Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2019, 13:49   #1771
BHPian

I am reminded of the old Tata truck whenever I see the Hector. Do anyone else also feel the same?

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1567239465314.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 31st August 2019 at 19:00. Reason: Fixed attachment
diwa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 14:10   #1772
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Going off track here, but sorry, I have to ask you how the electric metro train pollutes? Regarding colour, I have liked only the black and dark grey shades on Hector.
The pollution may occur in a different place. As said in another thread, most of India's power comes from coal, oil etc.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 15:02   #1773
Senior - BHPian

I have started spotting fewof these on roads here in Delhi-NCR. I am glad that I went ahead with my XUV purchase. Hector may be more contemptory looking but it is no match for butch presence of XUV.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 21:27   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I am reminded of the old Tata truck whenever I see the Hector. Do anyone else also feel the same?
Could you elaborate please? How does it remind you of a truck?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 22:21   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Going off track here, but sorry, I have to ask you how the electric metro train pollutes? Regarding colour, I have liked only the black and dark grey shades on Hector.
There is no proper air circulation inside the train, experience it during peak hours. The metro is a perfect place for contagious diseases. Passengers stand very close to air vents and block the air flow.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 13:45   #1776
BANNED

MG India retails 2,018 units of Hector in August 2019, it retailed 1,508 units in July.

Quote:
Gaurav Gupta, COO, MG Motor India said, “We remain strongly focused on fulfilling the 28,000 bookings, as part of our commitment to ensure customer satisfaction. The strong momentum for the Hector has continued with over 11,000 additional customers registered on our priority waitlist, after bookings were temporarily halted in July this year because of the huge response.”
Link
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 15:08   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Could you elaborate please? How does it remind you of a truck?
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-hector2.png

The way the headlight protrudes and the C shaped chrome accents in Hector resembles the rectangle headlights of the truck. The grill may not be an exact match, but the MG logo is placed similar to the round Tata logo.
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 16:31   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I am now considering HTX+ or GTX+ Diesel AT in Seltos. As I don't think Turbo Petrols with Autoboxes are really matched for SUVs in efficiency terms.

I also saw a classified of a pre-owned low-mileage 2017 Tuscon GLS AT Diesel for 19+L, do you think it is a better buy than Seltos? How much mileage would a Tuscon Diesel Auto typically return?

Diesel Seltos will definitely give you more mileage than the diesel Hector, even the petrol Seltos should give more mileage than the Petrol Hector.

Dude 2017 diesel Tucson for 19+L is an awesome deal, is it the FWD or the AWD?. Just FYI I saw 3 Tucson's and all of them had accidental history and all of them had under body damage. It was difficult to find out the actual ground clearance of the Tucson, as the Indian and even the American website doesn't mention the clearance. I think I found that out from the Australian website, which is 172mm unladen, couple that with the soft suspension and you know its not going to be that good off the road, specially with more occupants. If you are not going to go the off road that much , I think you should consider that car. 1 You get a bigger car than the Seltos and 2 Hyundai diesels are very refined, when I test drove the diesel Tucson I couldnt figure out if it was on or off. As far as mileage goes, the TD vehicle I drove few months ago displayed avg of 9 km/l, but trust me the real life mileage will be much higher. Its a really powerful car and probably no other car in that price bracket provides such power.

Not sure if I mentioned this before on this thread, but I cancelled my booking of the Hector Petrol DCT top end. It has been a few days since I cancelled my booking, expecting the refund by 7th. I also booked the Seltos Petrol DCT, the GTX+ variant but I'm going to cancel that today itself. I bought a used car yesterday, I had to because my sedan got totaled 2 weeks ago.
sreejinair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:17   #1779
Distinguished - BHPian

The 5,000th Hector rolls out from MG's Halol plant.

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 06:32   #1780
Senior - BHPian

MG had 28000 bookings and a further 11000 on waitlist. They've despatched around 3500 units till date, so by simple maths, around 35000 bookings remain ( Let's assume no one cancels). Even if they ramp up production to 3000 units a month, it'll still take them 10 months to clear the existing backlog, let alone service new bookings. If we take into account the cancellations etc that'll follow as people get tired of waiting, it'll still come to around 6 months of waiting time for those looking to own the hector.

MG had said that in the first phase of initial 4-5 years, production capacity would be around 80,000 to 85,000 units per annum but it'll take some time for them to reach that figure.

It's advantage Kia for sure.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:26   #1781
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
MG had 28000 bookings and a further 11000 on waitlist. They've despatched around 3500 units till date, so by simple maths, around 35000 bookings remain ( Let's assume no one cancels).
This is a recipe for niggles, as we have seen with 4th generation Honda City initial batches. Quality checks may not be diligent as it should be in this scenario, as company would be more interested in delivering the product ASAP.
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:43   #1782
Senior - BHPian

I can see under 40 people there (in that pic) on the factory floor. If this were Maruti you'd need real wide-angle lens. LOL. I buy your thought that with production going up sporadically, quality checks might falter. They need to scale up but have a tight hold on the quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
This is a recipe for niggles
Old 2nd September 2019, 09:48   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
MG India retails 2,018 units of Hector in August 2019, it retailed 1,508 units in July.

Link

Hopefully they'll increase production soon because at this rate it'll take them a year to deliver 28k units.
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:57   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Attachment 1911839

The way the headlight protrudes and the C shaped chrome accents in Hector resembles the rectangle headlights of the truck. The grill may not be an exact match, but the MG logo is placed similar to the round Tata logo.

Sorry to be rude, but its one of the most dumb correlation I have seen. Even the pictures you have put together are nothing alike. Maybe it came to your mind, but not everything that comes to your mind should be spoken out (just like this post of mine, )
sandhyab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:17   #1785
BHPian

All the bulk plus a 1.5l petrol never was going to look good for the wallet.

As many said earlier in the thread, until the market makes the transition to EVs, diesels will still be king for medium-large size SUVs. Provides loads of torque to move the mass while also being relatively forgiving to people with Heavy Foot Syndrome ( HFS ), like me.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks