Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:35   #1666
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Although I won't be able to quantify on the exact quantum of benefit of these UV cut glasses but yes they are definitely beneficial. The inside cabin doesn't get very hot even when you are driving in mid afternoon and I feel AC performance is definitely better
Well, that exactly was my thought. But aren't infrared rays are responsible for this? So would the UV cut glass eliminate the infrared rays too? Are they really beneficial is the question.
Old 2nd December 2015, 22:51   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
But, I would suggest you to just try talking personally to showroom manager once - just one last attempt. Of course, the final decision would be at your discretion.
I will try to do that one more time. Today I went to their showroom and the RM said manager was not there at the moment. Would you suggest visiting them again or trying to talk to the manager over phone?
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:13   #1668
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I will try to do that one more time. Today I went to their showroom and the RM said manager was not there at the moment. Would you suggest visiting them again or trying to talk to the manager over phone?
All such meetings must be in person and not over telephone.

Go there, get down to talking with the manager and get him understand what you want. If there is no use, escalate to Maruti Suzuki. They will help you for sure.

Don't take things granted with these guys. Fight it out!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:45   #1669
BHPian

For those asking about UV Cut class - I found this - it seems it is more than a gimmick for sure www.agc-automotive.com/english/products/uv.html
Old 3rd December 2015, 00:12   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
For those asking about UV Cut class - I found this - it seems it is more than a gimmick for sure www.agc-automotive.com/english/products/uv.html
They definitely make a noticeable difference. I myself have noticed that cheaper cars like my WagonR get really hot, sometimes even my arm gets visibly sun burnt
Old 3rd December 2015, 07:21   #1671
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno could get the DDiS200 (89 hp) along with the boosterjet engine for India.

This 1.3DDiS engine is currently powers the Ciaz.

Quote:
The car maker may consider introducing the more powerful 89bhp or 200 DDiS version of the 1.3 Fiat Multijet diesel in the Baleno at a later stage,
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ne-398953.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd December 2015 at 07:25.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 09:35   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Baleno could get the DDiS200 (89 hp) along with the boosterjet engine for India.
With competitors offering cars that can be great performance oriented versions as well(GT, Figo TDCi, Jazz), Maruti must consider souping up their current lineup soon or in the least case offer one performance variant.

Else, the competition may just walk by

With a large chunk of customers slowly & surely moving towards 'Pocket Rocket' hatches, rest assured nobody would even consider Maruti when scouring around for a purchase. Baleno & Swift are good, but there are just so many options now in the market that are way better in almost every aspect, and then some.

Instead of ONLY making light, frugal cars with dumb decals called as limited editions, Maruti must consider a Swift Sport with 1.4l Kappa & 1.3l 90 HP DDIS tunes.

If not anything else, Maruti HAS TO offer the Baleno with 1.4 Kappa & 90HP DDIS tune, considering this is a 'PREMIUM' offering.

P.S - Personally, I will pick Swift (ZXI/ZDI) every single time over the dumb looking Baleno. With a bit fatter rubber & tasty rims, Swift can give any modern hatch a run for its money

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd December 2015 at 09:42.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:43   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
With competitors offering cars that can be great performance oriented versions as well(GT, Figo TDCi, Jazz), Maruti must consider souping up their current lineup soon or in the least case offer one performance variant.
I echo your views. Maruti has made a start with the S-Cross 1.6. Although crazily overpriced, it's a step in the correct direction where they seem to be telling customers that we can choose between performance (1.6) and frugality (1.3).

Just hope that this attitude spills over to the other cars as well such as Baleno, Swift, Ciaz, etc.

OT: they should change the name of Swift to Frugal! I remember my old Swift which was the 1st gen with around 90bhp - man that was literally swift. My current Dzire is not even close.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:45   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Instead of ONLY making light, frugal cars with dumb decals called as limited editions, Maruti must consider a Swift Sport with 1.4l Kappa & 1.3l 90 HP DDIS tunes.

If not anything else, Maruti HAS TO offer the Baleno with 1.4 Kappa & 90HP DDIS tune, considering this is a 'PREMIUM' offering.

:
I believe the Kappa engine is Hyundai's, are you suggesting they plonk the 1.4l petrol of the Ciaz or Ertiga or should they actually source the Kappa from Hyundai.

I heard the K-Series is better than the Kappa.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:04   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Good move, the Baleno can do with a set of powerful engines. I wish the boosterjet comes quickly. I'm more eagerly waiting for that compared to DDiS 200. I'll still say that Power-to-weight and Torque-to-Weight ratio of the Baleno diesel are comparable to segment norms.

Stupid tax laws don't allow car makers to give nice big petrol motors to their hatchbacks. Imagine a nice 1.5 i-VTEC Jazz

One thing Maruti doesn't seem to understand is that higher segments aren't sensitive to fuel economy figures like the lower segment.

While it's okay to have fuel efficient engines, it's also important that they have powerful ones especially when the Ciaz is facing stiff competition. Honda city i-VTEC, Vento (TSI and TDI), Linea T-jet, Hyundai Verna CRDI etc are the main powerful competitors. Same with respect to the S-Cross petrol. I feel it's a missed opportunity.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:20   #1676
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has booked the Baleno Alpha Petrol.
He paid the initial booking amount of Rs. 11,000.00 on the 25th. of October.
Although he was dealing with SK Wheels in Andheri (West) the sales guy who came to the house came from Nexa (SK Wheels) in Turbhe. My friend never noticed this till much later.
The car was promised to him in the first week of November.
This was then pushed back to Diwali.
Once Diwali had come and gone he started getting impatient and then the RM asks him to give a 2nd and 3rd colour option as the "Ray Blue" was the highest selling colour and not available.
He did so and was told end November without fail.
On the 28th. of November he handed in his old car - a Dzire - to SK Wheels in Andheri (West). He was now without a car on the promise of the car being delivered on the 30th.
The full loan amount has also been paid.
When the RM did not turn up on the 29th. for the RTO stuff he went all the way to Turbhe himself and asked to meet the manager.
The manager was not available and he was fobbed off by some other minion.
The final date was the 5th. of December which just an hour ago has been changed to the 7th. or 8th. as the RTO is closed on Saturday.
He is beside himself and absolutely furious with this whole NEXA nonsense. In fact he has given up on getting the car even on the 7th. and has told the RM the same thing. The whole "I'm getting a new car" experience has been lost to him. To make matters worse, he now has to borrow a car from a relation till the Baleno finally appears.
I told him to cancel his booking but I guess it's too late for that now.
So, finally never mind not getting the car as promised, he is not even getting the colour he wants.
His RM agrees that he is at fault and covers it up by saying that these are "teething problems".

Does anyone have any ideas about what we could do to get delivery of this car??

P.S. : On another note : I walked into the NEXA dealer at Link Road, Andheri (West) about three or four days ago. I checked out the Baleno. I sat in both the front seats and the rear seat. I opened the boot and bonnet. I went across to the S Cross and checked that out as well - comparing boot space etc. etc. I was in the showroom for about 20 minutes. Not a single sales rep even approached me. This would never have happened in a normal MS showroom.
Sad that the "premium" experience has become a "premium" nightmare.

Regards,
SS
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:05   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

I believe the Kappa engine is Hyundai's, are you suggesting they plonk the 1.4l petrol of the Ciaz or Ertiga or should they actually source the Kappa from Hyundai.
Ah you got me there Venkat and its my bad I posted Kappa from Maruti!!

You are right and I actually meant the 1.4l K-series engine from Maruti and not the 'K'appa!!
Old 3rd December 2015, 17:39   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Although he was dealing with SK Wheels in Andheri (West) the sales guy who came to the house came from Nexa (SK Wheels) in Turbhe. My friend never noticed this till much later.
Question: If you live in and around that area, you are sure to know of the NEXA dealer less than 500 meters from SK Wheels. In fact you have mentioned that you yourself went there for the Baleno. Why would your friend go to SK in this situation and continue the booking process etc? I believe that was a mistake. Keep in mind that SK Andheri and NEXA Andheri West have different owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
P.S. : On another note : I walked into the NEXA dealer at Link Road, Andheri (West) about three or four days ago. I was in the showroom for about 20 minutes. Not a single sales rep even approached me. This would never have happened in a normal MS showroom.
Sad that the "premium" experience has become a "premium" nightmare.
Please refer to my post on the same showroom in the NEXA thread: (LINK). It was a pathetic experience and am glad to know I didn't experience a one-off incident.

NEXA / Maruti: Are you listening!

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 3rd December 2015 at 17:43. Reason: Link added
Old 3rd December 2015, 19:05   #1679
BANNED

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...nters/50028667

Baleno with 9000+ sales in nov 2015, goes into top 10, causing much damage to swift and i20.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:11   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Baleno with 9000+ sales in nov 2015, goes into top 10, causing much damage to swift and i20.
There are two things to this.
1. Baleno becomes the leader in the premium hatch segment
2. Maruti Suzuki occupies 6 slots in the top ten
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks