Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 21:58   #901
BHPian

re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Made my decision to stick to GTX+, I always loved driving a manual but would have loved an automatic gearbox. We anyways live in a third world country. ��
Old 15th July 2019, 22:00   #902
BHPian

So bottom line is there is no variant where you get all the features. Each supposed top end misses something. Hope my assumption is correct or am i missing something here
ro3hit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 22:03   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
None of the Diesel engine gets 6 airbags, front and rear parking sensors or rain sensing wipers, or a 360 camera, or a heads up display.

So much for Kia being a "premium offering", and it being the messiah when it comes to feature loaded cars, and giving people the choice as to a fully loaded top end for those who want to spend money.

I know GTO told me to stay away from this thread, but couldnt resist this.

Agree, I waited to book the car tomorrow but will now hold on till better sense prevails at Kia. How can someone come up with such a confusing mix of variants? Basically no car variant has all the features they have been bragging about so far in their marketing.

It might still be a hit considering how loaded & good it looks but I am now thinking if jeep might release the other diesel automatic variants with 6 airbags etc which is a better bet now (with good prices too). Fingers crossed that I wait for couple of months till festive season and book after the chaos.
Old 15th July 2019, 22:04   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
Made my decision to stick to GTX+, I always loved driving a manual but would have loved an automatic gearbox. We anyways live in a third world country. ��
Same here.
Certain creature comforts are important for me personally, as I do spend a lot of time inside the car.
Yes a top end DCT would have been great, but I'd still get a TGDI with ample power.
Old 15th July 2019, 22:11   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Okay folks, Here is the official feature list received from a Kia rep. Have a look and decide what you want to do. Good Luck!

Attachment 1894710

What actually do they mean by these 'o' s? I see big 'O's and small 'o's. Does it mean optional, or standard or anything inbetween
Old 15th July 2019, 22:11   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
So bottom line is there is no variant where you get all the features. Each supposed top end misses something. Hope my assumption is correct or am i missing something here

If you skip the transmission, then Manual Petrol does get all the features on top end

Edit : or not, it looks like it might be missing 17inch alloys as well

Last edited by sandhyab : 15th July 2019 at 22:17.
Old 15th July 2019, 22:35   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
If you skip the transmission, then Manual Petrol does get all the features on top end

It does get the 17inch rim, the metallic wheels are the other grey wheel. The list didn't mention 17inch sporty rim which is exclusive to only gt trims. So yes, gtx+ manual petrol 1.4L T is the fully loaded car.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 22:44   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I think Kia has hired a Person from Hyundai who made Creta successful. I think this is the sole reason why one variant gets a feature that other doesn't.
The last I remember a sales rep himself losing track of what features which variant carries was when we checked out the Grand i10 AT. I believe it was a typical Ford style plonk-some-pull-some mid-life refresh.

This ones beats absolutely everything I've seen before!
Old 15th July 2019, 22:59   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
None of the Diesel engine gets 6 airbags, front and rear parking sensors or rain sensing wipers, or a 360 camera, or a heads up display.

I thought rear -parking sensors were now mandatory in India? Also if I am reading this right, the only variant to buy (other than the likely insanely expensive top end) if you want a diesel aromatic is the stripped down HTK+ which misses out on every feature that is useful or desirable except the Diesel engine and auto transmission😇

Also it looks like the feature list here does not include the NA petrol variants such as the GTE etc.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 15th July 2019 at 23:03.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 23:25   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post

I think the manual petrol top end misses on the drive modes (Eco, sport etc). Not sure if it misses on the terrain modes as well.
Old 15th July 2019, 23:44   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Okay folks, Here is the official feature list received from a Kia rep. Have a look and decide what you want to do. Good Luck!

Attachment 1894710

Attachment 1894711

So no cvt/ivt in petrol 1.5? Just manual gearbox offered for 1.5l petrol engine?
Old 15th July 2019, 23:57   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think the manual petrol top end misses on the drive modes (Eco, sport etc). Not sure if it misses on the terrain modes as well.

Is there any car in this range which has these modes in manual transmission which is anything other than just a gimmick?
Old 16th July 2019, 00:00   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
So no cvt/ivt in petrol 1.5? Just manual gearbox offered for 1.5l petrol engine?
Is there information on which variant comes with CVT box ?

Hg
Old 16th July 2019, 00:04   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post

Is there information on which variant comes with CVT box ?

Hg

I read the list closely and am of the opinion that the place where petrol and diesel is written on the top it must be a typographical error and instead of petrol there must be gt line written and instead of diesel there must be tech line written

And G1.5 is the petrol 1.5l engine, 1.5 crdi VGT is the diesel 1.5l engine, and G1.4T-GDI is the turbo petrol engine.
Old 16th July 2019, 00:22   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
What actually do they mean by these 'o' s? I see big 'O's and small 'o's. Does it mean optional, or standard or anything inbetween
No, it was a large tic-tac-toe game being played by 3 people. One chose a O, one chose a small o and the last guy picked a -. (Whatever happened with the traditional x eh). Turns out, that sheet was used it to equip variants.
And here we are, lesser mortals wondering what they were up to, with these messed up variants.
Mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks