Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 15:38   #331
BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
That is quite an understatement. This is what the report says:
Doesn't that scare you?....
Not scared really. The crash tests all look horrific. GNCAP is an organization of great repute worldwide but approached the Indian market with an agenda of scaremongering to further the goals of EU vis a vis India-EU FTA. They played their cards well but GOI had no intention of letting in a private party with vested political interests into India. So, we have BSNVAP.
Let's trust those results.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th April 2017 at 09:34. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 10:51   #332
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few points I am considering to go for this kind of Swift over I20.

1. Driveability compared to I20, which is already good on existing Swift.
2. Enough boot space, which is not at all great on existing Swift.
3. Similar specifications even at current Lxi level car. Honestly I do not like the stereos provided by Maruti and currently Lxi version is the only one where you can install your favorite one. Rest everything is OK for me.
4. Lookwise this Swift is also good. But the rear door handle on Window side may not be a very cool feature for me. The quality of front seats also should not be compromised since current Swift has the best front seats in this segment.
5. Assuming same engine and lesser weight, Petrol should give 22KMPL compared to 20.4KMPL of current Swift , a major win if they can do it.

I hope Maruti keeps all other features same except for Boot space in this new Swift. In that case I will jump for it without a second thought for I20.

Now coming to price, this will be great if Maruti keeps it in same range of existing Swift. They should not do something like Ignis I feel.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 11th March 2017 at 11:10.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 16:40   #333
BHPian

Just came to know thankfully that the Swift twins would not be heading to NEXA. So, prices should be non-astronomic.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 21:07   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

SWIFT launch at the Geneva International.

Old 12th March 2017, 23:58   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
SWIFT launch at the Geneva International.

The blue Swift looks gorgeous!!!
Hope MS plonks upgraded engines than the existing set for Indian market.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th March 2017 at 11:30. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
Old 13th March 2017, 10:42   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suzuki chief engineer Masao Kobori told Autocar UK that chassis development on the Swift has been done extensively on UK roads as well as in Spain and Germany, and that the Ford Fiesta had been Suzuki’s key benchmark for the Swift’s handling.

“We believe we have matched the Fiesta’s handling, but the Swift does not have the same handling feel as the Ford because it is a much lighter car,” Kobori said. “We have expended every possible effort, in every area, to save weight, which also sharpens the car’s handling, and we have wider axle tracks, a lower driver’s hip point and a lower centre of gravity.”
Sounds good.

Source
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 18:00   #337
BHPian

Saw the 2017 Swift at the Geneva Auto Show yesterday in flesh, and my god, I felt so underwhelmed. The front looked okayish to me and the back looked terrible. It looked like a bloated A-star! My friends who were with me were also echoing the same thoughts. The interior however, looked good and holding the steering felt fantastic.

Full Disclaimer: I own the first gen swift and still dig its looks

Some pictures

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0148.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0149.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0151.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0152.jpg

Last edited by vaibzi : 14th March 2017 at 18:02.
vaibzi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 18:22   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Saw the 2017 Swift at the Geneva Auto Show yesterday in flesh, and my god, I felt so underwhelmed. The front looked okayish to me and the back looked terrible. It looked like a bloated A-star! My friends who were with me were also echoing the same thoughts. The interior however, looked good and holding the steering felt fantastic.
Regarding current swift, the rear seats are cramped, no good leg room, virtually impossible in comfort for 3 people on rear seat and hopeless boot space. Did you get a chance to evaluate these few features in new swift?
Regards

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th April 2017 at 09:35. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 14th March 2017, 18:25   #339
BANNED

Anyone, for a bonnet scoop and sunroof for the new Swift?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0148_s.jpg  

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-dsc_0148_1_s.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th March 2017 at 18:26.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 18:54   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Regarding current swift, the rear seats are cramped, no good leg room, virtually impossible in comfort for 3 people on rear seat and hopeless boot space. Did you get a chance to evaluate these few features in new swift?
Regards
I would say there is a marginal improvement in the leg room area (I'm 5'11") but couldn't check with 3 people seated at the back.
Boot-space is also slightly bigger in the EU spec swift showcased, at 265 litres.

Found some pics clicked with my phone, pardon the quality.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20170313_140802.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20170313_1408082.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-img_20170313_140903.jpg
vaibzi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 07:52   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Swift European Version - review by Auto Express,

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-swift_frontdynamicstrongcolourminorhistoric.jpg

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-capture.jpg

The entry-level unit is the 1.2 Dualjet four-cylinder with 89bhp and 120Nm of torque. It manages 0-62mph in 11.9 seconds, while returning official combined fuel economy of 65.7mpg and 98g/km of CO2.

The other engine is Suzuki’s 1.0-litre three-cylinder, direct-injection Boosterjet turbo. It produces 110bhp and 170Nm of torque between 2,000rpm and 3,500rpm - enough to take the Swift from 0-62mph in a more spritely 10.6 seconds. It’s not quite as efficient, though, with combined economy of 61.4mpg and CO2 emissions of 104g/km.

Quote:
Testing a 1.0 Boosterjet hybrid, in a foreign trim level very close to what the UK will call SZ5. You’ll notice the engine’s characterful three-cylinder burble as you pull away, but it’s smooth enough and the turbocharger means there’s usable torque from below 2,000rpm – so it’s not as if you have to work it very hard. Its best work is pretty much done by 4,000rpm, in fact.

Once it’s up to speed, the Boosterjet thrum drifts into the background; at 80mph you’ll be pulling 3,000rpm, but you’re unlikely to hear the engine at all. This is as much down to considerable wind noise from around the A-pillar and side mirrors as it is the engine’s fine manners. There’s quite a noticeable whoosh at anything approaching motorway speeds
Quote:
The rest of the basics are sound enough; the control weights, including the steering, are nicely weighted and consistent, and the five-speed manual gearbox has a pleasingly short throw and is happy enough to shift quickly.

The chassis set-up is equally deft, so the Swift feels nimble enough; its nose tucks in nicely when you point it at a corner, and it stays admirably flat through long, sweeping bends. The trade-off to this, though, is that the suspension configuration - MacPherson struts up front and a beam at the back - is caught out a little too frequently on broken surfaces.
Link

First Drive Video review,

AutoBild - Germans review the Swift, 1.0L boosterjet,
Quote:
For the first time, there is the Swift in the top engine with turbo and three cylinders. Fans must be swallowed, but do not worry: it's really fun! From 2000 rpm the single-liter engine develops its maximum torque of 170 Newtonmeters, drives the dwarf with elan - in 10.6 seconds from 0 to 100 km / h, peak: 195 km / h. In the case of the version with Mild-Hybrid (optional), a starter generator is used which helps to save fuel as a small electric motor during start-up and acceleration . 4.3-liter consumption promises Suzuki , 4 liters.
Quote:
Below the 2000 tours it is a bit tough, because you should switch down a gear - especially when it goes uphill. This works very pleasantly, the shift lever loosely loosely through the five gears
Quote:
Steering and suspension are Swift-typical sporty, but without the comfort of it underlies: Although it bobbing at nasty holes, but you never feel shaken. And how quiet the engine runs - even without compensation shaft! At 110 km / h, the rolling noise is louder than the drive, while the three-cylinder is barely audible.
Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st March 2017 at 08:20.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 08:20   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar put out its review of the 2017 Swift.

Link
Old 24th March 2017, 19:24   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Swift SZ5 1.0 Boosterjet (2017) review!

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswift_05.jpg

Quote:
Verdict

Suzuki deserves to do well with the new Swift. In terms of class performance, it’s there or thereabouts. Positives are that it’s fun to drive, handles well, and it should be well equipped for the money. Reliability is also a given
Link
Old 24th March 2017, 21:04   #344
BHPian

Top Gear UK Review of the Swift

Engine
Quote:
It’s a really perky little operator, the 1.0 SHVS, and while there’s the pleasing aural thrum to the way the triple goes about its business of sweetly piling on the revs, there are also no vibrations or shudders to report back as you get quicker.
Steering
Quote:
The steering lacks for feel and the rack is controlled by a wheel that has a strangely thin rim, but there’s a distinct lack of understeer, well-managed body roll and a real eagerness to flick-flack through direction changes.
Ride and Interior Noise
Quote:
The ride is comfortable, and there’s little to report in terms of wind, engine or tyre noise when you’re on a steady-state cruise.
Interior Finish
Quote:
Swift seems to take after the Baleno School of Dashboard Finishing, rather than graduating from the same academy as the Suzuki Ignis.

So it’s not exactly breathtaking inside, but it is all well laid-out and intuitive, and there’s plenty of space on board for four adults
Verdict
Quote:
we’re thoroughly impressed with what we’ve seen of the fourth-generation Suzuki Swift so far. It’s neatly styled and really intelligently packaged, what with its weight loss programme and small dimensions teaming up with improved cabin space, while the fabulous 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine with the mild hybrid assistance leads to a Swift that admirably lives up to its name. You don’t have to work this Japanese hatchback hard to get it to build up a good head of steam and, once the corners start coming thick and fast, it’ll hang onto as much of its pace as possible, thanks to a limber chassis with an excellent set-up.
Quote:
1.0 SHVS... is a fantastic little car from a company that’s becoming fast known for such things.
Link
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 18:31   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift Sport - the true Rs is speculated to be shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2017. Likely to feature the the 1.4L boosterjet engine.
Will come in 6 speed Manual and AT.

Modifications to the front grill, Alloy wheels and skirting will differentiate when compared to the regular Swift.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-scoop1036.jpg

Quote:
The most important point of Swift Sports is that a booster jet is appointed for the power train. For the current Swift, 1L straight 3 booster jet is already installed in RSt grade, but Swift Sports is given 1.4L booster jet which will go on above.
The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-scoop1038.jpg

Quote:
With a 1.6 LNA engine ratio installed in the Swift Sports of the past, we can demonstrate maximum power + 4 ps / maximum torque + 5.1 kg - m and if combined with 6 speed MT you will be able to enjoy light and hot running. For users who prefer Easy Drive, 6 speed AT is also set.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st March 2017 at 18:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks