Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2018, 13:32   #421
BHPian

Re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

Day 4 since the embargo was lifted and still no sign of Autocar, Overdrive, Powerdrift, Autoportal etc. video reviews yet! I've seen the available reviews multiple times and want to see more.

@Viddy, can we get a first impression report at least before the full blown review is up? (I trust only TBhp writeups, that's why )

Last edited by Porschefire : 30th October 2018 at 13:36.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 15:14   #422
BANNED

Was excited to get a callback from a SA at Concorde motors, but i was disappointed when he told me i could book the car as they have just received the Ex showroom price of the JTP cars.
I asked him to tell me something that isn't already on the website

But still no sign of TD or display cars
Old 30th October 2018, 15:31   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
But still no sign of TD or display cars
I think it was mentioned that TD cars would be available at showrooms only around the 15th of November. Either in the launch video or one of the reviewers mentioned the same.
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 16:06   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Day 4 since the embargo was lifted and still no sign of Autocar, Overdrive, Powerdrift, Autoportal etc. video reviews yet! I've seen the available reviews multiple times and want to see more.

@Viddy, can we get a first impression report at least before the full blown review is up? (I trust only TBhp writeups, that's why )
He has already posted a first impression a few posts back as below

Quote:
While there are many comparisons on how the JTP versions priced, the most important is the Swift ZXI vs JTP Tiago.

The JTP Tiago is 10K lesser than the Swift ZXI not even the top spec spec ZXI+.

If I had the option to spend ~7.5L on a car, I would eyes closed go and buy the JTP Tiago.

Heck even if my budget was 10L, I would get the JTP Tiago.

While you guys will have to wait for our official review to know how it really drives in details, all I can tell you is that I have never had so much fun driving a hatchback since the Figo S last year and this was even more enjoyable being a petrol.

Moderator Samurai was with me and he is a sedate driver in the ghats but behind the wheel of the JTP cars climbing up to Ooty and back from Coimbatore he had a huge grin plastered across his face and was going all out through the curves.

Last edited by SnS_12 : 30th October 2018 at 16:09.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 16:22   #425
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I think it was mentioned that TD cars would be available at showrooms only around the 15th of November. Either in the launch video or one of the reviewers mentioned the same.
Actually i was the one that wrote 15th Nov since that is what the SA told me. Haven't seen any official confirmation regarding the same. Best to wait and watch.

Another thing on my mind: there is a big chance that JTP cars could bomb and not sell much and they could be stuck with more stocks than expected. I would not be a happy early adopter if the car is sold at 40-50k discounts within months. (This is genuinely possible given that we are at the end of the calendar year )
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 17:05   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
He has already posted a first impression a few posts back as below
Thanks. I've read it.
I was requesting for a little more than that, hence I mentioned it as 'first impression report'. The official review could take a while going by Tbhp standards (not meaning this in a negative way).
Old 30th October 2018, 17:08   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Another thing on my mind: there is a big chance that JTP cars could bomb and not sell much and they could be stuck with more stocks than expected.
Depends on what number of monthly sales do public and Tata Motors consider as hit or flop. With only 30 dealers selected for promoting JTP sales, my guess is that Tata is not expecting more than 300-500 cars to be sold per month (at around 10-15 cars per month per dealer). It will actually be better that Tata remains conservative about the product.

Tiago is a mass market, entry-level car which will be first car for many. In such case, if JTP starts selling everywhere, it may lead to confusion among common people who may start associating Tiago with less mileage, harsh suspension, jerky power delivery and all.

In that case, it is better to restrict JTP brand to big cities in a controlled way. Once JTP becomes differentiated enough, then probably the brand can be expanded in reach.
ksameer1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 17:36   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another thing on my mind: there is a big chance that JTP cars could bomb and not sell much and they could be stuck with more stocks than expected. I would not be a happy early adopter if the car is sold at 40-50k discounts within months. (This is genuinely possible given that we are at the end of the calendar year )
If you genuinely love the way the JTP rides, I'm not sure what will upset you more. That the car bombed or that you paid 50k more? If you're looking at an ownership of 4-5 years, how much would it translate to? Both in terms of money and the smiles that you have had in the pleasure of owning and driving one.

Don't write off something that you haven't even laid eyes on, forget a test drive. It does no good. The reviews are positive and there is enthusiasm over a genuine effort, not a sticker job.
discoverwild is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 19:29   #429
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
If you genuinely love the way the JTP rides, I'm not sure what will upset you more. That the car bombed or that you paid 50k more? If you're looking at an ownership of 4-5 years, how much would it translate to? Both in terms of money and the smiles that you have had in the pleasure of owning and driving one.

Don't write off something that you haven't even laid eyes on, forget a test drive. It does no good. The reviews are positive and there is enthusiasm over a genuine effort, not a sticker job.
I agree with the sentiment you mention but i actually have a lot of work/ study till the end of the year and won't mind actually waiting till the end to get hands on my copy.

Since they have limited the dealers and even the colours available, i believe it is to better control inventory and avert a situation similar to what i mentioned. But if that does happen, i see no reason not to wait out till the discounts start raining. Tata is here to do business and they will obviously want to hit their sales targets with their discounts. And yes it would matter to me if there is a good discount on top of the decent price.

Anyways, this is all speculation from what the general public's outlook would be towards the cars. I am eagerly awaiting test drive and would love it if all enthusiasts lap it up making it a popular model. We would all like to see more JTP cars obviously
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 19:47   #430
Senior - BHPian

As per Carwale this is the planned future strategy for the brand JTP

Quote:
And, according to Tata Motors, if this - and its hatchback sibling, the Tiago JTP - manage to garner even five per cent of the volume of the regular versions, JTP will be slapped on other Tata cars as well. Possibly even the likes of the Nexon and the upcoming Tata Harrier.
https://www.carwale.com/m/tata-cars/...-drive-review/

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2018 at 17:37. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
SnS_12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 20:14   #431
Senior - BHPian

Autoportal review - Don't bother watching if you do not have time. It is not worth your time and don't thank me either!

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 21:04   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually i was the one that wrote 15th Nov since that is what the SA told me. Haven't seen any official confirmation regarding the same. Best to wait and watch.

The Tiago JTP is not a stand-alone car. Its a variant of the Tiago, which is fairly successful. So when you decide to sell it, think of it as a top end variant of the Tiago in which you would take a slightly higher resale hit than a normal Tiago, and that is the case with all top variants in any car. And it is expected, right? You buy the JTP and have all the fun you want. And then when you sell you would lose a bit more than a regular Suzuki. As long as you were happy and had fun during the ownership, a little bit hit on resale is ok. If you were buying a souped up variant of a dud like a Renault Pulse or Scala or something like that, then its possible you would have a hard time selling it. Coz the car was dead the moment they launched it. Not the Tiago.
motorworks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 06:28   #433
Senior - BHPian

Review by WION
Old 31st October 2018, 06:30   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since they have limited the dealers and even the colours available, i believe it is to better control inventory and avert a situation similar to what i mentioned. But if that does happen, i see no reason not to wait out till the discounts start raining. Tata is here to do business and they will obviously want to hit their sales targets with their discounts. And yes it would matter to me if there is a good discount on top of the decent price.
Two colours restrict the amount of inventory they have to carry for a niche product. Makes pure business sense. Curtailing dealers limits logistics as well as the number of display cars to be made. I noticed that all the review cars were from their production line at Sanand, Gujarat. So actual numbers are being made as we speak.

These are introductory prices and I expect to see a hike based on how they move from the shelves. So pretty much doubt if you would see any early discounts. Sales target might be as low as 500-1000 card in total per month. That's about 5-10% of their current twins.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 08:42   #435
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The Tiago JTP is not a stand-alone car. Its a variant of the Tiago, which is fairly successful. So when you decide to sell it, think of it as a top end variant of the Tiago in which you would take a slightly higher resale hit than a normal Tiago, and that is the case with all top variants in any car. And it is expected, right? You buy the JTP and have all the fun you want. And then when you sell you would lose a bit more than a regular Suzuki. As long as you were happy and had fun during the ownership, a little bit hit on resale is ok. If you were buying a souped up variant of a dud like a Renault Pulse or Scala or something like that, then its possible you would have a hard time selling it. Coz the car was dead the moment they launched it. Not the Tiago.
I don't know which of my comments prompted this, but i was actually not even thinking about the resale value when talking about the JTP and any possible discounts on it. Obviously the resale won't be anything great but that's not something to be thought about in a car like this it is rated in smiles per gallon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks