Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2017, 13:28   #2431
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Any idea about the activity key? There has been no mention of the same in the brochures either and neither do the dealers have any information. What's up with that?

Also @Mods : Any idea by when will the review go live? Have been waiting desperately for it!
Old 22nd September 2017, 13:44   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Is the dual tone variant priced more than the single tone one?
Personally I prefer the single tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Yes.. Its another variant and priced higher than xz+ with difference of 20k or 30k.
I think it is just 15K over single tone variant.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 13:49   #2433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Completely not worth the dough. The white ceramic strips are just about enough to get the glam going. The dual tone spills over into the flash territory, IMO.
Yeah well...Mass dynamics work really interestingly. Have you seen the yellow (or whatever colour it is. I can't put a shade name on it!) - white dual tone Brezza? Do you find it glam/good looking? Its the 3rd most seen colour after the Red and black in the areas where I drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I think it is just 15K over single tone variant.
And maybe a few hundreds more resulting due to the % additions in insurance, RTO etc. in the OTR.
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:03   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Is the dual tone variant priced more than the single tone one?
Personally I prefer the single tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Yes.. Its another variant and priced higher than xz+ with difference of 20k or 30k.
Dual tone is priced 15k more than the Single tone XZ+.

Edit: Missed to see Latheesh's post above before replying. Mods, feel free to delete this post.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 22nd September 2017 at 14:04. Reason: Missed to see Latheesh's post
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:07   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The way Hexa is styled, only one thing comes to my mind whenever I see one and that is TOYOTA INNOVA (which is of course an Automotive Legend in India).
It doesn't take long for legends to disappear. We saw Bajaj Chetak, Maruti 800 and Hero Honda CD100 disappear. It's only matter of time. And Toyota's greed to increase prices every quarter or so will hasten the process. The only reason it's been around is because of our herd mentality, especially the conservative taxi crowd. It's the biggest taxi car there is today. Coming to Nexon, the car is priced so reasonably. Pity if it still doesn't work for Tata Motors.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:14   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
It doesn't take long for legends to disappear. We saw Bajaj Chetak, Maruti 800 and Hero Honda CD100 disappear.

It took the market to shift to 4 Stroke Motorcycles for the Chetak to dissappear.

Hero Honda replaced the CD 100 with the Splendor (a legend)
Maruti replaced the 800 with the Alto (a legend)

Quote:
The only reason it's (INNOVA) been around is because of our herd mentality, especially the conservative taxi crowd. It's the biggest taxi car there is today.
Actually of late I have seen more number of Innova Crysta's with a Personal Number Plate than with Yellow / Black number plates in the NCR region. Personally having rented and driven one for a day long outstation trip, I can understand why the consumers go for it blindfolded. It's Good.

Quote:
Coming to Nexon, the car is priced so reasonably. Pity if it still doesn't work for Tata Motors.
In all probability, the Nexon would succeed. Apart from being a good vehicle, what makes me optimistic is that unlike the Hexa that reminds of the Innova, the Nexon won't remind a common customer of another legend (competitor).. the Nexon would stand out with its own identity in the crowd.

Last edited by payeng : 22nd September 2017 at 14:35.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:23   #2437
BHPian

Hi folks, finally I got myself behind the wheels of Nexon XZ+ Diesel this morning, after waiting for this day for more than 1.5 years now.

I really do not want to speak much about everything else except the engine and drivability, that i feel is less spoken here. As everyone here knows, the features, ergonomics, quality : inside - out, pricing and most of the other things are already done and dusted in this forum.

Coming to the engine and driveablity, again, as everyone knows, the specs are available. I wanted to share how, as an auto enthusiast, it was to drive the Nexon Diesel.

I felt the engine was good enough, all three modes did its duty very well and ofcourse, Sports and City mode will be my anytime pic. Engine output was really great to my expectation and it was an excellent blend of the output of Brezza and Ecosport. Nice lowend torque post 1.4k rpm and wonderful clean pull post ~1.8k rpm. Gear shift was good enough, slotting well but the throw was just a little bit more when compared to Brezza. Clutch and steering were pretty light enough.

Worth mentioning : I was the first customer to test drive Nexon in Concorde Motors, Guindy - Chennai and the it was fresh out of a pooja and a small drive by their GM. Had a nice 15 km drive around Velachery and OMR. I used this opportunity to test the drive - left right and centre. Open stretch, inch - inch traffic, moving traffic, etc.

Solid build and its hefty weight was obviously felt during the drive. Suspension was really nice, swollowing anything on the road without any noise. It really gives an impression of driving a big car and ofcourse it is really big in reality compared with it on pictures.

If I am given 2 wishes for Nexon, it would be just be the Cruise Control and AMT at launch. I was already done with the decision of going with top end Nexon AMT Diesel.

Now that we know that it will be out in ~4 or 5 months, the sad part is that, it will be on XZA and lower varient. XZ+ may get it at even more later time or may not even, no idea on that.

So finally made up my mind to go with XZ+ MT Diesel. Will be booking it shortly. Just waiting to see the Glasgow Grey (Dark Ash colour) and decide between that and Moroccan Blue Dual Tone.

Smart wearable key: Yes, the SA informed that it will be given for XZ+ varients

(And, I had to teach them that on XZ+, the ORVM is electonicaly foldable and how to do it )
satish_tns is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:32   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Smart wearable key: Yes, the SA informed that it will be given for XZ+ varients

(And, I had to teach them that on XZ+, the ORVM is electonicaly foldable and how to do it )
Happy to know about the activity key! But the clueless nature of the general staff about this thing is strange.

Even I had to teach the sales adviser when I went for the second test drive. He had no clue how to do it and kept pushing it upwards
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:06   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Happy to know about the activity key!
To my knowledge , the local friendly dealer informed that the activity key will be a Rs. 5-6k optional accessory, price-lists have not been shared with them yet.

Can be had with the XZ+ variant only, as it is the only one getting push button start.
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:19   #2440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
To my knowledge , the local friendly dealer informed that the activity key will be a Rs. 5-6k optional accessory, price-lists have not been shared with them yet.

Can be had with the XZ+ variant only, as it is the only one getting push button start.
That will be kind of silly. Another thing that hardly anyone will buy at that price I feel. Better if they include it together with the car's standard key-fob/key set.

They'll have to program it at the accessory level to match with the car's RF receiver with whatever applicable encryption in that case. God help in case of issues in future with it.
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:34   #2441
BHPian

Now it is time for official TBHP Review for Nexon. I have been waiting patiently for this.
sushantr5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 17:55   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
XM gets following over XE for Rs 65K (P) and 55K (D) - Good value especially the diesel.
- Center Antenna
- Dual tone wheel covers
- ConnectNext infotainment system with 4 speakers, AM/FM, USB, Aux-in, iPod, smart phone integration with Connectnext app
- Rear parking sensors
A Classic example of Decoy Pricing strategy used by TaMo. On one hand, you have XM which has all the regular features for a mid variant and then you have top of the line XZ+ with bells and whistles but also far more expensive (~ +2L on XM).

The sole purpose of XT variant is to make XZ+ look VFM. It is merely there the perception of expensive pricing by breaking up a difference of ~2L into two bands of 1.15L and 0.75L. Further, looking at the lack of worthwhile features in XT, prospective customer is likely to upgrade to XZ+. However this could backfire for TaMo as they have left a gap of almost 2L for competitors to prance upon.

IMHO, XT makes no sense and XZ+ is marginally too expensive when compared to other variants. They should have provided following features on XT to make this pricing worthwhile:
  • Fog Lamps (Front + Rear)
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Front armrest with sliding tambour door
  • Rear seat armrest with cup holders
  • Rear 40:60 split folding seat
  • Driver seat high adjustment and adjustable seat belts

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd September 2017 at 18:03. Reason: Trimming entire quoted post in the best interests of readability.
akhilesh51 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:06   #2443
Team-BHP Support

AutoPortal compares the Nexon with the Brezza.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:22   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, If i had to buy one, I would buy the base variant XE , and get the dealer to install front fogs + folding power mirrors. All the goodies i want - ABS etc, drive modes, are all available in the base variant, and the bells and whistles other than the projector headlights hold no interest for me - 2L would give me the budget for a hell of a killer ICE ( which I can roll on my own, thank you very much) and I am not a fan of keyless entry (heck, I still lock my car manually!)
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:31   #2445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Honestly, If i had to buy one, I would buy the base variant XE , and get the dealer to install front fogs + folding power mirrors. All the goodies i want - ABS etc, drive modes, are all available in the base variant, and the bells and whistles other than the projector headlights hold no interest for me - 2L would give me the budget for a hell of a killer ICE ( which I can roll on my own, thank you very much) and I am not a fan of keyless entry (heck, I still lock my car manually!)
Spoken like a true blue Tata man & I agree!
However, thanks to the dash & console design, finding & installing a good ICE will be quite a task.

All said, the 2L extra does give you things that are very useful.
The projectors themselves are a pretty costly affair still. Seat height adjust, rear wash/wipe/defog, steering mounted controls, power windows, electric mirrors are worth the money IMO. All that together does justify the premium. And you get alloys too. They themselves will cost 30k etc. Of course I understand we don't need them at all. But the other things are quite useful.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks