Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 20:45   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think we should encourage such reporting (both good and bad) as long as there is no misinformation.
What is preventing the informers from revealing vehicle registration numbers? I am still waiting to hear about that friend's neighbour's Hector which went back to service center within 2-3 days. This is not a Whats App group to just forward messages without even checking its genuinity. As Reinhard questioned, can you believe that a car can be pushed without a driver inside?
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 20:48   #1562
BANNED

Autocar India does a comparison between MG Hector and Tata Harrier.

wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 13:07   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Autocar India does a comparison between MG Hector and Tata Harrier.
Yup watched it yesterday and also tweeted Rajeev Chaba and MG saying, even ACI mentioned the uneven panel gaps, disconnected steering wheel and the ultra super soft suspension.

Last edited by manson : 7th August 2019 at 16:05. Reason: Trimmed quote.
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 14:05   #1564
Senior - BHPian

There is no perfect car in any segment, why should a person ponder over others thoughts or comments. I have seen lot of people on this forum who are happy with their little cars like Maruti 800, Alto, there are also people who bought most expensive cars and still are not satisfied. If you like something just go and buy it, live your life when you have the chance.These reviews are good to the point to know about a car, not to drive the car.
I foresee the big touch screen in Hector will be a flop when drivers cannot communicate with the car. I saw posts where members are worried about our regional languages, but how many accents of English we have in India? Can Hector pick up the English accent of Bengali, Bhojpuri, Malayalee, Tamil owners?
deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 14:21   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Can Hector pick up the English accent of Bengali, Bhojpuri, Malayalee, Tamil owners?
I think MG has taken care of that. In one of the review on Youtube , the reviewer says " Hello Behen JI" instead " Hello MG" and the car responds back.

I don't know if we should call it Accommodating Indian Accents or Inefficiency of system.
Autolock123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 15:00   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
I think MG has taken care of that. In one of the review on Youtube , the reviewer says " Hello Behen JI" instead " Hello MG" and the car responds back.
It has probably caught the first and last words Hello + G, someone should try words like "Chalo Behen G", "Kya Haal G". These were the basic things to have been taken care by MG before the launch.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th August 2019 at 15:03.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 15:59   #1567
BANNED

Quote:
It has probably caught the first and last words Hello + G, someone should try words like "Chalo Behen G", "Kya Haal G". These were the basic things to have been taken care by MG before the launch.
May be artificial intelligence at work here. Finding the location to be India and registering the commands based on the official language Hindi.
Old 7th August 2019, 17:27   #1568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I foresee the big touch screen in Hector will be a flop when drivers cannot communicate with the car. I saw posts where members are worried about our regional languages, but how many accents of English we have in India? Can Hector pick up the English accent of Bengali, Bhojpuri, Malayalee, Tamil owners?
Interesting. Will Hector be the first car to discriminate the drivers and oblige only if they are 'english speaking'? Currently, even an illiterate person can be a driver for even Maybach .
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 17:41   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Interesting. Will Hector be the first car to discriminate the drivers and oblige only if they are 'english speaking'? Currently, even an illiterate person can be a driver for even Maybach .
Wow, never thought of this. So if a driver who doesn't know english travelling alone, then God has to be his translator to speak to Hello MG.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 17:49   #1570
Senior - BHPian

This thought came to my mind after reading some posts, not sure about these voice commands. I have not seen people testing the voice commands using other accents, keeping my fingers crossed till I TD the Hector.
Old 8th August 2019, 09:01   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
This thought came to my mind after reading some posts, not sure about these voice commands. I have not seen people testing the voice commands using other accents, keeping my fingers crossed till I TD the Hector.
I am sure this will not be a problem, as this was part of the MG presentation, and they had tied up with a good company in India to tide over this problem, can't seem to remember which one was it though. I am sure that information is lurking somewhere within 100+ pages of this thread.

Given the cars have been successfully delivered in large numbers in the south also, I am sure you should get some solace from that. Heck my 3 year old with her sweet soft voice and broken english is also able to command MG like nobody's business
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 09:21   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Two of my neighbours have taken delivery of the MG Hector, both in white. So I'm assuming that's a fast-selling colour. Problem is, (even they admit), the shade looks tacky. It's not looking as graceful as ones in dark colour - black and grey are best and have tremendous road presence. Please see this colour in person before getting your rides.
Old 8th August 2019, 09:36   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Please see this colour in person before getting your rides.
Is there something like Metallic and Non-Metallic colors in the shades?
Old 8th August 2019, 10:13   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about the two kinds of white. By the way, their website has this warning in this band at the bottom, against errant dealers. So it is true, the demand is indeed high!
Quote:
Is there something like Metallic and Non-Metallic colors in the shades?
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screen-shot-20190808-10.08.29-am.png  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 10:14   #1575
BHPian

Just received this email from MG, attaching a snapshot. Quite thoughtful and highly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mg.png  

AGwagon is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks