish about this car and I really hope it does well. Now lets wait for the pricing to see where Tata positions it.
amit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:27   #445
BHPian

The design looks pretty neat and fresh. Pricing would be crucial. Tata should undercut the competition (from Maruti's & Hyundai's stable) by a decent margin to stand a chance of making volume sales. Even Bolt and Zest seemed decent cars but the sales nos don't show promise for Tata. I think Tata needs to be aggressive and innovative in terms of their product marketing to wipe out and/or differentiate between the Yellow plate tag vehicles vs private ones. I guess only time will tell the real fate of Zica.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:29   #446
BHPian

I think we should not argue over these things even before its launch. Let the car be launched and reviewed by our trusted reviewers. Then only we will know how good or bad the quality is. But the thing is that TATA are trying to recover from their old days and that's a good thing. If Zest is anything to go by, they are heading in the right direction as well. I think we should encourage them now. They have a long long way to go. But atleast they are trying. Their efforts should be appreciated.

P.S. I'm not a TATA fan
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:32   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think we should not argue over these things even before its launch.
Exactly so - Some people seems to be waiting to find a flaw - even before validating anything - I won't say the car is good. It looks good design wise but before we get to drive it/before some ownership review comes in - it's stupid to just pass on those statements and remarks
Prithwitheraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:33   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post

Also from this guy's other tweets it seems he's there with a a purpose... and is on it now.
I concur with you. While following the Zica tweets, I observed the tweets from this particular guy, definitely looks like biased and with a defined intention ..well !

Lets wait from tweets of other reputed guys who are also participating in this Goa drive.

Finally, we should wait for our most trusted Team BHP review.

Last edited by Amazing : 2nd December 2015 at 15:35. Reason: addition of comments.
Amazing is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:43   #449
BHPian

Tata's Zest could have been a game changer, but somehow, they goofed up with the pricing/launch. At this point, Zest is coming with a discount of Rs. 84,000 in Delhi. So, Tata Motors would have realized the sweet pricing levels at which Zest would have been a success.

Indian market is price sensitive. If Tata gets their pricing right, Zica will be a game changer for them. It would be what a Kwid is to Renault.

And, we must appreciate their efforts because they seem to making some right moves lately. Hopefully, they do not end up getting overtly ambitious with notional sales figures.
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:04   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
Also See this image from the same twitter source

1. No red line on tacho - The needle turns red
2. how does one feel shudder in clutch when accelerating ?

As for your door concern - People who are new even find it hard to open the door of my zest- because it's heavy and solidly built.. I have to tell them along with opening the lock please push the door a bit. And that is the case here as well. Also from this guy's other tweets it seems he's there with a a purpose... and is on it now.
True, I am reading his tweets since morning and to me he does feel biased against Tata, if not with an agenda.

Maybe he was told he has to review Jaguar XF and is now finicky to have got a Zica instead!
teemus is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks