Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2018, 23:39   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Something that may be of no practical implication to most, but still a turn off for some enthusiasts; Top speed is limited to 160 Kmph

Source: https://indianautosblog.com/2018/10/...p-price-315040
What why? is this confirmed news about the top speed being capped?
Old 28th October 2018, 23:41   #392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Yes pretty much all the reviews till now have quoted the same limit.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 23:59   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Good effort. But, I like the originals from TATA-JTP.
Probably, I would love to see a Black coloured JTPs.
Thanks Prem.
just wanted to move-away from stock Tiago looks.

& here's one for ya..

source pic: motoringworld.in
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-2-3k.jpg  

The Tata Tigor JTP & Tiago JTP. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.39 - 7.49 lakhs-2-3.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 00:36   #394
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it's capped like in (Brio/Amaze) but maybe it's tuned in a way that it maxes out at 160 km/hr?
Also my Punto Evo sports officially has a top speed of 165 km/hr but if you just consider the speed showed by speedo it does go beyond that.
So this 160 km/hr might be the true top speed (excluding speedo error)and not the speedo top speed.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 05:51   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, top speed is capped at 160 kmph. Performance is more about ride, handling and how quick it is than just outright top speed. 160 on Indian roads is actually insane. In the end, the Tiago and the Tigor are still small cars and 160 more than suffices.

For speed freaks, there are ways around this. But for most, it should do the job of plastering a huge wide grin really well.
discoverwild is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 06:25   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Thanks Prem.

& here's one for ya..

Black is a beauty! Is this really a Tiago/Tigor? Its menacing from this angle!
May be, a contrasting red ORVM might add more spice to it.

I wonder if TML is thinking about Black after looking at this photoshop work

Prem.
Old 29th October 2018, 06:59   #397
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Good news is, tyre upgrade is an easy mod. I am not sure if the Tiago really needs 16 inches, but I would have liked 195 section too, but anything more would kill the idea of budget car. And then people might also be complaining about high maintenance cost, like with the 19 inch wheels of the Hexa.
Could you clarify the co-relation of 19 inch wheels with high maintenance cost?
Personally I like what I see of these Tiago/ Tigor Brothers. But I have also a marked preference for hatches more than these cubbyhole sedans that everyone seems to be churning out by the zillion for the India market.
The point is that the 1.2 Turbocharged Petrol will add a good amount of juice to the overall power and handling and “feel” and I would have just liked a fatter tyre and one size bigger wheel combo all around, to do a bit of fast-ish cornering and yet feel planted.
Budget car yes. But this one I think might just hit the sweet spot.
Indeed I do hope it does - Tata’s efforts deserve that much for sure, after all these years of trial and error.

While the reviews are great, I shall ask my Father to evaluate these. As a possible change from the Hyundai I20 which is a 5 year old, 23000km run, immensely practical and sedate city car, but which is really underpowered while driving on highways, with a serious gutlessness that appears in 3rd gear.

And Oh! Yes, I would like to see a “Blood Red” or Crimson and Electric Blue and Dark Green pair of Tiago/Tigor Twins!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th October 2018 at 07:00.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 07:38   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Could you clarify the co-relation of 19 inch wheels with high maintenance cost?
When Hexa was announced with 19" rims and low profile tyres, a lot of people were posting about the cost of those tyres and how the replacement tyres are going to cost a fortune and that Tata was insane to expect people spend close to a lakh on a set of tyres for their cars.

The price difference between a 185/60/R15 and 205/16/R16 may not be that high, but could still be considerable for someone shopping for a car of that class. Hence, Leavitt that to people might be a better option for the manufacturer
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 07:44   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Thanks Prem.

& here's one for ya..

Black looks good. Please tata give a silver or black by december please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Black is a beauty! Is this really a Tiago/Tigor? Its menacing from this angle!

Prem.
Its a tiago, look at the antenna.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:26   #400
BHPian

Few posts following the unveil paint the sad picture on the dwindling numbers of genuine car enthusiasts. Wondering how any manufacturer can survive if people ask "Kitna Deta Hei" in this segment as well.

TATA is doing a major blunder by not training the dealers/customer care executives who Don't sell JTP twins. Given that they have more than 500 showrooms and only 30 odd are currently green lit to sell the JTP twins, they need to immediately train others on how to reply when queries come up for them. I am sure most of the telephone operators would not have even heard of JTP till now. They might be a big source of embarrassment for TATA.
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:39   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I don't think it's capped like in (Brio/Amaze) but maybe it's tuned in a way that it maxes out at 160 km/hr?
Also my Punto Evo sports officially has a top speed of 165 km/hr but if you just consider the speed showed by speedo it does go beyond that.
So this 160 km/hr might be the true top speed (excluding speedo error)and not the speedo top speed.
It must be capped like they have done for new generation Stormes. My Storme does not go beyond 160 at all.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:56   #402
BHPian

I am totally in for this top speed cap. Even 120kmph would be illegal on all the public roads in India, but if this cap was for 120, I would understand the point and reasoning for an argument. 160kmph honestly is just too much for a car of this size. Yes, it is a performance version, so it will go like one and the steering, the suspension all is tuned to support the performance claim. Being a performance car doesn't mean doing more than 160kmph in all senses guys.
Till now, I haven't heard of any loose end in this brilliant sounding offering apart from this top speed being capped and a gentleman asking for AMT and CNG in a a performance car which is hilarious. All the review videos I have watched are full of praises for the cars. There was a time when Maruti offered FTD cars like Zen, Esteem, Baleno. I don't know what they got by taking life out of the steering of the latest gen Swift. It just feels wrong in a "Swift". Would it sell any lesser if they had put a responsive steering like the first gen Swift? Such a pity.
I am sure the JTP twins will do exceedingly well. I hope Tata is forced to make them available across many more showrooms due to demand
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 13:02   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
It must be capped like they have done for new generation Stormes. My Storme does not go beyond 160 at all.
Appears to be a self imposed speed restriction built in electronically something similar to the German car companies who have set 155 mph as the top speed for cars they manufacture.

If that is the case then we have a good start.

Nikhil
Old 29th October 2018, 13:09   #404
BHPian

Hearing all the positive reviews so far, I feel proud that an Indian manufacturer has given the enthusiasts a good car that is within reach for most people. Tata is not trying to be Maruti. They are trying to be as different from Maruti as Possible and that's the right approach in my opinion. As the Indian market matures, people will start appreciating things like safety, performance and build quality and Tata is doing all the right things in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Few posts following the unveil paint the sad picture on the dwindling numbers of genuine car enthusiasts. Wondering how any manufacturer can survive if people ask "Kitna Deta Hei" in this segment as well.
It's a genuine curiosity and there is no harm in asking about the fuel efficiency. The segment to which the JTP twins cater is price sensitive and people care about fuel efficiency. It's just that if people find 13-14 kmpl acceptable for regular cars in this segment, they might find 10-12 kmpl acceptable for the JTP twins. But each and every person who is interested in buying these cars will definitely want to know about their fuel efficiency.It does not make us any less enthusiasts
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 13:16   #405
BHPian

The top speed is less(?) because the gearing is shorter to give better acceleration. Once the user manual is available, you will be able to compare its ratios with regular Tiago.

Last edited by akshay380 : 29th October 2018 at 13:19.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks