Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 18:33   #3286
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Full article here: https://www.rushlane.com/nissan-kick...-12297095.html

Nissan Kicks may not be a direct competitor to the Tata Harrier in more ways than one, but there are buyers in the segment, who do consider both the SUVs, when in the market to buy an SUV in the Rs 15 lakh range.

Launched a day apart from each other, Nissan Kicks has managed to register sales of 1,370 units while Harrier 1st month sales stood at 422 units. This was probably not expected by many, considering that Harrier had more buzz, and had even opened bookings earlier (on 15th Oct 2018).

Harrier sales may have been lower than expectation of most, but Kicks’ sales are definitely higher than what was expected. It has now become the best-selling Nissan car in India in the new year.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 20:28   #3287
srh
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Full article here: https://www.rushlane.com/nissan-kick...-12297095.html

Harrier sales may have been lower than expectation of most, but Kicks’ sales are definitely higher than what was expected. It has now become the best-selling Nissan car in India in the new year.
I don't think this comparison is useful. I assume sales mean factory dispatches and not retail sales. The first month number is a function of launch strategy. A company may choose to build inventory in the factory over a few weeks before launch and then dispatch these immediately after launch. Another company may take the approach of launching the vehicle and then producing it in line with their estimate of sustainable monthly demand.
srh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 21:01   #3288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I passed by Concorde showroom on OMR Chennai last 3 days, there is a Harrier parked inside the showroom, but could not see a single customer. Looks like public is not fascinated by Harrier. I will try to check it tomorrow and see those finishing issues are there in the display vehicle.
I was planning to check it today, but display Harrier disappeared from the showroom. Is someone from Tata Motors reading this thread?
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 23:08   #3289
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to check it today, but display Harrier disappeared from the showroom. Is someone from Tata Motors reading this thread?
When they launched the Hexa , they had it for like a week or so before it disappeared.I hardly see any footfalls on that showroom and even though I work on the same stretch of road for the last 3 years I need to look for the showroom every time I drive back home because of the bigger signage from the restaurants.

I guess someone from Concorde must have pulled it to have it on display elsewhere.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th February 2019 at 11:37. Reason: Removed additional spacing
indivic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 23:36   #3290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Launched a day apart from each other, Nissan Kicks has managed to register sales of 1,370 units while Harrier 1st month sales stood at 422 units. This was probably not expected by many, considering that Harrier had more buzz, and had even opened bookings earlier (on 15th Oct 2018).

Firstly those aren't sales, rather factory despatches. So quite a few of them will be display and test-drive vehicles. Agreed even then harrier was expected to have better despatch numbers. Secondly its way too early to judge the performance. February numbers would be more appropriate to start comparison and I guess next couple of months would give a clear picture on market sentiments.

The buzz around harrier is very much there. I have spotted the test drive car already twice in last two days in one of the IT parks in Outer ring road and general public (non-bhpian) seem to be mighty impressed with it. Couple of my colleagues who were in with a 15-16L budget were shocked to learn that the harrier would fit in their budget

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th February 2019 at 11:36. Reason: Removed additional spacing
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 00:31   #3291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Couple of my colleagues who were in with a 15-16L budget were shocked to learn that the harrier would fit in their budget
Even the XE comes above 16 lakhs in Bangalore.

XE is just too barebones and costs 16.7, the real useable entry variant is XM which costs 18.04 lakhs.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 00:51   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
I passed by Concorde showroom on OMR Chennai last 3 days, there is a Harrier parked inside the showroom, but could not see a single customer. Looks like public is not fascinated by Harrier. I will try to check it tomorrow and see those finishing issues are there in the display vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
When they launched the Hexa , they had it for like a week or so before it disappeared.I hardly see any footfalls on that showroom and even though I work on the same stretch of road for the last 3 years I need to look for the showroom every time I drive back home because of the bigger signage from the restaurants.

I guess someone from Concorde must have pulled it to have it on display elsewhere.
The placement of that showroom in OMR itself is so lame. On the service road and also too small. There are many 2 wheeler showrooms that are are bigger and swankier.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th February 2019 at 11:36. Reason: Removing additional spacing
Th!ru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 07:31   #3293
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally managed to find sometime and check the Harrier. Also had to fill the cancellation form against the booking I had made pre-launch.

Enough has been said and discussed on this thread and I really doubt if I can add much to it. We all have our likes, dislikes and preferences. While the car is impressive to look at both from the outside and inside, there are definitely a few places where quality suddenly dips. The biggest flaw in the interiors for me was the handbrake. The mechanism and idea is good on paper but it appeared very flimsy to operate. Use it with a bit for force ( usually handbrakes are not used delicately) and it would either break or come off in your hand ( that is how it felt). Second, when me and my father sat in the rear bench, to my surprise one of the doors ( father's side) refused to open back. And no it wasn't due to child lock. He climbed out from the other side. Apparently the lower half plastic had come out from the door and hence it wasn't opening now. The SA said it was due to some kid who had managed to take it out. Honestly it might be bad quality or just bad luck for Tata, but I haven't seen such things happening with other cars. If a kid managed to take it out in the ten minutes that his parents would have checked out the car, then wonder how it will deal with the abuses over a 5-7 year ownership period. Also at the same time, why would the dealership not address this at the earliest. You know you are fighting against years of prejudice ( as per Tata) and this just goes against what you are trying to change and convince people. Replace or fix the part before it shoos away a potential customer. Moreover the showroom didn't have more than a couple of buyers and hence it is not like there is no time or place.

Lastly yes the panel gaps and extremely uneven but I guess we will need to see if they have addressed this in the final car.

Overall I came out impressed but not yet convinced to pay 20L for this car simply due to suspect quality issues. The Cancellation cheque would be ready in 2 weeks!
drmohitg is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 10:42   #3294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Even the XE comes above 16 lakhs in Bangalore.

XE is just too barebones and costs 16.7, the real useable entry variant is XM which costs 18.04 lakhs.
Easy mate!!! When we start with a budget of 10L we usually end up spending another 1-2L for the better car(if we get one). Similarly for a budget of 16L, a couple of lakhs more won't hurt as much am sure provided you are happy with what you are getting. So you can say it is more of 16+/- budget.

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th February 2019 at 10:44.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 11:00   #3295
BHPian

Quote:

Any possibility that this is not reflective of the demand but rather supply? Currently Tata dealers in my city are stating that they are not getting adequate supply to meet the demand and hence the long waiting.

To put things in perspective, my dealer has so far received only three units since the vehicle was launched on 23 Jan. Apparently the supply focus is on Northern India which (according to him) is a stronger market for Tata.
arethusa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 16:27   #3296
BHPian

It's too early to pass judgement on the Harrier. It will clearly take at least a couple of months to understand how much demand really exists as well as which cars are getting impacted by it's arrival. The obvious observation is that TATA could have just pushed a lot more cars to give a positive spin on the initial sales. Since they do have bookings it would have made sense to convert most bookings into real sales quickly.

Last edited by chittybang : 15th February 2019 at 16:30. Reason: Spelling
chittybang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 22:22   #3297
BHPian

Tata Harrier Telesto Grey, Orcus White and Calisto Copper at a dealer yard.

Source : YouTube screenshots from Power&Torque video below

Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190215221341_youtube.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190215221333_youtube.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190215221320_youtube.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190215221309_youtube.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190215221347_youtube.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190215221302_youtube.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 15th February 2019 at 22:24.
uday.ere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 12:40   #3298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It would be foolish to assume that the AT would supersede the demand for MT in the SUV segment as of now. But it definitely has gained a lot of market share with each year. The Compass AT is a poor example.
Agreed, the Compass AT is definitely not the best but quoted it since it is the most direct rival according to me

Cheers!
Old 16th February 2019, 21:35   #3299
BHPian

Saw these Harrier test mules near forum Koramangala . Bosch test center? What are they testing.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 17th February 2019 at 09:56. Reason: Adding watermarks
SaNdY_AR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 21:40   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Saw these Harrier test mules near forum Koramangala . Bosch test center? What are they testing
Looks like the H7X because it has roof rails if you look closely under the camo.

Last edited by nainan : 16th February 2019 at 21:45.
nainan is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks