Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2019, 14:15   #1666
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Friend shared the below image of yet another MG Hector breaking down.

Attachment 1905460
Knowing that area and the traffic, I do not think anybody would stop their vehicle close to the median unless there is an issue with the car and they have been forced to stop. My 2 cents. However details should also emerge of what went wrong with the car. Genuinely angry owners usually take to social media and post their woes these days. I remember an issue with a newly delivered Jeep compass with suspension damage. Either MG is taking super good care of the owners/things are exaggerated. Something is wrong here and I feel all sides are fighting a online perception war tooth and nail. It won't be long before we get to know the truth
drjkonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 17:01   #1667
BHPian

Hector with wheel caps - first time that wheel caps are actually looking far better than the company alloys !
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1566127879570.jpg  

JishD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 17:02   #1668
BHPian

After emailing the MG pulse hub several times, I finally got the answer to my question of whether the cars at least my car that will be delivered in Jan 2020 will be BS6 or BS4, or did I

MG 1st email
----------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--------------------
Dear Shreeji ,

Thank you for showing interest in MG Hector.
I would like to inform you that at present Emission norms in India is BS-IV and BS-VI Emission norms implementation in India is mandated by Govt from 1st April 2020.
Our engines hardware are ready with minor changes to meet vehicle level BS-VI emissions norms.
Various exhaust gas after-treatment parts (also hardware ready) are added along with engine in vehicle.
Vehicles are under testing and will be certified as per processes mandated by Govt. to be declared compliant to BSVI emissions norms.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
Best Regards,
Jim Thomas
MG Motor India

My reply to the email above

I understand that, but it still doesnt answer my question.The vehicle which I booked on 1st July, which MG will deliver in Jan 2020. Will that be a BS6 complaint or not?

MG's 2nd email
Dear Shreeji,

I would like to inform you that current MG Hector is certified from Govt as BS-IV, it can’t be upgraded to BS-VI.
However, vehicles are under testing and will be certified as per processes mandated by Govt. to be declared compliant to BSVI emissions norms.

Best Regards,
Neelam Bhardwaj
MG Motor India

My reply to the email above
How difficult is it to understand the language?

Here is the question again in English, I booked a MG Hector on July 1st 2019, MG emailed saying it will be delivered tentatively in January 2020. Will that car be BS4 or BS6?

Please let me know if you are unable to understand my question in English and if you prefer any other language. I will try and ask the same question in your language of preference.

Examples of the answer that you may give are as follows

1. Your car will be BS4 complaint
2. Your car will be BS6 complaint
3. Your car will be BS6 ready

MG's 3rd email
Dear Sreeji,

I would like to inform you that MG Hector is BS-IV. The BS-VI compliant engines will be launched once the BS-Vi norms will be implimented (April 2020).
Further, I would like to inform you that the car that you will getting in the month of January 2020 will be BS-IV engine.

Best Regards,
Jim Thomas
MG Motor India

Does it make sense to get a BS 4 vehicle in January 2020? By the looks of it it will be the same till April 2020.

Last edited by sreejinair : 18th August 2019 at 17:06.
sreejinair is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 17:49   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Does it make sense to get a BS 4 vehicle in January 2020? By the looks of it it will be the same till April 2020.
I would not buy a BS-IV vehicle in Jan 2020. I like the way you pinned them down, though the answer was clear since they were pussy-footing about it.

However, this line is puzzling:
Quote:
I would like to inform you that current MG Hector is certified from Govt as BS-IV, it can’t be upgraded to BS-VI.
Unquote
Is it that the Hector is actually BS-VI compliant, but the manufacturers cannot claim it since the Government has not certified it?

Last edited by earthian : 18th August 2019 at 17:54.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:07   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post

However, this line is puzzling:
Quote:
Unquote
Is it that the Hector is actually BS-VI compliant, but the manufacturers cannot claim it since the Government has not certified it?
I think that is correct. BS-VI hasn't been published and Gov cannot certify any engine yet. The government may have shared the draft specifications with the manufacturers so that they start building the engines which meet the specs when the BS VI norm kicks in.
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 18:19   #1671
BHPian

The norms for BSVI have been finalised and published a long time ago. If vehicles meet those norms, they would be compliant. It is possible that the manufacturers haven't produced their vehicles to ARAI for BSVI certification yet, or are still fine tuning to meet the norms.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 19:20   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Hector with wheel caps - first time that wheel caps are actually looking far better than the company alloys !
The base variant also looks better without the big touch screen. How does the emission norm reflect now in RC? BS-VI ready or BS-IV for a vehicle which is compliant with new norms.

Last edited by deehunk : 18th August 2019 at 19:24.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 20:16   #1673
BHPian

The whole confusion of BS4 and 6 itself is unnecessary. If you are looking for a diesel car (for better torque than the available petrol options) this is the best time to buy esp during early 2020 for huge discounts. Post 2020 all diesel cars will be expensive to buy and even the running cost will be high due to the adblue. For the same reason, most probably the BS4 engines will fetch more in the used market.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 18th August 2019 at 20:18.
::CMS:: is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 20:32   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
If you are looking for a diesel car (for better torque than the available petrol options) this is the best time to buy esp during early 2020 for huge discounts.
The diesel cars will be dearer by 2-2.5 lakhs for a 2.0L SUV, so buying before April 2020 will be a good decision.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 20:49   #1675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Unquote

It meets Euro 6 norms, but requires minor modifications to meet the BS6 norms. Same applies to Compass and Harrier too which are using the same engine. If am not wrong, they are currently in testing phase.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 22:33   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think that is correct. BS-VI hasn't been published and Gov cannot certify any engine yet. The government may have shared the draft specifications with the manufacturers so that they start building the engines which meet the specs when the BS VI norm kicks in.
How come Kia Seltos engines (both Petro and Diesel) are certified as BS VI ready? Even Maruti has already launched many of their Petrol vehicles as BS VI ready.
Old 18th August 2019, 22:53   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
How come Kia Seltos engines (both Petro and Diesel) are certified as BS VI ready? Even Maruti has already launched many of their Petrol vehicles as BS VI ready.
There's a difference between "ready" and compliant / certified. There are certain requirements that need to be in place, which could be provided for. However, the functionality and even effectiveness determines compliance.
swissknife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 00:17   #1678
BHPian

Does buying a BS4 or BS6 make any difference? I would any day get a BS4 diesel as it will be cheaper to buy and maintain without any of the complexities of DPF, SCR, Urea stuff, etc. I don't think any one should delay a purchase just for getting a BS6! There will be a rush in January to March 2020 to get those last BS4 cars, better buy the cars now itself.
Old 19th August 2019, 00:55   #1679
BHPian

The BS6 is a 2-step requirement. First, the engine must be upgraded/tuned to emit lesser pollutants. Second, the engine/vehicle must be equipped with OBD that must record various new readings from the engine. Once the vehicle is ready with these changes, the OEM can get the engine certified. Once certified, to retain its validity, Conformity of Production is done by sample testing engines yearly (For passenger cars :- 1 engine/yr for volumes < 250 and 3 engines/yr for volumes > 5000).

All this is mandatory for engines produced on or after 1 Apr 2020 but is optional for those produced until then.

Some manufacturers are getting their upgraded engines BS6-certified already (Ex: Tata 3.8L NA SGI CNG engine used in their commercial vehicles) while some are still waiting for Apr 2020, despite having BS-6 ready machines - either for further fine tuning or to limit costs which only they’re aware of.

If you want to read about BS6 in detail head to the downloads section on ARAI website.
dksv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 08:28   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The diesel cars will be dearer by 2-2.5 lakhs for a 2.0L SUV, so buying before April 2020 will be a good decision.
How about petrols. What can be a tentative increment for a Petrol BSVI vs BSIV?
Is the wait worth it?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks