Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2019, 14:44   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

For those who are considering XL6 as their next car, but are disappointed by the lack of Auto-IRVM, they can add this kit from Celerio which should be a direct fit:

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-20190830_144130.jpg

Its price has been updated and now retails for Rs. 6490. This kit is also applicable for those Marutis which get a similar mount for the IRVM(Two screws, mounted on the roof, without any lamp). Such cars are: All Generations of Swift, Dzire, Ertiga, M800 etc.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 15:19   #332
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
For those who are considering XL6 as their next car, but are disappointed by the lack of Auto-IRVM, they can add this kit from Celerio which should be a direct fit:

... Such cars are: All Generations of Swift, Dzire, Ertiga, M800 etc.

Regards,
Shashi
Would this fit a Ritz 2012?
Old 30th August 2019, 15:22   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Would this fit a Ritz 2012?
Check if your mirror pops out from the roof lining via a screwed mount. The kit seems compatible for that type. If your mirror is glue mounted onto the windshield glass itself - then its not in the compatible list as per the note above.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 17:17   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Flat bottom steering is usually associated with sportiness. But did not find any in XL6, but at the same time it suits a Swift or a Polo or a sporty sedan.
You're wrong on multiple counts!!

Flat bottom steering is made for Indians, not for sportiness, since most of Indians don't have flat belly. So, the design is to accommodate our bulging bellies

With sub 4 metres cars, space comes at a premium. So, an inch here and there adds space & practicality.

Even, If your Car is sporty, where do you've the roads to drive?

Last edited by jaaz : 30th August 2019 at 17:18.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 18:19   #335
JLS
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1911532

Its price has been updated and now retails for Rs. 6490. This kit is also applicable for those Marutis which get a similar mount for the IRVM(Two screws, mounted on the roof, without any lamp). Such cars are: All Generations of Swift, Dzire, Ertiga, M800 etc.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for this information.
Will this require connection with battery, or any other wiring?

Also, are there any similar after market products if anybody has come across? Because 6490 looks bit pricey.

Thanks
JLS
Old 30th August 2019, 20:03   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga vs XL6 comparo

Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 21:16   #337
Senior - BHPian

For the speeds shown in the above video, one need not buy a Fiat or VW. A Maruti or Hyundai will do just fine on these roads.

As for the premiumness of the vehicle, why don't the other manufacturers show Maruti how it's done at this price point. It's a free market after all.

I'll be satisfied with a 4 speed AT as long as I don't have to stop the car for the transmission to cool down. Technology be damned.

Some car makers choose to do the basics right and transport people from point A to B. Some choose to give them a better driving experience at a higher price point.

Why do we keep demanding the same from that manufacturer when we know they are not there to serve that set of customers?

Different strokes for different folks. Don't like it, choose one which satisfies your requirement.
SchumiFan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 21:53   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga vs XL6 comparo
All said and done, I think Siddarth has a pertinent query: Why the XL6?? The Ertiga makes more sense with it's elegant looks, practicality of having a bench in the middle row and being a little more affordable as compared to the XL 6 which looks hideous, overdone, captain seats in the middle row and disproportionate due to the small wheel size.
Old 30th August 2019, 22:01   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
All said and done, I think Siddarth has a pertinent query: Why the XL6?? The Ertiga makes more sense with it's elegant looks, practicality of having a bench in the middle row and being a little more affordable as compared to the XL 6 which looks hideous, overdone, captain seats in the middle row and disproportionate due to the small wheel size.
Having checked the XL6 in person, the only bits I liked in it over the Ertiga were all black interiors(the overdose of Beige in Ertiga can turn off some people) and better features which the Ertiga should have got from day 1 IMO. The captain seat is something which doesn't warrant a special model lineup, and maybe this is why Maruti pasted all that body cladding around to differentiate it more.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:20   #340
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No more off-topic posts please. Discuss only the XL6 here. Thank you!
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 14:07   #341
Senior - BHPian

The one thing I dont understand is "Why is Maruti underplaying its Smart Hybrid here"

Hybrid is the buzz word in the Automobile world and it should promote it as if its landed on Moon.

Not many players have introduced Hybrids, so that itself is "Niche"
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 19:26   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So in this "ALL BLACK" interior theme, Maruti has left the roof felt lining, pillars, roof grab handles all BEIGE. Its not looking too good IMO. Should have changed it to a greyish shade instead. Its taking away the claimed "all black" interiors theme idea and not in a good way!
Am I missing something because the upper trims including the headliner was grey in all the vehicles I saw.
Old 31st August 2019, 20:09   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Am I missing something because the upper trims including the headliner was grey in all the vehicles I saw.
Alright, then I guess there is still some mix and match visible in pre production/early run cars. The car I saw in my office's Nexa stall and the car also seen in ZigWheels review had beige upper half of cabin. Let's hope the series production models come with grey.
Old 31st August 2019, 20:27   #344
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
The automatic mileage is a downer; the old 4 speed torque converter delivers 7 kmpl (urban) according to ACI..
Atleast in Bangalore with my JP Nagar to Whitefield stretch where the evenings are anything but 2.5hr+ long drive with constant AC for a 20km distance, Ertiga has given me around 9.5kmpl
However I have noticed that during less traffic times, mileage does jump to 11.5 Kmpl
Have not yet taken this on long highway drive despite it now having driven for 6months and 2500km

Last edited by harishhm74 : 31st August 2019 at 20:28.
harishhm74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 21:59   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Atleast in Bangalore with my JP Nagar to Whitefield stretch where the evenings are anything but 2.5hr+ long drive with constant AC for a 20km distance, Ertiga has given me around 9.5kmpl
Assuming that you have the auto version, I must say that those figures are extremely impressing considering the fact that my Tigor AMT petrol returns around 10Kmpl in pure city traffic !!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks